The Witcher 3

kapilove77

Padawan
1.05 Patch is out!

The update on PS4 checks in at 500MB, with the PC version reportedly 248.4MB. While we're still awaiting full patch notes, the list of noteworthy improvements can be found below:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest
The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
First this happened. when CDPR was asked about the unlimited money exploit in white orchard, where a player can kill the cows, sell their hides, meditate for two hours and repeat, they replied:

Nilfgaardian representatives are currently investigating the issue and exploring ideas to address the rapid influx of cow hides on the marketplace of White Orchard.

Sustained cow slaughter may influence local economy and job market by allowing an unnaturally fast accumulation of goods, and also produces an undesirable effect of breaking gamer immersion, Said Bobbe Malinka, Senior Scribe, Nilfgaard Press Department. All instances of poaching will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of Nilfgaardian law, so cow exploiters better be on the lookout. We don't want any beef, but we have zero tolerance for such behavior.

Now the latest patch introduces (spawns) a very high level monster when anyone tries to use this exploit. This monster is nearly impossible to kill for the low level players. And at high levels money is not a problem. A funny way to deal with an exploit.
After all CDPR has a good sense of humor.

Witcher 3 Fixes Money Exploit By Adding Cow Army

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Surprised to see i am getting a playable ~30 FPS on my old card.

IMG-20150526-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20150526-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20150526-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20150526-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20150526-WA0012.jpg

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Old enough to drink ?

In terms of desktop graphics technology, yes. I have an AMD HD7770 which was an entry level card 3 years back!

I am impressed by the work put in by the developers in optimizing the game.

On paper, it looks like Witcher 3 murders all but the topmost tiered hardware, but in reality, it is quite playable on a half-decent GPU.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
In terms of desktop graphics technology, yes. I have an AMD HD7770 which was an entry level card 3 years back!

I am impressed by the work put in by the developers in optimizing the game.

On paper, it looks like Witcher 3 murders all but the topmost tiered hardware, but in reality, it is quite playable on a half-decent GPU.

its true, it really gives entry-mid level GPU's a very hard time. ONLY if you choose to play Witcher 3 "the way its meant to be played" ... ;) geddit? GEDDIT?

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
its true, it really gives entry-mid level GPU's a very hard time. ONLY if you choose to play Witcher 3 "the way its meant to be played" ... ;) geddit? GEDDIT?

The way its meant to be played ™ - Buy out all technologies and monopolize because technology industry is a jungle. Kill your competition or get eaten yourself.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
The way its meant to be played ™ - Buy out all technologies and monopolize because technology industry is a jungle. Kill your competition or get eaten yourself.

On a serious note, witcher 3 is a GPU power hog and is capable of exhibiting marvels of stunning visuals and masterful graphical fidelity. The GW nvidia has driven behind this game is no joke. If you have enough juice to crank up all the details in the graphics and post processing tabs..you will be amazed. And at that point you will also see why it makes your card bent over.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
On a serious note, witcher 3 is a GPU power hog and is capable of exhibiting marvels of stunning visuals and masterful graphical fidelity. The GW nvidia has driven behind this game is no joke. If you have enough juice to crank up all the details in the graphics and post processing tabs..you will be amazed. And at that point you will also see why it makes your card bent over.
The witcher 3 is a graphical marvel on vanilla. I am just wondering what will happen once the mods come out? It will be a master piece. Sadly my card is now just sufficient for this beauty in all its glory. With mods it will not be able to handle it

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
The witcher 3 is a graphical marvel on vanilla. I am just wondering what will happen once the mods come out? It will be a master piece. Sadly my card is now just sufficient for this beauty in all its glory. With mods it will not be able to handle it

already out. check my post above. Yeah those are really out there in a hurry tho, when serious modders get their hands on and come-up with something like they did with WatchDogs or ICEnhancer...then it will be ultra-kill. But the question is..how beautiful can beautiful be?

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
already out. check my post above. Yeah those are really out there in a hurry tho, when serious modders get their hands on and come-up with something like they did with WatchDogs or ICEnhancer...then it will be ultra-kill. But the question is..how beautiful can beautiful be?
Probably e3 beautiful. I will try that mod. But not having high hopes

I have spent around 24 hrs playing this game, and it still feels like I have only touched the tip of the iceberg. I can't help but agree with the word around the net that this game is huge. Pretty ploughin' huge! I initially had a plan of finishing the previous prequels and had finished half way through The Witcher 1. But i instantly got sucked in, once I started the wild hunt. CdProject doesn't fail to lock you inside the game from the very first moments. And what better than a hot steamy scene of naked flesh to do so. Especially the curvy ones, if you know what i mean. ;)

As i stated previously, i was half way through TW1 and i am really astonished by how far the game has improved. Gameplay? Graphics? Story? You name it, the wild hunt has it. As most of you know, the combat system of TW1 was ploughin' weird. Had me going onions. You just had to click the mouse with perfect timing and watch Geralt do a dance of blades. No real loot, apart from the raven armour. This is worth mentioning. "Raven Armour" was probably the only epic loot from the first game. Apart from that crafting was useless (read annoying). I will be honest here. I had already finished TW1 once before. But the story was impressive. Then we have TW2. The second part has also been a major improvement over the 1st one. Direct x9 graphics, that made your eyes pop out of your head. And the combat system was changed to an actual hack and slash approach. Steel for humans and silver for monsters(duh?). You could craft an armour out of the monster carcass you just killed and more sleuthing and hidden epic loots. And the signs made more sense. In Tw1, the pitcher contracts were plain , bland, tasteless. Just go, killed this many monsters and come back for reward. Same was with witcher 2 as well. But i have to say, some of the side missions in the first and second games were really well written and were engrossing. But the contacts? Ewwww. Now lets talk about The Witcher 3. Everything is so much more. I mean really, it actually is so much MOAR! Ok, wait. Lemme take a breather here. It seems that my brain is having a tough time process the hugeness of this game. Ok. Lets begin.

(a qk note, i'm playing in blood and bones difficulty )Lets start with how my brother playing this game. Its begins with some missing person. And you later find out that the missing person is actually a monster. This babe loves this missing person. But Gerald decides to kill the monster, blah blah(read OMG). Trouble is, it wasn't so easy. Coz this monster kept regenerating his health and it was impossible to keep attacking him so fast. You drain half his life bar, and he would quickly regenerate it. He failed again and again coz he didn't look deep into the game mechanics. It wasn't as simple as the first two games. Because, the levelling system was tweaked. You could get the ability points every time you levelled up, but it wouldn't really activate unless you put it in the activation slot. And yes, this time there is activation slots. You had to think and activate the appropriate ability points to get the edge during the battle. Sound complicated and boring? But no, its actually quite the reverse. Its fun. Once you get the hang of it, you find out just how satisfying it is. This is where the game makes you feel like witcher. I won't go into too much details here, coz its a lot; i hope you got the idea. Just treat it as a run of the mill hack and slash. Slash, dodge, slash, repeat. Nah! No Way!

And this open world approach , imma give it a super like. Gimme that super like button please. :D You didn't need to w8 for side missions. Just go exploring the map and destroy monsters nest , get super awesome gear. Wait a moment? What is this letter? WTF Witcher Sam died here? Even left a map to his awesome gear? OMG! Mission start. "Uncle Sam's Gear". What the fart did just happen ?
Yes its exactly like that, and the satisfaction you get after you get the gear is too awesome. Its just wonders waiting to happen in the wild hunt. Some lame witcher contract turns out to be something else. Its like a ploughin' web of mission waiting to happen. And every mission feels like its been tailor made. So polished. Well it is a polish game,r8 ? :D Fingers hurt. I wrote enough, i hope. :D

ps: can't make paragraphs. WTF.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I have spent around 24 hrs playing this game, and it still feels like I have only touched the tip of the iceberg. I can't help but agree with the word around the net that this game is huge. Pretty ploughin' huge! I initially had a plan of finishing the previous prequels and had finished half way through The Witcher 1. But i instantly got sucked in, once I started the wild hunt. CdProject doesn't fail to lock you inside the game from the very first moments. And what better than a hot steamy scene of naked flesh to do so. Especially the curvy ones, if you know what i mean. ;)
As i stated previously, i was half way through TW1 and i am really astonished by how far the game has improved. Gameplay? Graphics? Story? You name it, the wild hunt has it. As most of you know, the combat system of TW1 was ploughin' weird. Had me going onions. You just had to click the mouse with perfect timing and watch Geralt do a dance of blades. No real loot, apart from the raven armour. This is worth mentioning. "Raven Armour" was probably the only epic loot from the first game. Apart from that crafting was useless (read annoying). I will be honest here. I had already finished TW1 once before. But the story was impressive. Then we have TW2. The second part has also been a major improvement over the 1st one. Direct x9 graphics, that made your eyes pop out of your head. And the combat system was changed to an actual hack and slash approach. Steel for humans and silver for monsters(duh?). You could craft an armour out of the monster carcass you just killed and more sleuthing and hidden epic loots. And the signs made more sense. In Tw1, the pitcher contracts were plain , bland, tasteless. Just go, killed this many monsters and come back for reward. Same was with witcher 2 as well. But i have to say, some of the side missions in the first and second games were really well written and were engrossing. But the contacts? Ewwww. Now lets talk about The Witcher 3. Everything is so much more. I mean really, it actually is so much MOAR! Ok, wait. Lemme take a breather here. It seems that my brain is having a tough time process the hugeness of this game. Ok. Lets begin.
(a qk note, i'm playing in blood and bones difficulty )Lets start with how my brother playing this game. Its begins with some missing person. And you later find out that the missing person is actually a monster. This babe loves this missing person. But Gerald decides to kill the monster, blah blah(read OMG). Trouble is, it wasn't so easy. Coz this monster kept regenerating his health and it was impossible to keep attacking him so fast. You drain half his life bar, and he would quickly regenerate it. He failed again and again coz he didn't look deep into the game mechanics. It wasn't as simple as the first two games. Because, the levelling system was tweaked. You could get the ability points every time you levelled up, but it wouldn't really activate unless you put it in the activation slot. And yes, this time there is activation slots. You had to think and activate the appropriate ability points to get the edge during the battle. Sound complicated and boring? But no, its actually quite the reverse. Its fun. Once you get the hang of it, you find out just how satisfying it is. This is where the game makes you feel like witcher. I won't go into too much details here, coz its a lot; i hope you got the idea. Just treat it as a run of the mill hack and slash. Slash, dodge, slash, repeat. Nah! No Way!
And this open world approach , imma give it a super like. Gimme that super like button please. :D You didn't need to w8 for side missions. Just go exploring the map and destroy monsters nest , get super awesome gear. Wait a moment? What is this letter? WTF Witcher Sam died here? Even left a map to his awesome gear? OMG! Mission start. "Uncle Sam's Gear". What the fart did just happen ?
Yes its exactly like that, and the satisfaction you get after you get the gear is too awesome. Its just wonders waiting to happen in the wild hunt. Some lame witcher contract turns out to be something else. Its like a ploughin' web of mission waiting to happen. And every mission feels like its been tailor made. So polished. Well it is a polish game,r8 ? :D Fingers hurt. I wrote enough, i hope. :D
use some indentations mate :D

Top Bottom