The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

sj2202

Broken In
It's the new boss..!! for this segment. It would be available for 64k and a complete VFM.

Seriously!!!
You are getting everything you can ask for!!!
Quad core,Good GPU,1080p screen,backlit keyboard,JBL speakers,Even ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION!!... :-D

n3rd

In the zone
I really am soooo thankful to god that my S03IN malfunctioned and I got a refund :-D :-D
Just check out this laptop...even better than the Y580!!...I couldn't have asked for more!!!
The most amazing feature is the ultrabay which enables you to add another GPU!! :shock:

Here is the notebookcheck review

Now I am completely convinced that everything happens for the better!! :-D :-D

Great VFM, but bit too out of my budget :( Good luck though.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I really am soooo thankful to god that my S03IN malfunctioned and I got a refund :-D :-D
Just check out this laptop...even better than the Y580!!...I couldn't have asked for more!!!
The most amazing feature is the ultrabay which enables you to add another GPU!! :shock:

Here is the notebookcheck review

Now I am completely convinced that everything happens for the better!! :-D :-D
yep its got great features , but don't get from flipkart, it'll would cost ~64k locally. The ultrabay is a great feature, but it will cost $229 (~Rs 12,300) if you want to add an extra gpu Link, but even then its a great feature if you want to upgrade later on.

sj2202

Broken In
yep its got great features , but don't get from flipkart, it'll would cost ~64k locally. The ultrabay is a great feature, but it will cost $229 (~Rs 12,300) if you want to add an extra gpu Link, but even then its a great feature if you want to upgrade later on.

Thanks for th link...though I dont need it right now...but It will be really helpful in the future since after using the SLI config. the laptop is performing near the level of GTX 670m(sometimes better) :-D

vigneshn92

Broken In
Hav 2 agree with the y500..waited almost 3 mnths to get the samsung one.even paid for it but the dealer refunded saying he couldnt get the model.but thankfully the y500 came around,wow its just amazing ! got it for 63k and the best part is its cooling sytem..absolutely brilliant !hardly crosses 75 degrees !

pratyush997

Inactive
Hav 2 agree with the y500..waited almost 3 mnths to get the samsung one.even paid for it but the dealer refunded saying he couldnt get the model.but thankfully the y500 came around,wow its just amazing ! got it for 63k and the best part is its cooling sytem..absolutely brilliant !hardly crosses 75 degrees !
Congrats!
BTW Y500 is s05IN killer ! ;) enjoy gaming dude!
Sammy need to launch s07 to compete Y500 :D

sj2202

Broken In
Hey congrats!!...I am going to buy the same...From where did you buy?..Flipkart is selling it for 67k.
Which games have you played?..If you can post some pics of the laptop,that would be awesome.. :-D

vigneshn92

Broken In
Hey congrats!!...I am going to buy the same...From where did you buy?..Flipkart is selling it for 67k.
Which games have you played?..If you can post some pics of the laptop,that would be awesome.. :-D

Almost all recent games including farcry 3,most wanted and a few slightly older ones lik bf3 ,mp3.all games run on fhd fluently with most settings on med,high and a few on ultra as well.
bought it from a lenovo flagship store in bangalore..
here are a few pics
DSC09941.JPG
DSC09942.JPGDSC09943.JPGDSC09944.JPGDSC09945.JPGDSC09946.JPGDSC09947.JPGDSC09948.JPGDSC09949.JPGDSC09950.JPG

Gtb93

In the zone
Almost all recent games including farcry 3,most wanted and a few slightly older ones lik bf3 ,mp3.all games run on fhd fluently with most settings on med,high and a few on ultra as well.
here are a few pics
View attachment 8661
View attachment 8662View attachment 8663View attachment 8664View attachment 8665View attachment 8666View attachment 8667View attachment 8668View attachment 8669View attachment 8670

Looks great! Congrats on your purchase! :)
I have a few questions, ie. General temperatures while playing the aforementioned games like BF3, FC3? And the sound from the ventilation? I've heard it blows hot air onto the right hand side, basically where your palm would rest on an external mouse. What 'watt' adapter was provided by lenovo? Also, average battery life if you've tested anything of that sort. One more thing, does this model has the express 16gb SSD cache for the OS(hidden) generally seen in foreign models?

and lastly, if it's not too much to ask, if you have the time, please do a video on the laptop. Probably gameplay/semi-review etc.
Regards!

vigneshn92

Broken In
Looks great! Congrats on your purchase! :)
I have a few questions, ie. General temperatures while playing the aforementioned games like BF3, FC3? And the sound from the ventilation? I've heard it blows hot air onto the right hand side, basically where your palm would rest on an external mouse. What 'watt' adapter was provided by lenovo? Also, average battery life if you've tested anything of that sort. One more thing, does this model has the express 16gb SSD cache for the OS(hidden) generally seen in foreign models?

and lastly, if it's not too much to ask, if you have the time, please do a video on the laptop. Probably gameplay/semi-review etc.
Regards!
General temps hover around the 75 mark. gpu stays cooler in mid 60's(rarely croses 70). in terms of sound it is exceptionally quiet for a gaming laptop.i'm sure the speakers more than make up for the sound produced while gaming.during normal load its very quiet.As for the heat generated no such things happen.it gets quite warm .but nothin that is unbearable .in fact you'll get used to it aftr a few hrs.Its a 120 w adapter.only the sli models come with the 170w adapter.battery life's average pretty much around 3 hrs on low brightness bcos of no optimus. yes ,i believ this model has the 16gb ssd cos the guy in the showroom said so. will do the video soon ! !

sj2202

Broken In
here are a few pics
View attachment 8661
View attachment 8662View attachment 8663View attachment 8664View attachment 8665View attachment 8666View attachment 8667View attachment 8668View attachment 8669View attachment 8670

Wooaahh!!...That keyboard looks amazing!.. :-D
The laptop is not available at my place currently...have to wait for some time otherwise will have to order it via Flipkart.
Waiting for the video. :p

Gtb93

In the zone
General temps hover around the 75 mark. gpu stays cooler in mid 60's(rarely croses 70). in terms of sound it is exceptionally quiet for a gaming laptop.i'm sure the speakers more than make up for the sound produced while gaming.during normal load its very quiet.As for the heat generated no such things happen.it gets quite warm .but nothin that is unbearable .in fact you'll get used to it aftr a few hrs.Its a 120 w adapter.only the sli models come with the 170w adapter.battery life's average pretty much around 3 hrs on low brightness bcos of no optimus. yes ,i believ this model has the 16gb ssd cos the guy in the showroom said so. will do the video soon ! !

Thank you :)
Waiting for the video!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ ok guys, keep this as the np550 thread, start a new thread for the y500, i'm sure many would be interested in that.

sreedhar

Right off the assembly line
hi . i am new to the forum . i bought S04 a few days ago.. but now when i check the task manager it is showing 85% memory usage even in idle :cry: ..had anyone encountered this before. plz help...

Tejo

Broken In
here are a few pics
View attachment 8661

Congrats on buying this,...Even I am in dilemma to buy this or not...waiting for a review of Y500..

Top Bottom