The Virtual Reality Thread (Occulus Rift ,Google Cardboard,Gear VR etc)

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Got Dreamviewer today. Cant wait to test :D
How is it :p

Some thinings I noticed:
HD screen is OK ,but full HD would be better.People at reddit says 2k HD would be ideal ,as gear VR is compatible with note 4 ,which will give a better experience.
The magnetic input is not fully compatible with all phones as the magnetometer is placed at different places in different phones.There should be custom joysticks for carboards other than moga etc.
Some apps are buggy.
I find it hard to take out the phone everytime I want to open an app ,the taovisor app.is not polished.
It would be nice view movies ,lying in the bed ,there need to be some app to change the gryro /sensors with the change in positions or we can.manually adjust it.
Need more games that support joysticks ,currently Shadowgun vr is the only one ,afaik.
There is vrpron :D
Using larger lenses will give larger FOV.

$hadow

Geek in making
The reason that sammy introduced a new VR for S6 was solely because of the qhd display it is using.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Boxight has sent me a new kit without asking ,check your mail ,I think they sent to all of who ordered the first batch.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Hmm.. I have played most vr games .There should be more games like Shadowgun VR.
I think sam _7388 is not impressed with cardboard ;)

amjath

Human Spambot
Me too received. It was a surprise for me. Excellent quality and easy to install. Received it with head band. Lens seems to be issue, will report back after checking

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Quality improved a lot but it still required few minor adjustments. Headband is able to hold it with phone but the velcro strips keep coming off from the cardboard. Maybe the glue isn't strong enough. I'll try using fevi-quick on it.

Last edited:

Phoenix117

Broken In
Guys,anyone with this tech?
How does it feel? Do you get somewhat immersive experience or it is Not worth it?
Plus
How Big the display looks

I am asking coz i am ordering a plastic oculus rift styled version and i plan to stream games to iphone 6+ and play using it

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I don't think you can use it that way. I mean sure you can play VR games made for google cardboard (there a list somewhere in this thread) but there is no app AFAIK which can stream a PC game into your phone for VR experience.

Phoenix117

Broken In
I don't think you can use it that way. I mean sure you can play VR games made for google cardboard (there a list somewhere in this thread) but there is no app AFAIK which can stream a PC game into your phone for VR experience.

How does google cardboard Vr games feel?
Can you get even little immersion or feel of entering the game?
Or atleast how is image displayed?

As for streaming pc games there is a app called trinus vr or something.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl

There is one.trinus gyre

- - - Updated - - -

[YOUTUBE]*m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ1x3u79qBg[/YOUTUBE]

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I rarely use it now, seems the honeymoon period is over :/
Still good for a new experience.Here is a kit for 100 rupees
Desi Cardboard Version 1.0 | Desi Cardboard

Top Bottom