The Truth Behind Apple's iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ No Wifi in my house or his :(

And another Thing is.. The GFX processor is embedded in the Apple A4. Considering the size of the chip and amount of ventilation it is having, I am sure that a Eye candy Game will be frying Ipad.

And another thingy.. No need to banish yourself from this thread.. It is the responsbility of you to correct us if we are telling something wrong('IF WE' :D ).

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^ No Wifi in my house or his :(

And another Thing is.. The GFX processor is embedded in the Apple A4. Considering the size of the chip and amount of ventilation it is having, I am sure that a Eye candy Game will be frying Ipad.

And another thingy.. No need to banish yourself from this thread.. It is the responsbility of you to correct us if we are telling something wrong('IF WE' :D ).
Noooo Ofcourse it might get hotter,but I don't think it would fry iPad :grin:,
even iPod touch gets hot if you play any eye candy game for a few hours,Mine's running good even after a year of extensive use,almost round the clock by me and my bro,still no sign of frying ;-), Considering that, No need to worry about frying :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Soory to say that Ipod Touch uses PowerVR MBX Lite, PowerVR SGX depending on the model. But there is no dedicated GFX solution for Ipad. That is what I am concerned about.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Soory to say that Ipod Touch uses PowerVR MBX Lite, PowerVR SGX depending on the model. But there is no dedicated GFX solution for Ipad. That is what I am concerned about.
I was talking about the ventilation on both devices and regarding the GPU on A4,it's integrated into it just like Qualcomm's Snapdragon and Nvidia Tegra2, So...... are all devices that run on a snapdragon or tegra would fry toooooo??????

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
SanpDragon is majorly used for small scale devices like..Nexus One, HD2, etc... and not for tablets which will be running on 1024*768 Resolution with a multi touch screen. :)

When it comes to Tegra, It is far more superior chip to A4. As the Display Subsystem in Tegra is simply Superb.

So, what I am telling is, The major Drawback of Ipad will be it's processor itself. It could have been a great thing if they have included a dedicated graphics solution. :)

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
^^^^ Dude you are doing assumptions after assumptions.. Nice.. but I guess Steve Jobs has done his homework so cool down. :)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for bumping this thread,Now that iPad is released and the sales figures are out, wanted to see what happened to predictions/perceptions etc etc :))

1Million iPads sold in less than a month of release
*www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-...mona-lisa-as-global-sales-start-update2-.html

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

SanpDragon is majorly used for small scale devices like..Nexus One, HD2, etc... and not for tablets which will be running on 1024*768 Resolution with a multi touch screen. :)

When it comes to Tegra, It is far more superior chip to A4. As the Display Subsystem in Tegra is simply Superb.

So, what I am telling is, The major Drawback of Ipad will be it's processor itself. It could have been a great thing if they have included a dedicated graphics solution. :)
vamsi I think your predictions have been cleared now.

iPad does have a GPU, the PowerVR SGX535 and snapdragons, hummingbird are not just for small scale devices, these processors have much more capability that we expected. Most of them are even capable of handling 1080P videos

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
related stuff
*walyou.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/apple-iboard-imat-design-gadget.jpg

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well Jobs Mood just got a major setback over the iPad. heres the news:

Apple's Steve Jobs might have found that Big Media does not like being told what to do. Steve issued a few orders to the big content companies to toe the line on his plan to shut down Abobe's Flash.

However according to Apple Insider rather than do what they were told, the Media Companies have told him to sod off. Apparently they don't want to waste money converting their vast multimedia libraries from Adobe's Flash just to make Jobs happy. Time Warner and NBC Universal, told Apple they won't retool their extensive video libraries to accommodate the iPad. They apparently have come up with the logic that such a reformatting would be expensive and not worth it because Flash dominates the Web.

To make matters worse for Jobs they appear not to be too bothered about using his iPad toy. They are betting on a new fleet of iPad-like devices promised by Dell and HP, which they expect will run Flash and therefore not require any changes to their existing libraries of web content. Google TV, which is expected to promote Flash as a media distribution technology, although not to mobile users.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
A friend of mine returned from US recently and brought along an iPad. Used for a few mins. Played Shift. Gaming is good on it. Surfed the web on it, surfing is nice too. Also used an app called Pianola and had fun...

But then the iPod Touch can also do this lol. Plus the fact that it can't multi-task without jailbreaking is a big meh.

TBH, I had rather pay 20k and get a decent netbook rather than waste 40k (what my friend paid for it in the US) on this. In 40k, I can get a netbook + iPod Touch and it will be nearly the same :|.

I mean I don't wanna argue with all the Apple guys around here. You can count me illiterate and ignore my posts.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Edit :- the lack of Flash in the browser is also a big -ve point.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
haha it would be AWESOME if Google pushes WebM in such a manner that it becomes successor of Flash such that Apple's backing up of H.264 goes down the water and Jobs ends up with egg on his face. :D
No Flash. No HTML video. iPad boo hoo :))
Google, Please let this happen ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom