The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

SMS messages are stored in cloud along with your email id, and it'll be retrieved in your new phone as soon as you setting up your account.

WhatsApp messages/backups are stored in their servers against the phone number I guess.

Lumia 930 will be released in Thailand on 9th July, Vietnam 10th of July. Its said that india has been left behind, they are rather stressing low end crap like 630 for indian customers

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Have you tried "Transfer my data" from Windows phone, after connecting to Android?
I had transferred contacts from my old sony ericsson fone to 520 using Transfer my data.
Now I'm planning to get Moto E for Dual sim & slightly better battery till something better from Lumia arrives.

I'll sync my contacts to Google for contacts but i doubt about the SMSes :( How do I take a back up of Messages??

Flash

Lost in speed

I had transferred contacts from my old sony ericsson fone to 520 using Transfer my data.
Now I'm planning to get Moto E for Dual sim & slightly better battery till something better from Lumia arrives.

I'll sync my contacts to Google for contacts but i doubt about the SMSes :( How do I take a back up of Messages??
It should transfer SMS's too.

Transfer Contacts and SMS from WP 7.x, Android and iPhone to Windows Phone 8

hari1

In the zone

I am going to buy a new phone and considering a WP. If anybody is using a WP 8.1 then please tell me if these tasks work in it or these are still the limitations.

1. Can you download and upload *any* kind of file (ie. exe, zip, pdf, rar, docx, 7z etc) to internal or external memory through any web browser? Can you transfer these files to PC?
2. Same question as above using OneDrive app.
3. Download torrents to SD card and then open the downloaded files in other apps.(eg. opening videos downloaded from torrents in the video player)
4. Uploading files downloaded from torrents to OneDrive, IE Mobile etc. and transferring them to PC.
5. If I have several tabs open in IE or any other web browser (eg. UC), and I go to start screen and use another app and then switch to browser again, do all the tabs refresh again or they load as is?
6. How many times do you see the "Loading" screen when launching apps on phones with 512MB RAM and with 1GB RAM. Is this problem significant enough to to get Lumia 525 instead of the cheaper Lumia 520?
7. Opening zip, rar, 7z etc. files downloaded from any source (browser, email etc.) and extracting them.
8. Creating compressed archives

Shadowfax

EdUcAtIoN vIcTiM

Hello everyone,

My 620 is behaving oddly. Since few months, I am facing this strange issue. Whenever I get a call and I take out my phone from the pocket, the touch response is gone. I cannot slide and receive call. Actually I cannot do anything. I then have to press the lock/unlock button to have the touch function back on work. But I'd like to why the problem occurred? It could be because of hardware, or software? To add to the problem, I once dropped my phone and broke the lock/unlock button. So now I rely on double tap for everything. And this is getting frustrating. I will go to Nokia care this week though. Trying to understand.

Has anyone else experienced similar issue? I am on Black update. Will be helpful in understanding the problem.

Regards

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

I am going to buy a new phone and considering a WP. If anybody is using a WP 8.1 then please tell me if these tasks work in it or these are still the limitations.

1. Can you download and upload *any* kind of file (ie. exe, zip, pdf, rar, docx, 7z etc) to internal or external memory through any web browser? Can you transfer these files to PC?

you can download any kind of file. I use UC browser and latest version asks me whether to download on sd card or internal memory. choose sd card. there are file managers where you can browse through your downloaded files. you can browse the downloaded files from UC itself.

2. Same question as above using OneDrive app.

you must be able to upload any type of files. tried zip. did not try 7z/rar. you can open uploaded files too.

3. Download torrents to SD card and then open the downloaded files in other apps.(eg. opening videos downloaded from torrents in the video player)

with new api, torrex pro and wptorrent is able to download torrents to sd card. you can browse the downloaded files. i am not sure about background downloading.

4. Uploading files downloaded from torrents to OneDrive, IE Mobile etc. and transferring them to PC.
you can upload to one drive(wptorrent. Not sure of other.) you can manually transfer. i doubt that with internal memory, but with external , there shouldn't be any problem.

5. If I have several tabs open in IE or any other web browser (eg. UC), and I go to start screen and use another app and then switch to browser again, do all the tabs refresh again or they load as is?
UC can open a maximum of 9 tabs. usually refreshing does not happen. but when you return after a long time, then possibly yes.i don't know about 1 gb ram devices, but my lumia 512 does. with IE, it refreshes quite often,.UC even supports downloading when the screen is locked in newer updates.
6. How many times do you see the "Loading" screen when launching apps on phones with 512MB RAM and with 1GB RAM. Is this problem significant enough to to get Lumia 525 instead of the cheaper Lumia 520?
no idea. isn't this app dependent?
7. Opening zip, rar, 7z etc. files downloaded from any source (browser, email etc.) and extracting them.
8. Creating compressed archives

zip files can be opened without any 3rd party apps. for rar or 7z, you can use archiver / 8 zip. you can extract or create archives using these apps.

akii17kr

Journeyman

you can download any kind of file. I use UC browser and latest version asks me whether to download on sd card or internal memory. choose sd card. there are file managers where you can browse through your downloaded files. you can browse the downloaded files from UC itself

you must be able to upload any type of files. tried zip. did not try 7z/rar. you can open uploaded files too.

with new api, torrex pro and wptorrent is able to download torrents to sd card. you can browse the downloaded files. i am not sure about background downloading.

you can upload to one drive(wptorrent. Not sure of other.) you can manually transfer. i doubt that with internal memory, but with external , there shouldn't be any problem.

UC can open a maximum of 9 tabs. usually refreshing does not happen. but when you return after a long time, then possibly yes.i don't know about 1 gb ram devices, but my lumia 512 does. with IE, it refreshes quite often,.UC even supports downloading when the screen is locked in newer updates.
no idea. isn't this app dependent?

zip files can be opened without any 3rd party apps. for rar or 7z, you can use archiver / 8 zip. you can extract or create archives using these apps.

Could you please try downloading torrents in background and find the downloaded files using any file manager other than the one built into the app?

Flash

Lost in speed

Can you downloading torrents in background and find the downloaded files using any file manager other than the one built into the app?
Files explores every folder in SD/phone except System folders. There are also numerous 3rd party apps for file managers.

akii17kr

Journeyman

Files explores every folder in SD/phone except System folders. There are also numerous 3rd party apps for file managers.

I read on the internet that if you use the GetThemAll downloader to download files, those files are not accessible from the "Files" app. I just wanted to know whether the same thing happens with torrents.

Flash

Lost in speed

I read on the internet that if you use the GetThemAll downloader to download files, those files are not accessible from the "Files" app. I just wanted to know whether the same thing happens with torrents.

Check this comment.

Files&Folders Pro heads to Windows Phone to become another universal app | Windows Phone Central

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Whats this bitlocker issue with the cyan update ... for people using dev preview?
Did any 925 or 625 users update to Cyan from dev preview here.... did you'll face any issues?

Flash

Lost in speed

Any 1350 users got update?
You can check it here for INDIA.

Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia

- - - Updated - - -

People running Dev preview are screwed! :-x

Microsoft: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developer users should return to normal software before Lumia Cyan | Windows Phone Central

Any further news on 930 in indian market? Its available in Thailand, Vietnam, Phillipines, Singapore and now Quawait.

Top Bottom