The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

nachoman1

Right off the assembly line
I bought my NP550P back in may and was aware that the screen wasn't its strong point but hoped it would be good enough. However I find the black levels and flat color well below expectations (I dont know the exact ratings -sorry). I have recently upgraded my screen as I really like this laptop and considering I only paid £750 with vat back I went ahead and got a full HD replacement screen.

Its not the best vid unfortunately as I used a Iphone to video the new screen. Although i think the difference in contrast and colour is obvious enough.

Samsung NP550P7c 1080p screen upgrade - YouTube

David

hi im interested in upgrading the screen could you give details of how you opened the screen ?
thanks

san6ind

Hi All, I am new to this forum & planning to purchase the Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S03IN laptop & would like to know if there is any heating or throttling issues observed by anybody on the same and if possible what would be the best price for the same.

Thanks in advance & quick reply would be highly appreciated.

saurabhraipur19

sorry bro i don't have these games. But i played GRID for around 3hrs, the max temp was 87(not sure, played long ago). But i am sure i never crossed 90. But the thing is, i don't play BF3 and MP3 kind of games which strain GPU CPU more. others can tell you more precisely about temps while playing these games.

thnks bro,more positively looking towards this notebook after ur response

saurabhraipur19

sorry bro i don't have these games. But i played GRID for around 3hrs, the max temp was 87(not sure, played long ago). But i am sure i never crossed 90. But the thing is, i don't play BF3 and MP3 kind of games which strain GPU CPU more. others can tell you more precisely about temps while playing these games.

thnks bro.looking more forward towards buying this beast after ur response

himanshuakatalli

Facing problems with linux installation on NP550P5C-S03IN

Hello everyone....

I got NP550P5C - S03IN few weeks back, i tried installing opensuse in my laptop but had some issues of not booting from disc and from usb but i had it fixed.
But again i'm in serious trouble when i installed openSUSE in my laptop, it stop booting from harddrive and even in bios setup my harddisk was not appearing under boot priority option, to confirm the problem i did a fresh install of windows 7 and then the harddisk again appeared and laptop booted windows 7.

I tried 3 more different linux Fedora17, Linux Mint and Debian Linux, the same problem persisted with every linux, whenever i installed them, the installation went correctly without any problem or error but when i restarted to boot linux it didn't boot instead it went into bios setup and there i again saw that under boot priority option my harddisk was not appearing.

Does anyone have any idea about my problem?, please help me out, i'm a linux/pc user since very long time and its really hard to so suddenly switch to windows 8.

and yes please just to mention whenever i installed linux i did not dual boot with windows instead i first formatted my whole harddrive then created the linux partitions, and installed fresh copy.

Please help me out !!

duriel

Broken In
Re: Facing problems with linux installation on NP550P5C-S03IN

Hello everyone....

I got NP550P5C - S03IN few weeks back, i tried installing opensuse in my laptop but had some issues of not booting from disc and from usb but i had it fixed.
But again i'm in serious trouble when i installed openSUSE in my laptop, it stop booting from harddrive and even in bios setup my harddisk was not appearing under boot priority option, to confirm the problem i did a fresh install of windows 7 and then the harddisk again appeared and laptop booted windows 7.

[snip]

Please help me out !!

Did you try disabling UEFI Boot in BIOS?

hhh

Broken In
Finally got my X-box controller. :)) I am super happy....
Guys could you please suggest me a nice wireless mice.

I am gaming gaming and gaming....
MP3 max temps goes 83... Just cause 2 is amazing no temps issue, most wanted 2012 yet to be played,,.... but graphics looks wow... GTA 4 yet to start, and many more games......

installed street fighter x ... it goes just grt with the controller.

himanshuakatalli

@duriel

When i formatted my original windows.. i disabled secure boot and change the "UEFI" boot mode to "UEFI and CSM" boot mode... still when installed opensuse it was not booting...

There are three boot modes available:

CSM OS
UEFI OS
CSM and UEFI OS

I'm presently booting on 3rd one that is- CSM and UEFI OS
now which boot mode should i choose to boot linux ? :-?

nachoman1

hi im interested in upgrading the screen could you give details of how you opened the screen ?
thanks

Ok tried taking the screen bezel off got it off the top and sides but can't remove the bottom edge or more to the point the lower corners and hinge , does anyone know how to remove the screen .

duriel

Broken In

@duriel

When i formatted my original windows.. i disabled secure boot and change the "UEFI" boot mode to "UEFI and CSM" boot mode... still when installed opensuse it was not booting...

[snip]

now which boot mode should i choose to boot linux ? :-?

Ok, so since you got Windows 8 PC, they have removed the option to disable UEFI boot. Since I got Windows 7 PC, I have Arch Linux running fine. This link might help a bit: You'll be able to install Linux on most Windows 8 PCs If you do find a working solution but have issues you could drop by any of the linux distro channels on IRC freenode network freenode Web IRC (qwebirc).

san6ind

Hi, Has anybody tried formatting Windows 8 & then using WIN 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT edition to use as Default OS for the Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN Laptop. If yes then what is the procedure to do the same. ALso can you make a copy of the Pre-installed WIN 8 64 BIT on a USB HDD or a BACKUP of it. Pls help me on the same as i am very new here.

Top Bottom