The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

anirudh456sharma

Right off the assembly line
I haven't faced throttling since the bios update, but the temps were reaching 94c after 2-3hrs of gaming (bf3, max payne 3 etc), so I reduced the cpu max to 70% while gaming. now the temps don't go above 86-87 in any game. also the battery wear level is still 0% (I remove battery while gaming,though) and there haven't been any other issues. I've finished crysis 2, gta iv, bf3, max payne3 and there have been no problems. No random BSOD's or freezes.
about the customer care, I personally had very good experience with them, if you read my earlier posts you'll know that I got a full refund for the i5 version from the cc in my area. but some users like pratyush got the mobo replaced, even though he wanted a refund, so I think cc really depends on the area .

Which BIOS update did you get?

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Has Samsung again increased prices for the 550P series? Their website shows 60k for the core i5 model and 73k for the i7.....i was extremely interested in this model but now this is overpriced.....

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Hey, anyone used the new Nvidia Drivers?
What's it like? Does it solve some of the heating and throttling issues in games?

alpha34

Broken In
Hey, anyone used the new Nvidia Drivers?
What's it like? Does it solve some of the heating and throttling issues in games?
Used new drivers didn't seem any big diff except darksiders 2 has got fps boost and temp remain same but still have throttling issues :banghead:

musadhiq

Broken In
was looking at macbook wiith same specs ended up buying this from flipkart.great laptop bought it for 59.6K.got no bag.was delivered yesterday.
macbook with same specs costs around 1lac.

update:
updated drivers for display and nvidia graphic card and there is no throttling got a 90 whr adapter.no problem with touchpad really good and much better than my old vaio
was waiting to buy it after windows 8 launch but came to know from a dealer in chennai that the prices will be updated to 73k from 26th october with win8 launch and the laptop will be available
with win 8 preinstalled.he said there will be no changes in the hardware and only software will change.so i immediately bought it online as he didnt have stock.laptop is just awesome:p :p:p
no issues till now.got a freshly manufactured piece from flipkart (sept 2012)so i think all issues are taken care of .overall a great buy at 59.7K.

update:the prices have gone up at flipkart now available at 60.9K

duriel

Broken In
Can anyone please give me any link of the unboxing video of these laptop?
This one: Samsung 550P7C S02 unboxing - YouTube

Обзор ноутбука Samsung 550P5C-S02 - YouTube

I don't think there are any unboxing/review videos from India. I can make a video with an overview if you want.

Top Bottom