The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

alpha34

Broken In
there is no heating issue in newer builds......but if i highly recommend taking cooling pad if ur using it on ur bed as vent's get covered so will result in overheating.....u take any brand u "MUST" have cooling pad if ur using on bed....

Cyborgz

Broken In
Yes, Purchased S03IN in direct Samsung dealer for 59,000 INR (which is 995 INR less than Flipkart or any other online show room)

Simply the best. Much happy with its performance so far! Would like to know if some one had installed LINUX successfully (As Dual Boot) in S03in? Searched many threads, but there is issue with UEFI Secured boot. Please guide me (step by step) if they got working one.

Thanks!!

asher

Broken In
Guys I am in trouble.
Yesterday I tried to partition my HDD using EaseUS partition master and as it was doing it I got BSOD..."error 0xc0000225"...I had not created a recover disk:)pullhair:) and now I am helpless....
After searching on the internet I found a very similar story
I really need your help guys...can anybody here create a Windows 8(not pro) recovery disc and upload it online please?..
are u going for a refund bcz of the above prob or anything else??

gulati.ishank

Broken In
Should i go for
Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com
or
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

sj2202

Broken In
Guys I am in trouble.
Yesterday I tried to partition my HDD using EaseUS partition master and as it was doing it I got BSOD..."error 0xc0000225"...I had not created a recover disk:)pullhair:) and now I am helpless....
After searching on the internet I found a very similar story
I really need your help guys...can anybody here create a Windows 8(not pro) recovery disc and upload it online please?..
what happened? and make sure refund is not added to flipkart wallet.....

are u going for a refund bcz of the above prob or anything else??
I took the laptop to a service center and they were not able to repair it despite having a recovery disc....There was something wrong with BIOS...It was not giving any option to boot from disc or USB(They said that it could be a motherboard problem too since the laptop was automatically shutting down in the BIOS menu)....They offered me a refund via check but it would take 15-20 days....Flipkart is doing the same in 3-4 days on my dad's credit card(not the wallet).

Honestly,I did not even want a refund....I was expecting a replacement...But I guess flipkart did not offer it to me because it's currently out of stock.
Hmmmm....any suggestions for me now? :)

pratyush997

Inactive
I took the laptop to a service center and they were not able to repair it despite having a recovery disc....There was something wrong with BIOS...It was not giving any option to boot from disc or USB(They said that it could be a motherboard problem too since the laptop was automatically shutting down in the BIOS menu)....They offered me a refund via check but it would take 15-20 days....Flipkart is doing the same in 3-4 days on my dad's credit card(not the wallet).

Honestly,I did not even want a refund....I was expecting a replacement...But I guess flipkart did not offer it to me because it's currently out of stock.
Hmmmm....any suggestions for me now? :)
:facepalm: a mobo replacement can even fix it or a BIOS reflash might fix it!
BTW It's good that you are wee-bit satisfied w/ refund :p

sj2202

Broken In
:facepalm: a mobo replacement can even fix it or a BIOS reflash might fix it!
BTW It's good that you are wee-bit satisfied w/ refund :p
They offered me a mobo replacement....But don't you think it is better to buy a new laptop rather than the one which malfunctions after using it for barely 2 hours(which included win update and AV update).. :)

gulati.ishank

Broken In
did you got what I said?

Yeah,
but i am still confused b/w the 2.
I see that you also own np550 ,if the issues with this laptop are solved i would like to go for the same but many people are still complaining about it even after the bios update.I am only a casual gamer(2hrs max at stretch) but i will play new games like hitman and if the temp reaches 90 then it will be a problem,so what will be your opinion (a bit detailed if you have time) b/w these 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom