The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

tv1993

Broken In
I have 5 stuck pixels(or bright white spots usually visible when there is a white background) on my screen. Is there a possible fix or I have to give it to the service center?. Also is there any way to turn off the screen without turning off the laptop?

deoxy

Broken In
Can you PM me too? :)

btw, I rung up a few sammy dealers (got their numbers from sammy site) at nehru place and all of them offered me S03 at 55.5k... do you they are legit? :s
who's offering you s03 @55.5k???
even i asked around the best i could get was 57k

sh1v

Right off the assembly line
who's offering you s03 @55.5k???
even i asked around the best i could get was 57k

LAPPIE SHOPPE
Call Store: 9211778899

DIGITUS ELECTRONICS
Call Store: 9958580647

CONTEC SYSTEMS
Call Store: 9810295800

all at nehru place and all of them told me 55.5k

deoxy

Broken In
LAPPIE SHOPPE
Call Store: 9211778899

DIGITUS ELECTRONICS
Call Store: 9958580647

CONTEC SYSTEMS
Call Store: 9810295800

all at nehru place and all of them told me 55.5k

wtf flipkart offers i5 one at this price!!
well 55.5k is very low
makes the deal seem fishy
wht are they selling i5 for??
you cld buy if pack is sealed bcase they are authurised dealers

sh1v

^ didnt ask about i5...
does seem fishy, which is why i was wondering if anyone can tell me a more tried and trusted alternative..

RON28

Cyborg Agent
no i havn't...i'm about to go there n check....i have searched for it at pimpri chinchwad and mg road....but found nothing...
do u know any good shop at tilak road??

Iam from pune only and i bought SO1IN for 48.5K from tikal road...check there...lots of laptop showrooms are there.

KyleSforza

Banned
They offered me a mobo replacement....But don't you think it is better to buy a new laptop rather than the one which malfunctions after using it for barely 2 hours(which included win update and AV update).. :)

You installed EASUS on it, you screwed up, then hows it the laptop's fault? o.0 I had exact same problem, screwed up the same way within 3 hours of getting it, the cc took 2 weeks to repair it after numerous phone calls. All that was needed, was a recovery. No replacements, no openings. EASUS somehow corrupts the windows on laptop HDD. Why not use the built in partition tool?

Anyway, your loss, you don't get to feel the best no more. :)

imrock

Broken In
Capture.PNG

GUYS HELP PLEASE

Im using s-02 with windows 8, my d drive is lost thanks to samsung recovery solution 5..i think i had deleted the samsung recovery partition while partitioning but just now i pressed f4 on startup and it took me to samsung recovery solution 5, took a lot of time and then just showed me the menu of backup restore n all, i exited and then back to windows i got no d drive

I used disk management but it showed no option for that drive which had 452gb, its healthy so i used easus partition manager to assign a drive letter and it failed and now its d drive but no space and windows says it needs to format to use that drive.....please tell me how to proceed

I had more than 300gb of my data on that drive :'(

Last edited:

asdewka

Hi guys !

I just bought this laptop and I am not very happy about windows 8, so I wanted to install 7 on it, however I got several issues here. First of all I do not see any other possibilities of boot priority than just the default one(windows boot manager or sth). I wanted to install from USB, I disabled the setting I should, but still no luck.. got only default one and Disable options. Secondly I wanted to try to install it from DVD, but my MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8D1 cannot read the disk at all(tried them on another computer - everything works).

Is there any way to make it boot from USB, or is there a any driver(or some fix) for my DVD-ROM drive?

Thank you in advance. Hope for your help.

Ashish247

Journeyman
View attachment 8219

GUYS HELP PLEASE

Im using s-02 with windows 8, my d drive is lost thanks to samsung recovery solution 5..i think i had deleted the samsung recovery partition while partitioning but just now i pressed f4 on startup and it took me to samsung recovery solution 5, took a lot of time and then just showed me the menu of backup restore n all, i exited and then back to windows i got no d drive

I used disk management but it showed no option for that drive which had 452gb, its healthy so i used easus partition manager to assign a drive letter and it failed and now its d drive but no space and windows says it needs to format to use that drive.....please tell me how to proceed

Partition Wizard Bootable CD allows user to manage partition directly with partition manager bootable CD.
You can use above software to recover the data

imrock

Broken In
Partition Wizard Bootable CD allows user to manage partition directly with partition manager bootable CD.
You can use above software to recover the data

not working, the drive is showing as completely full, no recovery feature working either but thanks for the suggestion

imrock

Broken In
View attachment 8219

GUYS HELP PLEASE

Did you try booting it with the cd/dvd with that utility? Coz it worked in similar cases.

SOLVED

FINALLY, used Easus recovery wizard, entered the full version code i found online and bam, in 5 hours all my data transferred to my external hdd!! Also thanks ashish for your assistance, i tried the bootable cd too but the recovery software insisted on backing it on unallocated space which means i had to unallocate some part of my hdd which i found confusing

anikesh102

Broken In
Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN owners...... pls guys can u tell me does this new model of this series have heating issue or not.... temp upto 80 is normal in gaming for me... but does it exceed so much.... i m planning to order this tomorrow bcoz in my city S03 model is not available.... pls help....

sj2202

Broken In
You installed EASUS on it, you screwed up, then hows it the laptop's fault? o.0 I had exact same problem, screwed up the same way within 3 hours of getting it, the cc took 2 weeks to repair it after numerous phone calls. All that was needed, was a recovery. No replacements, no openings. EASUS somehow corrupts the windows on laptop HDD. Why not use the built in partition tool?

Anyway, your loss, you don't get to feel the best no more. :)

Ahh...I wish you had screwed up before me...then I would have been careful about EaseUS.. :wink:

The service center Engineer had a recovery disk...but the laptop did not read it.....He tried using an external ODD.....still the same result.And the laptop kept shutting down automatically,even on power supply....then he sort of concluded that it could be a mobo problem....anyways....he wasn't able to repair....flipkart was ready to give a refund....so I took it.. :)

Now I'm thinking about another S03IN...or a gaming PC which will surely be better than the "best".. :chinscratch: :wink:

Top Bottom