The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi Guys,

My lappy's charger gave out in a recent power surge and was looking on the internet for a good replacement charger. Can anyone please help me with some good suggestions of any reputable brands charger?

One charger i found on ebay is this one

NEW Replacement 19V 4 74A 90W Power Adapter FOR Samsung NP550P5C S05IN | eBay

Laptop is out of warranty and so cannot request for a replacment. i will also try contacting samsung service center to see if they sell replacements. if any of you guys is using any other charger that you can recomment it would be very helpful.

I am literally dying without my lappy :-(:cryeyesout:
I had to get one for myself from Service center for like 2.5k.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Finally after 2.5 years, the laptop's subwoofer started giving cracking sound. Anybody faced the same ??
I feel its hardware issue.. service center folks saying they have to replace the entire speakers.. is it so or is it possible to only replace the subwoofer part?
Yeah. Same problem I am facing. Will go service center once I have the money. So do tell me what you did about your problem and how much it cost you, please

I fell down from bicycle with my Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN and from that time the computer is not booting. It is not even showing any LEDs when i press the power button. I tried everything I could like plugging in charger without battery, battery without charger. Even tried switching RAM etc. I know a bit about computer repair and opened the laptop and checked all the components. Nothing seem to be broken or loose contacted.

So it seems the problem is with mother board. i am out of warranty and bit tight in cash (I am studying in Europe now). I was looking for aftermarket spares of the motherboard. These are for samsung NP550P5C-S02XX where XX is another country code like US UK AU etc. Do you know whether these will fit the IN specification. Also can someone tell me what is the model code of the laptop motherboard. is it MCLAREN BA92-10608A ?

anaklusmos

Youngling
Hi, I broke the screen on my NP550P5C laptop, it fell from my hand onto the floor. The screen is working( currently writing this from the laptop itself), but it has cracks all over, with a big black areas along the bigger cracks. Any idea on how much the repairs will cost?

Hi, I broke the screen on my NP550P5C laptop, it fell from my hand onto the floor. The screen is working( currently writing this from the laptop itself), but it has cracks all over, with a big black areas along the bigger cracks. Any idea on how much the repairs will cost?

My friend who owns S02 model is going to change his laptop's screen, service centre guys quoted a price of 7.5k

anaklusmos

Youngling
Got the screen repaired, not through the service centre though, some guy i know who does repairs. Costed 6k.
Now I have a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD lying around, and I though why not put it in the laptop. So the question is, what caddy size should i be looking at? 9mm on or 12mm? I could not find a definitive answer on the net.

anaklusmos

Youngling
Please help, my laptop is not turning on. I disassembled it to install the ssd, then I thought why not clean it out, and replace the thermal paste since it was getting pretty hot. So I followed a YouTube video, and I was surprised how easy it was to open this laptop up compared to others I've seen. But now when I put it back together, powering on just turns on the power indicator LED, but nothing shows up on the screen, I connected to an external monitor also, still no display. The hdd led turns on for a second or two just after powering on, and the cooling fan spins for a few seconds just after powering on, then stops

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@anaklusmos Did you find the solution? I have no idea how to fix it. I am seeing few results on google. Did you try them all? if its still not working then create a separate thread cause no one checks this thread anymore.

anaklusmos

Youngling
@anaklusmos Did you find the solution? I have no idea how to fix it. I am seeing few results on google. Did you try them all? if its still not working then create a separate thread cause no one checks this thread anymore.
Nope, I tried everything within my power to no avail.
Finally sent it to a computer repair guy who does some work for my dad's firm, let's see what he can do.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Small update, the cost to change the keyboard in NP550P5C-S01IN is Rs5550+tax+service charge.

What the hell. I can buy a desktop gaming keyboard for that cost.

In future I will use my laptop outside home too, so I can't carry a desktop size USB keyboard in the bag. Any suggestion(with link) for the problem??

marcustune

Right off the assembly line
Hi,guys,
I posted here long before, but i was following this thread.
I need to post here as i made a huge upgrade to my laptop and i need to share

You guys know our laptop is good but not perfect,the area that was annoying me was the screen,some you guys may disagree but thats my opinion. That display is one of the worst,i mean i've seen many screens and this has worst of everything contrast,pathetic black levels,brightness,colors you tell me everything was bad.You can the notebookcheck review of the same.Our's comes with a 1600*900 ltn156kt06-801 display.

Now i wanted to upgrade to a 1080p screen and after a long research:)...i found out, for that you need a compatible lvds cable and one from NP550P7C,the 17inch version can handle 1080p and mind you rest of the specs were same.

AUO B156HW01 V.4 was the favourite.its a TN panel that came with xps15 l501x.......and then i came to know of IPS screens from LG which also have 40pin....one of the sceen from that series is sony vaio s15..

Now i dont know if anyone tried IPS in place of a TN even in notebookreview forum,i posted there also.....they speak good of B156HW01 V.4 but its viewing angles are still TN....for me that's a NO.....

so........i tried my luck and i bought one and the cable..HUGE RISK.......BUT
............ IT WORKEDDDDDDDD.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ITS AWESOMEEEEE.....DIFFERENCE IS DAY AND NIGHT......

I used a LP156WF4 SLB5 IPS,the best of that series,which i found out after reading a good amount of notebookcheck reviews....ITS PURE AWESOME AND I LOVE IT.........
comparison of specs i collected from notebookcheck..
NEW PANEL(ips) STOCK(tn)
Maximum(brightness): 316 cd / m² 202 cd / m²
Average(bright) : 295.6 cd / m² 184.8 cd / m²
Illumination : 90% 83%
Black (lowest better) : 00:33 cd / m² 1:3 cd / m²
Contrast : 930: 1 142: 1
.it was my experiment and there was a huge risk involved......
Here's some photos took with my s3,but the pics dont show even half justice regarding the quality..i'll post more photos if i get hold of my brothers canon t4i.......PS:I hvent put the bezel around the screen in these images...

View attachment 14836View attachment 14837View attachment 14838View attachment 14839View attachment 14840

Wow, what a great upgrade! I'm wondering if I could do a similar upgrade. I've got the 550p7c S04PL, which is basically the same in spec except that it has a dual core intel i5, not an i7. And it's 17.3" screen.
Do you think an i5 would cope with running 1080p? The stock display is 1600x900.
Unfortunately I can't find a 17.3" 40 pin version of the LG screen, they're all 30 pin. The only one I can find is a B173HW01 V4 1080p display, which I think is TN, not IPS. I think mine has the right LVDS 40 pin cable already.
Any info you could give me would be great, or if you know of a good website that's useful? Or advice on finding a 40 pin IPS display.
Many thanks

Samsung NP550P7C S04PL - Intel i5 3210M Dual core - 8GB RAM - 1TB HDD 5200 - KINGSTON 256SSD - NVIDIA GT650 2GB -17" 1600x900 display

Douglas Diniz Landim

Right off the assembly line
My laptop is the NP550p5C with original resolution of 1366 * 768.
So I bought this screen at laptopscreen.com
LCD Screen 15.6-inch WideScreen (13.6 "x7.6") WXGA ++ (1600x900) HD + Matte LED compatible with Samsung NP550P5C SERIES. Part Number: LTN156KT06

BUT, when I plugged in my laptop with the new screen, it only shows full-screen colors (red, yellow, blue, green, pink, black, white) alternating. And nothing happens, this is infinitely this way

I got in touch with their support, and they told me that I should have bought a screen at the same resolution as my 1366 * 768 notebook, because my original flatcable (in this case ba39-01134a) is single-channel and I need a dual channel cable.

So I bought a cable from the np550p7c, ba39-01230a, I plugged it into the screen, and nothing ... The same problem continues.
*en.aliexpress.com/item/New-LCD-Fle...-S02UK-laptop-cable-P-N-BA39/32713191947.html

The cable is not defective as it works on my 1366 * 768 screen,

Can anyone tell me which cable works with the 1600 * 900 screen on the np550p5c ???

Qty: 1
Part Number: LTN156KT06
Barcode : 766878

Hi,guys,
I posted here long before, but i was following this thread.
I need to post here as i made a huge upgrade to my laptop and i need to share

You guys know our laptop is good but not perfect,the area that was annoying me was the screen,some you guys may disagree but thats my opinion. That display is one of the worst,i mean i've seen many screens and this has worst of everything contrast,pathetic black levels,brightness,colors you tell me everything was bad.You can the notebookcheck review of the same.Our's comes with a 1600*900 ltn156kt06-801 display.

Now i wanted to upgrade to a 1080p screen and after a long research:)...i found out, for that you need a compatible lvds cable and one from NP550P7C,the 17inch version can handle 1080p and mind you rest of the specs were same.

AUO B156HW01 V.4 was the favourite.its a TN panel that came with xps15 l501x.......and then i came to know of IPS screens from LG which also have 40pin....one of the sceen from that series is sony vaio s15..

Now i dont know if anyone tried IPS in place of a TN even in notebookreview forum,i posted there also.....they speak good of B156HW01 V.4 but its viewing angles are still TN....for me that's a NO.....

so........i tried my luck and i bought one and the cable..HUGE RISK.......BUT
............ IT WORKEDDDDDDDD.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ITS AWESOMEEEEE.....DIFFERENCE IS DAY AND NIGHT......

I used a LP156WF4 SLB5 IPS,the best of that series,which i found out after reading a good amount of notebookcheck reviews....ITS PURE AWESOME AND I LOVE IT.........
comparison of specs i collected from notebookcheck..
NEW PANEL(ips) STOCK(tn)
Maximum(brightness): 316 cd / m² 202 cd / m²
Average(bright) : 295.6 cd / m² 184.8 cd / m²
Illumination : 90% 83%
Black (lowest better) : 00:33 cd / m² 1:3 cd / m²
Contrast : 930: 1 142: 1
.it was my experiment and there was a huge risk involved......
Here's some photos took with my s3,but the pics dont show even half justice regarding the quality..i'll post more photos if i get hold of my brothers canon t4i.......PS:I hvent put the bezel around the screen in these images...

View attachment 14836View attachment 14837View attachment 14838View attachment 14839View attachment 14840

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Its been 5 years since the launch of the np550 model, between this time Samsung has pretty much quit the laptop market in most countries including India, so those who still have theirs, hows it going? is it still working properly and are you using it? I have shifted primarily to a desktop but occasionally still use the np550, the only issue I have is the right-click button on the mousepad can freeze the entire pc sometimes if I press it too hard and also the battery degradation which is natural, overall its been a good 5 years and a solid model from a brand not known to make laptops.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have been using NP550 i5 version for 5 years now. It is still surviving, somehow. I have mainly used it for gaming. used to game more than 5 hrs without break, almost on daily basis, in initial 3 yrs. After that I came out of college so occassionally stretched the gaming seesion more than 3hrs. Its been good.

I am satisfied for the price I paid. Though heating issue was since the beginning, I mostly played old games like FIFA14, COD2, COD:MW, so never really had much problem. But i used to have frustrating sessions in NFS:HP2010.

The latest game i have played are Rocket League and UT2016 beta version. I play these at the lowest settings the game has to offer. It starts to throttle after 20mins. It makes me cry but I am fine.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Somebody told me here that 5 years old samsung laptops have 5GHz wifi support which is quite surprising because even today the latest Dell inspiron series laptops costing 40k comes with only 2.4GHz N wifi with no 5GHz support.Can anybody here confirm this for 550P?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I do not know how to check this. After googling I found one way to checkl. But I couldn't expand the window in tdf1.jpg to read fully so I still dont know.

I also ran a command netsh wlan wirelesscapabilities but I don't know which property would tell me if it supports dual band or not.

Attachments

• tdf1.jpg
    tdf1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 114
  • tdf2.jpg
    tdf2.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 133
Top Bottom