Thinking to buy an android phone in between 20-25K

aneek

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking to buy an android phone. My budget is between 20K and 25K.

Let me tell you all that what I need in that particular handset.

1. Good Battery backup.
2. Good Sound & Multimedia features.
3. Good Connectivity and Email Access apps like gmail,google docs etc. etc.
4. A so-so camera will do because I've a canon 550D.
5. Touch Screen. not those kind of which catches every thumb impression.

Well these are the requirements. I've been using Sony Ericsson w700i since 2006 August and still its working fine. I've given it to my mom now she uses it without any trouble.
Should I go for another sony ericsson..?? or others..??

Please suggest me guys... I've posting many queries to this thinkdigit forum over the last 4 years and never went empty handed. Please help me to retain my this belief to this website.

Help me out on this. Desperately needed the phone.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I'd suggest Samsung Nexus S. You could get it around 25k if you look hard enough. Its the most cutting-edge dream phone out there... 4" Super-Amoled screen, Curved-glass display, 1Ghz processor, Android Gingerbread, front and back cameras... its awesome...

Read the Nexus S Review on Engadget and decide for yourself...

Here is a Nexus S review on Youtube (video)

If you're thinking of non-android options, Samsung Omnia 7 (Windows phone) is absolutely amazing...

Cheers!

pauldmps

Banned
For great 25k phones, Wait!

Some good offerings may come especially from SE (I'm hoping so but SE phones are always overpriced).

A new version of Desire- the Desire S is also to come.

Soumik

Padawan
I dont think samsung has anything new in that price range... sgs2 would be around 30 if not higher IMO.
desire S launched for 500 euros... certainly it wont launch cheaper in india.
and ya... SE phones are always over priced at launch.
i think nexus s is the best buy around 25K rite now.
but if you are spending that much, better wait to see the actual launch price of these new phones.

OP
aneek

aneek

Broken In
@utkarsh009, I've seen the Google Nexus S Video in Nexus S The new Android phone from Google. It's awesome. Is it available in india..??

@Amalek is Google Nexus S same as Samsung Nexus S ? I live in Kolkata, any idea where to find..?? tohugh I've some cool shops around here.

@pauldmps & @Soumik & @desiibond yes I agree with you SE phone prices are high in the first 3 months from the official launching. But then it goes down.

So what say..?? Should I wait..???

vishurocks

Journeyman
U should wait atleast for 2 months. After that u could be able to get xperia pro(personally like it). For the pricing and overpricing of upcomin se phones (arc, pro, neo), better wait and watch.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@aneek,

Google Nexus S is the same as Samsung Nexus S.

But even I agree now... that you should wait for a few months. You will get better phones which have been launched at CES and MWC this month. Wait for them to come to India...

Cheers!

pauldmps

Banned
The Nexus S has not been launched in India. It is selling for a whopping Rs. 39490 at shopping.indiatimes.com. So it is better to wait.

OP
aneek

aneek

Broken In
Well Guys,

Then it's better to wait for some time... So be it... :-o

I'll get back to this thread after some time.. Say after one month...

Thanks for the suggestions...

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yeah, but Nexus S has Oleophobic Curved Screen (but still gorilla glass is better :))

first, India is going to get S-LCD for display. Also, I would go with gorilla glass anyday over a display that is punched in the middle.

it doesnt matter unless its "BT v3 + HS". A regular BT v3 has speed equal to that of v2.1

hmm. let's hope that Sammy does have HS supported h/w underneath

And Nexus S has flash

makes it even, ain't it.

i think 16GB storage is enough for some of us

But last of all Nexus S has Google support.

with apps, music, movies etc, the more the better. 32gig on my n900 is always full.

Top Bottom