Time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/C

sv5020

Right off the assembly line
Hello-

I need to install a 1 Ton split A/C soon and I've got a 5kVA servo stabilizer serving the entire home. Do I need to have a separate voltage stabilizer for the A/C unit ? The existing servo-stabilizer has a power on delay 1 sec to 5 mins-selectable range. So my question how much time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/C is advisable for the better life of compressor ? Or time delay doesn't matter and only high/low voltage protection is sufficient for split A/C's ? Pls advise.

PraKs

Youngling
Interesting question, I am looking at answer too. Please share if you get from some other source.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
time delay generally be in range of 1min to 3 minutes maximum..
and this time is required to avoid the harm from sudden power cut as it gives time to clear the compressor with any unwanted refrigerant/coolant..
also prevents the compressor from short fluctuations..

OP
S

sv5020

Interesting question, I am looking at answer too. Please share if you get from some other source.

I got most of the response stating that a delay must be required for the compressor when the power resume after a minute or so. I'll have to look for a time delay device in the market.

OP
S

sv5020

yes, I'm planning to buy this time delay device for the A/C.

Selec - Creating Best Value

Top Bottom