This is how i cool my modem

Hrishi

this is HP pavillion DV2700 SE??
BTW , I hope you are not using the laptop to power than fan.

And you post this in "power supply/cabinet/mods" thread? you can make a cardboard fan folder and give it some good color. Thn it will look more like a 'mod'.

OP
R

rayfire

Journeyman
@ASHISH65 No. but keeps the modem cool. just a fun mod i guess:razz:

@Rishi. its a old dv6000. i am using the laptop to power the fan

Hrishi

@ASHISH65 No. but keeps the modem cool. just a fun mod i guess:razz:

@Rishi. its a old dv6000. i am using the laptop to power the fan
In case if you love your laptop , you may stick to using any other power source for the fan , like a power adapter for your phone not in use.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
@OP bbbut...why do u need to cool modem, modem never gets too hot or throttle!! my modem neve... *touches modem while its running for 17616896523... hours*

.....SOMEBODY!!! Some Wat......:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Modem gets hot mate, especially the OEM ones provided by BSNL, due to which I've had to change and replace modem 5 times over a span of 4 yrs.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Modem gets hot mate, especially the OEM ones provided by BSNL, due to which I've had to change and replace modem 5 times over a span of 4 yrs.

My BSNL one doesn't seem to get that hot, even though it's been continuously on since 2006!!! :razz:

It's a UTStarCom UT 300-R2 ADSL make provided by BSNL... What model did they provide you??? Just curious!!! :cool:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
just being on is not enough.unless one is downloading modem is not stressed by just browsing.

It's constantly downloading too!!! :razz:

That's the reason I have 2TB+1TB on my desktop PC, 1TB in my Laptop and 2TB + .5TB External HDD and still feel that I am running out of space!!! :-D

Now, don't ask what I am downloading!!! :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Top Bottom