The Witcher 3

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
decoctions use rare materials, can't remake them every time obviously.
Not only decoctions but the superior oils and potions too. Some are a pain to make.

Unlike tw2 where number of alchemical substances was only 4 or 5. So making potions over and over again made sense (was a bit tedious though after 20 hours)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

Not only decoctions but the superior oils and potions too. Some are a pain to make.

Unlike tw2 where number of alchemical substances was only 4 or 5. So making potions over and over again made sense (was a bit tedious though after 20 hours)

found this in reddit: cougar528 comments on 200 hours in before I realised I was doing decoctions ENTIRELY wron

i have a similar sorta story. I'm 110 hours in and didn't realize that decoctions refilled like potions. I thought they were one time use. Been hanging onto the *******s THE. WHOLE. GAME.

also, its first child comment: Super_Jay comments on 200 hours in before I realised I was doing decoctions ENTIRELY wron

If it's any consolation, my buddy thought the same thing was true of all potions. He's like "Man it's rough, they only give you like 3 potions at a time and then they run out and have you have to remake them from scratch." He played 20-30 hours without meditating once and had no idea that potions, oils, decoctions, and bombs all refilled automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

also, this with before-after pics: Stickdropped comments on Alchemy Help - One time use vs Permanen

- - - Updated - - -

that also presents the problem of getting those materials everytime for cooking up a decoction.

say you want a griffin decoction. as per your logic, you'll need to find and kill a griffin everytime to make a potion just one time.

see my point?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
that also presents the problem of getting those materials everytime for cooking up a decoction.

say you want a griffin decoction. as per your logic, you'll need to find and kill a griffin everytime to make a potion just one time.

see my point?

Exactly!
Meditating refills all. It only reduces strong alcohol count.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
found this in reddit: cougar528 comments on 200 hours in before I realised I was doing decoctions ENTIRELY wron

also, its first child comment: Super_Jay comments on 200 hours in before I realised I was doing decoctions ENTIRELY wron

- - - Updated - - -

also, this with before-after pics: Stickdropped comments on Alchemy Help - One time use vs Permanen

- - - Updated - - -

see my point?
Even then killing a Griffin doesn't guarantee a Griffin mutagen drop needed for the decoction

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Exactly!
Meditating refills all. It only reduces strong alcohol count.

brings me back to one my questions.
Apart from Alcohest, what are the other strong alcohols?

Even then killing a Griffin doesn't guarantee a Griffin mutagen drop needed for the decoction

oh dear.

btw, i got tired of the tedious looting process and added the Auto Loot mod.
now i autoloot on killing, or on pressing 'U'

- - - Updated - - -

best part is i can loot herbs without getting down from Roach.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Strong alcohols are all you can't drink. There are quite a few and all are sorted under alchemy instead of food. Few popular ones are the MILFgardian Lemon , Temerian Rye, Alcohest is the purest form of alcohol and requires specific crafting while all other can be bought/found etc.

P.S autoloot is a must have anyway. Ciri can loot better than Geralt . Dunno what they were thinking

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Strong alcohols are all you can't drink. There are quite a few and all are sorted under alchemy instead of food. Few popular ones are the MILFgardian Lemon , Temerian Rye, Alcohest is the purest form of alcohol and requires specific crafting while all other can be bought/found etc.

P.S autoloot is a must have anyway. Ciri can loot better than Geralt . Dunno what they were thinking

what do you mean ciri loots better? i didnt notice on the similar lines.

please explain without spoiling. or use spoilers

I never cared about alcohols so much just focused on Skills and Upgrading

no potions? potions are game changer dude. the right potions is the difference between taking down an opponent and you life. also, it seperates it from all other hack and slash or shooting games.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Ciri loot animation doesn't have the UI for Geralt. It works in similar fashion to the auto loot where you can loot rather quickly. But ciri has no inven anyway so it makes no sense looting

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Alchemy: can add up to 1k health per decoction (upto 3 decoctions together) increase mutagen bonuses to 50% more , give infinite vigor (conditions apply) , immune to stagger, blind, bleed etc, slow time . + Signs with aard freeze is a killer combination on Death March

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Alchemy: can add up to 1k health per decoction (upto 3 decoctions together) increase mutagen bonuses to 50% more , give infinite vigor (conditions apply) , immune to stagger, blind, bleed etc, slow time . + Signs with aard freeze is a killer combination on Death March

dam son

i need to experiment even more.
does meditating replenish decoctions, oils, potions and bombs even on Death March difficulty?

- - - Updated - - -

also, has anyone tried out nVidia Ansel with W3 yet?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
dam son

i need to experiment even more.
does meditating replenish decoctions, oils, potions and bombs even on Death March difficulty?

- - - Updated - - -

also, has anyone tried out nVidia Ansel with W3 yet?
Yeah meditating will replenish supplies. But it won't regen health. You have to take potions or eat to regen in death March. Unless you have the skill for regen which frankly is a waste. Just have a troll decoction on at all times. Once you invest in Alchemy, your decoctions will last more than 1 hour real time and potions above 10s of minutes.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
it seems i need to install the Increase Skill Slots mod sometime in the near future as well. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah meditating will replenish supplies. But it won't regen health. You have to take potions or eat to regen in death March. Unless you have the skill for regen which frankly is a waste. Just have a troll decoction on at all times. Once you invest in Alchemy, your decoctions will last more than 1 hour real time and potions above 10s of minutes.

fookin awesome :hyper:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
it seems i need to install the Increase Skill Slots mod sometime in the near future as well.

- - - Updated - - -

fookin awesome :hyper:

Don't. Will break the game for you. 16 slots are enough. And you will need loads of points to unlock mutation slots anyway.

Top Bottom