The Windows Mobile Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Blame Whatsapp. Apparently a new version is coming with very good battery performance, but it was supposed to be available a week ago :/

Whatsapp is battery sucker? :shock:
Should I remove that from my dad's Lumia 510? Since battery don't last even 2 days. Although Wifi could also be the problem. (?).

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Whatsapp is battery sucker? :shock:
Should I remove that from my dad's Lumia 510? Since battery don't last even 2 days. Although Wifi could also be the problem. (?).

Yeah, whatsapp is a major battery sucker on WP.
WhatsApp Battery drain - what exactly is causing it? - Windows Phone Central Forums

No, not wifi. Wifi + moderate usage on my phone drains at ~4% per hour if the screen on time is approx 5 min/hour. Data drains battery faster than wifi.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

Yeah, whatsapp is a major battery sucker on WP.
WhatsApp Battery drain - what exactly is causing it? - Windows Phone Central Forums

No, not wifi. Wifi + moderate usage on my phone drains at ~4% per hour if the screen on time is approx 5 min/hour. Data drains battery faster than wifi.

My drainage is somewhat around 7-8...

Actually it is 16.5 while using whatsapp on 3G..:(

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

My drainage is somewhat around 7-8...

Actually it is 16.5 while using whatsapp on 3G..:(

One tip is to exit whatapp by pressing the back button instead of suspend it via the windows button. I am not sure, but it might help if you are desperate to use whatsapp. Also if your messaging is largely text, use the 2G mode. 3G is a universal battery eater, not just on WP.

7-8% under what usage pattern?

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

Normal 3G.. Gives about 1 day and 10 hours with data packet off..

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Yeah, thats pretty much normal. I try to not use data at all just wifi. Even if I have to, I prefer 2G unless there is a serious need for some bulk transfer.

Normal 3G.. Gives about 1 day and 10 hours with data packet off..

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Lumia 520 - 8.5k

Lumia 620 - 12k

Lumia 720 - 15.5k

Nokia Lumia 520, 620, 720 now available on discounts in Flipkart | The Technology Channel

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Lumia 520 @ 8.5k is a steal....

And I bought Lumia 510 520 at 9900/- last week. (Partly because I needed it urgently on father's day. :p)

Anyway, Temple Run now available on Windows phones.
Temple Run | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

Not good. Addiction. Not good at all! :|

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

You got Lumia 510 or 520?

Temple run was available previously also rite?

Typo Fixed. It's 520.
And temple run on 520 runs smooth. But misses out on some swipes to jump, causing the runner to die. Which making me angry. :cry:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Typo Fixed. It's 520.
And temple run on 520 runs smooth. But misses out on some swipes to jump, causing the runner to die. Which making me angry. :cry:

Are you sure that its missing out on some swipes or you are swiping when the player is too close to the edge.

I have played it and found that it doesnt miss any swipe, just doesnt let you jump if too late or too close to the edge.

Flash

Lost in speed

No it wasnt.. Not on WP8 afaik..
It was there already, but for 1GB version. And then, came for all - but not to India. Now, its for 512 MB devices and also for India.. :cool:
I've to delete a game in order to install this! Bloody "Other storage"!!

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Tapatalk for Windows Phone now available for 2.99 USD

Source

Nokia EOS to be called the Lumia 1020.

Source

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

This is what link says
evleaks yesterday tweeted “EOS = Nokia Lumia 1020”. It’s a simple Tweet. If It were to be believed the upcoming Nokia EOS will be called the Lumia 1020. For those who don’t know what Nokia EOS is, It’s the company’s upcoming flagship smartphone that is going to have a 41-MP rear camera.

Untitled.jpg

Pic attached

Flash

Lost in speed

^ Thanks for the clip and text. :)
If it comes, it's going to be the "Mad titan" of both worlds (Mobile & photography).

Top Bottom