The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

devlamania

Right off the assembly line
Have ordered it in Samsung Plaza, Chennai, S04IN model, will arrive on friday !! :-D going for the i5 , cause it will be enough for gaming and multimedia usage. Extra bucks will be spent on 2GB extra RAM and a possible SSD upgrade :| ... as per I read, there is no extra HDD bay, so will have to put the 6 gbps SSD on main bay and replace the ODD with SATA II. But not sure about that, cause the HDD caddy is unnecessarily costly. Also was wondering if I could get the lappy without any OS, already got a DreamSpark account and its really a pain in ass to pay extra money for OS (Which has been already included in the total price). Finger crossed for DDR3 memory of GT650M !! Was planning for Dell 17R Turbo, but that's WAY TOO much costly, the 900p model costs more than 62000, and 4 gig ram only !! 17.3 inch display with 900p, not a good choice :p So just for GDDR5 paying so much extra is better avoided in my opinion.

I want to buy it.. but I have heard that this laptop's users are facing overheating and throttling ....
and I am going to buy it from Nehru place.. What is the lowest cost I can expect??

duriel

Broken In
I have SW update installed on my system but it doesnt provide quick starter in the downloads:-(

any other alternative???

I know, I too had the problem of getting Quick Starter installed because their servers were not working. You can download quick starter from here: Samsung Quick Starter for Windows 8 | Tech Help

shashvataditya123

i just re-installed windows on my laptop using the cd provided by samsung..i need to know where i can get the drivers from...it's urgent. right now, i don't even have intel display drivers installed. can't connect to the net also. so i'm assuming i'll need a driver for that too. please tell me asap!

pratyush997

Inactive
i just re-installed windows on my laptop using the cd provided by samsung..i need to know where i can get the drivers from...it's urgent. right now, i don't even have intel display drivers installed. can't connect to the net also. so i'm assuming i'll need a driver for that too. please tell me asap!
Install Easy software manager or SW Update and it will do it

vikram_17

S05 is already in market and I have one owner in my Group too!
Specs same as s03 except a BD-rom

Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a laptop now... I'm confused between the S02, S03.. I'm from Pune.. I contacted Baba.. He said that S02 won't be available anymore..
Should I check elsewhere for the same?

Secondly, You mentioned S05.. I can't seem to find the specifications online.. Where can I purchase that? What should I go for then? S02, S03 or the S05? My budget would be around 60k..

vikram_17

here you go
credits to aroon
Core i7 Laptops, Samsung JBL Notebook Series 5 NP550P5C-S05IN Intel Core

s05 is of 60k, got bd-rom and same as s03's config

Thanks... The Baba store in Pune doesn't have this model with him.. Any other stores you could recommend?

Top Bottom