The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

amg009

Broken In
Guys I bought a s01 recently hearing the overheating issue was solved. But now I am experiencing another problem, battery doesn't charge beyond 80%, shows 80% charged, not charging indication. Should I get my battery replaced..?
Its been just five days since I have got the lap..:(
Edit: battery life extender was enabled in BIOS..

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amg009 its not a thing to worry about ....just click on the knob like icon on the quicklaunch icons on the desktop...and go to power management options...there 2nd tab ...it will say that max charging will be done till 80% to save battery from over charging.. switch that off and battery will charge till 100% now :)

anaklusmos

Youngling
Guys I bought a s01 recently hearing the overheating issue was solved. But now I am experiencing another problem, battery doesn't charge beyond 80%, shows 80% charged, not charging indication. Should I get my battery replaced..?
Its been just five days since I have got the lap..:(
Edit: battery life extender was enabled in BIOS..

hey, then was the overheating issue solved?? i will probably be playing games on lappy for hours at end and was leaving S01N out only bcoz of that reason

bala_cpu

Broken In
finally got the 05IN version, its blazing fast and is simply a beast, touch pad working absolutley fine , no issues. :) if any of you guys want something to be tested lemme know :)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
finally got the 05IN version, its blazing fast and is simply a beast, touch pad working absolutley fine , no issues. :) if any of you guys want something to be tested lemme know :)
Look there are many buyers who want to know temps during gaming or Normal temps while surfing. because they are in dilemma to purchase S05IN or Lenovo Z500. clear there doubts. are there any throttling or heating issues, tell them.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@bala congrats for ur purchase...how much u paid...and if u game a lot please put the tempereture after 2-3 hrs of gameplay...many people wanted to know but I dont game much :)

bala_cpu

Broken In
@bala congrats for ur purchase...how much u paid...and if u game a lot please put the tempereture after 2-3 hrs of gameplay...many people wanted to know but I dont game much :)

thanks mate, price is undisclosed , got it from my office, will run some extensive tests this weekend, will post once done. But tried playing nfsmw (old one) it didnt heat at all, will trhy some gpu intensive games. btw downloaded riva tuner along with msi after burner but unfortunately the after burner dosent show gpu clocks, is there any tool to monitor which gpu is in use? most of the time its the hd 4000, may be thats causing afterburner to act weird

RON28

Cyborg Agent
thanks mate, price is undisclosed , got it from my office, will run some extensive tests this weekend, will post once done. But tried playing nfsmw (old one) it didnt heat at all, will trhy some gpu intensive games. btw downloaded riva tuner along with msi after burner but unfortunately the after burner dosent show gpu clocks, is there any tool to monitor which gpu is in use? most of the time its the hd 4000, may be thats causing afterburner to act weird

download GPU-Z and monitor both GPUs

nandu26

In the zone
What about NP550P5C-S04IN? Is it a good model? Any overheating problems for this model?

I also want to know whther grains will be visible on the matte display.

bala_cpu

Broken In
download GPU-Z and monitor both GPUs
using rivatuner statistics server combined with msi after burner and aida64 external monitoring support, gpu temps goes upt 75 to 80C in games, played dead space 3, fifa 13 for a while (an hour or so), left bottom of the laptop is warm, sides of touch pad a little bit warm, nothing hot conisdering the raw power inside

KyleSforza

Banned
guys , one quick question, im planning to purchase this 550 series lappy, since its the only one that has powerful gpu at a reasonable price. I really want to know if the multi touch gestures(windows 8) are supported by the trackpad that comes with the laptop. i saw some touch gestures based on track pad and its cool, better than a touch screen.

Yup, it has multi touch gestures, you just need to install latest drivers from the synaptics site.

amg009

Broken In
Hi guys I have met with some problems in my new s01in. I had partitioned the drive after I received it into 4, 2 primary and 2 logical partitions. Then tried to go into recovery pgm from boot by pressing f4 and checked out the management mode. Then I rebooted into win7 to find that all partitions except c drive was hidden and when I checked through diskpart, it was found raw.
Does anyone know a reason behind this..?
After that I had to reinstall windows and everything went fine but I didnt bother to create a recovery partition, now I'm installing drivers, I need to have the fn +function key combos working, for that which all drivers should I install..?
And also how to get the Samsung power profile, etc..?
Do you I need to install Samsung softwares to get all thing working...?
Hope you guys find me solutions...

bala_cpu

Broken In
wont these lappy have uefi bios? i can see only traditional bios. moreover looking for a nice cooler pad to fit 05IN, especially one that covers the top left region since its the location where the heat sink is located

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@bala_cpu: (mine is S02) there are holes in middle of the bottom of the laptop. From those holes the air(normal temp) is being suck inside and through side vents hot air comes out. So I bought cooler pad which pushes air inside the laptop through those holes. This helps laptop to suck more air inside and push out the hot air, which helps laptop to keep temp below 90(while gaming).
Conclusion: Buy laptop cooler which push air into(inside) laptop effectively.

bala_cpu

Broken In
@bala_cpu: (mine is S02) there are holes in middle of the bottom of the laptop. From those holes the air(normal temp) is being suck inside and through side vents hot air comes out. So I bought cooler pad which pushes air inside the laptop through those holes. This helps laptop to suck more air inside and push out the hot air, which helps laptop to keep temp below 90(while gaming).
Conclusion: Buy laptop cooler which push air into(inside) laptop effectively.

finally ordered the notepal u3 :D , it looks more customisable than the rest ;)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
hmmmm. I think few people are using U3 here. You should have asked them before buying. I don't know how much effective it is. in Which state you are currently staying ?

bala_cpu

Broken In
hmmmm. I think few people are using U3 here. You should have asked them before buying. I don't know how much effective it is. in Which state you are currently staying ?

im in chennai. googled for around two days and decided to go with u3, also saw few users in flipkart using it 550 lappy comfortably, my only concern was about the grip, but looks like it will okish. with some good fan alignment im sure i can shed out 5 to 10 c atleast

TheSloth

The Slowest One
im in chennai. googled for around two days and decided to go with u3, also saw few users in flipkart using it 550 lappy comfortably, my only concern was about the grip, but looks like it will okish. with some good fan alignment im sure i can shed out 5 to 10 c atleast

chennai!!! then don't expect much. I am using notepal infinite evo, still temp reaches 88c while gaming.

anon232

Broken In
1. budget : 60k

2. hardware component :
Laptop Manufacturer - ANY
CPU - Intel Core i5/i7 3rd Gen
RAM - 4 GB or more
GPU - higher than GT630M or AMD equivalent
Screen Resolution - greater than 1366 x 768 (mandatory)
HDD - min 500 GB(ssd cache drive will be an added bonus)
Display - 15.6 but can do with 14
Battery Life- >3hrs
DVD drive preferred
Wifi ,Gigabit Ethernet & bluetooth enabled
Usb 3.0 ports (preferred >=2)

3. intended use:

Gaming
Programming
Browsing
Watching HD movies
online & offline learning programmes

Samsung NP550P5C-S06IN
Sony VAIO Fit 15E F15219SN/B
Asus Vivobook S400CA-CA028H
HP Envy M6-1214TX
HP Envy 4-1202TX

I want to buy Samsung NP550P5C-S06IN but am terrified after reading the heating,throttling,service centre issues.
Please help!!

Top Bottom