The Upgrade bug is back

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Are you referring to this one?

Antec Bloody Tiger A20 Cooler - Antec : Flipkart.com

Seems a bit overkill for a non OC Proccy :S

yes. it should be around rs 700 locally. it definitely is not an overkill if you wish to fully use your cpu!

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Hmm OK. Will Buy that one. Also finalized on the Gigabyte G1. SNIPER B5. So Finally its

i5 4570 + Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 + A20 = 19000 Total.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Well it had all I need and also the looks. H97 ones are 1.5k and up than this one and I didn't find anything specific drawback.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Got the i5 4570 and Sniper Mobo yesterday. Ended up keeping my existing Hyper 212 EVO as cooler as it fitted fine on 1150 Socket somehow.

This CPU runs significantly cooler than Phenom II(Stock). Idle Temp was like 32 Deg.

CPU score boosted by 0.4 making it to 7.8 in Windows Experience index.

Green LEDs of the Motherboard looks cool :D

Thanks for the help guys. Next up is the GFX Card but maybe in next month or so. :)

Got the i5 4570 and Sniper Mobo yesterday. Ended up keeping my existing Hyper 212 EVO as cooler as it fitted fine on 1150 Socket somehow.

This CPU runs significantly cooler than Phenom II(Stock). Idle Temp was like 32 Deg.

CPU score boosted by 0.4 making it to 7.8 in Windows Experience index.

Green LEDs of the Motherboard looks cool :D

Thanks for the help guys. Next up is the GFX Card but maybe in next month or so. :)

How about upgrading to Windows 8.1?

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Is it going to gain me anything which Win 7 cant? Don't know much about Win 8. All games I play are running smooth on Win 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont want to open a new thread for one question hence asking here.

As you can see in my Sig I got 2x2 GB Ram. I have 4 Slots in the Mobo.

Is it OK to add another 2 GB Ram Module in the mix. So it will be 2x2x2.

Is it going to gain me anything which Win 7 cant? Don't know much about Win 8. All games I play are running smooth on Win 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont want to open a new thread for one question hence asking here.

As you can see in my Sig I got 2x2 GB Ram. I have 4 Slots in the Mobo.

Is it OK to add another 2 GB Ram Module in the mix. So it will be 2x2x2.

> Windows 8 is much faster than Windows 8. Games run a bit better too, though the effect is not visible in all games. The OS in general is quite faster then Windows 7.

> No problem with using another 2 GB RAM stick as long as the frequency and timing of new module matches that of old one.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get 4gb if possible if price difference is not much. you will loose the dual channel capability though.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
8 GB will benefit more or 4 GB in dual Channel? :-?

Btw [MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION] - Does it justify the 10K Upgrade Cost :D

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Guys I am thinking about getting this Card from US.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202099

Brother is coming back in Nov so he will carry it with him. Hopefully by that time its price will further cut down.

Question 1: Is it a worth upgrade from my GTX 560Ti?
Question 2: Will the warranty be valid?
Question 3: Any better deals I can get from Newegg?

I am going to buy an AMD card only. Been on nVidia wagon for a long time and want to try AMD out.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Hello Guys,

The recurring Bug Infection is back. This time after 4 Years :D

Planning to Change the CPU, Mobo, Ram & Cabinet. Rest of the parts I will keep. Current Config is in Sig. I am selling the old parts locally.

Please suggest parts - Budget 30K

1. CPU
2. Mobo
3. Ram
4. Cabinet

Please note that I use PC for Light Gaming and Stuff and Current Stuff works fine....I just upgrade every 3-4 Years to keep system up to date for no reason :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hello Guys,

The recurring Bug Infection is back. This time after 4 Years :D

Planning to Change the CPU, Mobo, Ram & Cabinet. Rest of the parts I will keep. Current Config is in Sig. I am selling the old parts locally.

Please suggest parts - Budget 30K

1. CPU
2. Mobo
3. Ram
4. Cabinet

Please note that I use PC for Light Gaming and Stuff and Current Stuff works fine....I just upgrade every 3-4 Years to keep system up to date for no reason :)
Don't "upgrade". Wait till intel fixes their 10nm process issues.

Top Bottom