The Witcher 3

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Completed the game. Level 36 at the end of the game. Great game overall.Feeling sad that the game is over,oh well i'll wait for the expansion packs. Now time to finish the things which i haven't done.
9/10 (fu bugs)..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am using GOG download but I want to know how much % have I played until now? Please is there any MOD or any other way to know how much % I completed until now?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
so, there is no in-game stats ?

I guess FarCry is better in game stats :-D
All that is secondary and optional don't you think? What more to ask for than just immerse yourself in the story and finish it like a story, instead of constantly checking your completion percentage?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Witcher Series as RPG sum-up

-Quen, Doge, story, attack, quen, doge, igni, sex, story, graphics, triss, story, dragon.

The execution story is awesome as well as the visuals.

No-offense to witcher lovers ( that includes me big-time)

gameplay is same-old repetitive combat, the lack of spells is discernible now, since DA:I has made quite an impact there.

Horrible Inventory -- nothing interesting...really, all swords and armors look almost the same. I have seen people with those Adidas Ursine armors and Blade school sets. Boooooring.

Amateur Crafting ---School Grade, Too much material hunt, less skill and specialization. Should have been made more matured and elaborate by now.

Skills and feats ( and their purpose )! -- Totally missing, Once a witcher, always a witcher, it cant change or grow from that to some Archmage Witcher of the Dark Circle, or the Blademaster Guild's Swordplayer Witcher.

And i will tell you guys about the horse...just you wait.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Witcher Series as RPG sum-up

-Quen, Doge, story, attack, quen, doge, igni, sex, story, graphics, triss, story, dragon.

The execution story is awesome as well as the visuals.

No-offense to witcher lovers ( that includes me big-time)

gameplay is same-old repetitive combat, the lack of spells is discernible now, since DA:I has made quite an impact there.

Horrible Inventory -- nothing interesting...really, all swords and armors look almost the same. I have seen people with those Adidas Ursine armors and Blade school sets. Boooooring.

Amateur Crafting ---School Grade, Too much material hunt, less skill and specialization. Should have been made more matured and elaborate by now.

Skills and feats ( and their purpose )! -- Totally missing, Once a witcher, always a witcher, it cant change or grow from that to some Archmage Witcher of the Dark Circle, or the Blademaster Guild's Swordplayer Witcher.

And i will tell you guys about the horse...just you wait.
Try to respect the lore. It known very well that this is not the kind of RPG that allows you to do anything you want to like skyrim for example. For the points that you put forward, every single bit is easily debatable. Don't make me put down names of other great RPGs of their time that do far less and yet are applauded for not having similar successful sequels. Appreciate it for what it is and for it sticking to its roots. Now how would it be if they created a game of thrones game with no dragons?

And quen,dodge,igni etc.?

That's the way a witcher fights. Would you ever see sachin bat left handed or with his feet for that matter? Yet did you tire watching him do the same shots for 20 years?

So what is this I hear from you then?

Skills and feats, well they don't want you to grind for 100s of hours in the process to raise you character level to 100. There were so many good games that I gave up just for this reason- after a point grinding is just meaningless. So why keep it at all?

Granted tw series is far from the perfect RPG, as that title is impossible. But it sure does what it is meant to do very well!

Withers are not meant to extensively use spells. So obviously you can't make geralt learn a meteorite shower spell for the fun of it. That's against the lore. Play lichdom if you want that

What I think is that base of your discussion lies in the fact that you find parts of the witcher lore as boring maybe? Can't blame the game for it.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
All that is secondary and optional don't you think? What more to ask for than just immerse yourself in the story and finish it like a story, instead of constantly checking your completion percentage?

So that we can complete the story every bit of it... to the lat bit.... What do you say buddy?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
So that we can complete the story every bit of it... to the lat bit.... What do you say buddy?
I know what you mean. Well for me its just explore entire map and have your quest log empty. Now world this big, its possible you miss a tiny quest. Now what I think cdpr tried to do is that they don't want to demoralize you by saying 99% and you missed some quest. Hence you only have a pseudo notion of the completion. But on the contrary when you play a second time and come across this new quest and you are like, ow I missed this, wonder what else I missed. And that just increases the replayability by so much. Just my 1 cent to the matter.

It actually happened to me in the game, I was travelling early game and I came across this shack where bandits were burning someone down, they were 10 levels above me and I just couldn't beat them. So I thought I will come back later and quest was gone. In a different play through I never came across those bandits till date at all!

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Try to respect the lore. It known very well that this is not the kind of RPG that allows you to do anything you want to like skyrim for example. For the points that you put forward, every single bit is easily debatable. Don't make me put down names of other great RPGs of their time that do far less and yet are applauded for not having similar successful sequels. Appreciate it for what it is and for it sticking to its roots. Now how would it be if they created a game of thrones game with no dragons?

And quen,dodge,igni etc.?

That's the way a witcher fights. Would you ever see sachin bat left handed or with his feet for that matter? Yet did you tire watching him do the same shots for 20 years?

So what is this I hear from you then?

Skills and feats, well they don't want you to grind for 100s of hours in the process to raise you character level to 100. There were so many good games that I gave up just for this reason- after a point grinding is just meaningless. So why keep it at all?

Granted tw series is far from the perfect RPG, as that title is impossible. But it sure does what it is meant to do very well!

Withers are not meant to extensively use spells. So obviously you can't make geralt learn a meteorite shower spell for the fun of it. That's against the lore. Play lichdom if you want that

What I think is that base of your discussion lies in the fact that you find parts of the witcher lore as boring maybe? Can't blame the game for it.

Very well put, man. In fact, the "lack" of abilities is what attracted me, an RPG hater, to this series. It's all about the brilliant storytelling, characters, dialogues and sexytimes! According to the books, Witchers are primarily swordsmen with some basic magical abilities and the games are true to that.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I live the fact that the game does not require grinding. Hack and slash, igni and quen. As likely read in a review, I won't be looking at RPGs same again. Brilliant storytelling. No fetch these amount of monster claws, but a different approach

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Am I the only one here who doesn't use Quen much? The only times I use it are against powerful monsters or when I'm running low on health. Axii, Aard and Igni are much more fun to use imo.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Am I the only one here who doesn't use Quen much? The only times I use it are against powerful monsters or when I'm running low on health. Axii, Aard and Igni are much more fun to use imo.
Ya me too. I only use it against monsters that need it. Like wraiths etc. Bestiary is very well made this time around. And boy have they fixed alchemy this time. The alchemy tree is prolly the best for the hardest difficulty!

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
What?? I have not invested in alchemy at all. I have unspent skill points. Will use them. The arrow deflection is beautiful in this game

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
What?? I have not invested in alchemy at all. I have unspent skill points. Will use them. The arrow deflection is beautiful in this game
Small example in alchemy, you can drink up to 3 decoctions and two more potions. Each decoction gives you a health boost of 1000 so 3000 total and you get continuous health and stamina regen as you base potion times go up to many minutes. Combine signs axii and igni and you will find death march to be easy

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Small example in alchemy, you can drink up to 3 decoctions and two more potions. Each decoction gives you a health boost of 1000 so 3000 total and you get continuous health and stamina regen as you base potion times go up to many minutes. Combine signs axii and igni and you will find death march to be easy
Not drank a single decoctions.
Am not drunk

How do you drink 3 decoctions? Is there a skill in the tree that allows you to do so. Anyways, i have made every decoction that i have found. Really useful ones are the nekker warrior, grave hag, and griffin decoction. The game is too easy on second hardest difficulty once you master the basics. Time to revv it up. :p