The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

switch44

Broken In
yeah i know but there is a difference of 10k! And im not some extreme gamer but yeah i love playing them on as high graphics as i can. and according to this LINK its not a huuuge difference.
does the 2gb VRAM and 1gb VRAM show up as a huge difference on performance?

nick191

Journeyman
ya it will have no problem wit CS:S there is a user on FB who says "hey broz everyone here..chill kro yar..today i put my lappy on heavy testing phase..!!! played borderlands2 coop at ultra settings for 6 hours..!!! and no signs of even a fram dropped!!! so new buyers if u r worried about throttling then dont.. just go for this.. install latest new drivers and bingo u r ready to plunge into gaming!!!"

hope tat ans ur dilemma

okay thank you
than i am going to buy SAMMY,so exited but have to wait till 11/11/12 !:-D

pratyush997

Inactive
Okay guys i have an issue. Now i know its a no brainer but :
I just found an offer (my dad did) the hp g6 - 2150 : core i7-3612qm, 6gb ram, 750gbhdd, 1gb ati HD 7670 for approx 38000rs.
I have to decide between this and the samsung np550 - s01IN for 48k.
Do you think the samsung is still the better choice even if im getting the hp for 10k lesser??
1:- Acc. to this Site 234 KWD=48k INR
2:- You live in India, So search one which is available in INDIA

switch44

Broken In
1:- Acc. to this Site 234 KWD=48k INR
2:- You live in India, So search one which is available in INDIA

No not buying from that page. Thats the only link i found for the same comp thats all. My dad just sent me the config and the model number so i googled it.
Ive got family staying in the gulf. So thats not an issue.

So yeah im getting the hp for 38-39k. Thats why im considering it.

pratyush997

Inactive
No not buying from that page. Thats the only link i found for the same comp thats all. My dad just sent me the config and the model number so i googled it.
Ive got family staying in the gulf. So thats not an issue.

So yeah im getting the hp for 38-39k. Thats why im considering it.
Grab it..

NedStark

Right off the assembly line
And I have it!
Got it for 53k ( :cry::-(:wah::banghead::pullhair: )
But it runs like a dream.
that guy told me to refrain from a total format and reinstallation. and then, there isnt much bloatware on this laptop.. so. i guess i should let it be as it is. idk :|
i dont have any graphic intensive games currently. but i'll ask around for some.. hoping to start on MP3, Battlefield, etc. for now, its just counter strike source and port royale 2.
the sound quality. is . AMAZING! the speakers work like a dream, without much distortion or anything. and for an audiophle like me, its a welcome surprise! :D
Again, thank you all for your help! (y)

desijoker

Broken In
@ nick191
Gaming continuously for 6 hrs may not show any negative things now but there will be wear and tear and life would decrease drastically. Laptops are not actually made for long hrs of gaming continuously. You can take a break every 2 hrs for high end gaming and go for a walk and come back and again start playing. This way you will save your eyes also :p
When you are gaming continuously for hrs, Air inside the laptop becomes very hot and the laptop fan cannot circulate the air in high volume. And 90C temp of CPU is not a joke. It is really bad for the CPU. Well for GPU it can handle easily till 105C..After that laptop shutdowns automatically for its safety. If you want to play high end games for hours long then better go for Alienware Mx18 which has the best cooling design or go for desktop :p. Its just an advice..

pratyush997

Inactive
And I have it!
that guy told me to refrain from a total format and reinstallation. and then, there isnt much bloatware on this laptop.. so. i guess i should let it be as it is. idk :|
i dont have any graphic intensive games currently. but i'll ask around for some.. hoping to start on MP3, Battlefield, etc. for now, its just counter strike source and port royale 2.
the sound quality. is . AMAZING! the speakers work like a dream, without much distortion or anything. and for an audiophle like me, its a welcome surprise! :D
Congrats BTW Join us owners on FB .. link in my Sig..

switch44

Broken In
And I have it!

Congrats!

nick191

Journeyman
@ nick191
Gaming continuously for 6 hrs may not show any negative things now but there will be wear and tear and life would decrease drastically. Laptops are not actually made for long hrs of gaming continuously. You can take a break every 2 hrs for high end gaming and go for a walk and come back and again start playing. This way you will save your eyes also :p
When you are gaming continuously for hrs, Air inside the laptop becomes very hot and the laptop fan cannot circulate the air in high volume. And 90C temp of CPU is not a joke. It is really bad for the CPU. Well for GPU it can handle easily till 105C..After that laptop shutdowns automatically for its safety. If you want to play high end games for hours long then better go for Alienware Mx18 which has the best cooling design or go for desktop :p. Its just an advice..

so i buy it or not ? i am talking about i7 version ! DELL can handle that much gaming ?

any one who played HIGH END GAMES(AT ULTRA or HIGH setting) for 5 or 6 HOUR constantly on 550P-S02IN please upload your CPU and GPU temp screenshot here !

desijoker

Broken In
so i buy it or not ? i am talking about i7 version ! DELL can handle that much gaming ?

any one who played HIGH END GAMES(AT ULTRA or HIGH setting) for 5 or 6 HOUR constantly on 550P-S02IN please upload your CPU and GPU temp screenshot here !

Well my info was general for all laptops. No laptop is good for 6 hrs of gaming..take a break man after few hrs..why so intensive gaming? You can play games for so long but do buy a new laptop after warranty expires :p

nick191

Journeyman
Well my info was general for all laptops. No laptop is good for 6 hrs of gaming..take a break man after few hrs..why so intensive gaming? You can play games for so long but do buy a new laptop after warranty expires :p

okay thank you my decision is same as buying S02IN

All user of S02IN kindly visit this link :-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...ling-heating-issue-solved-np550p5c-s02in.html

and give your opinion Thank you !

sanj

Broken In
guys one query....i played darksiders2 and fps drops suddenly for minute or two and then picks up but this happens only when charger is plugged in . When I run game on battery then everything works fine. So is there any solution to this ?

m havin same problem....

nick191

Journeyman
ya it will have no problem wit CS:S there is a user on FB who says "hey broz everyone here..chill kro yar..today i put my lappy on heavy testing phase..!!! played borderlands2 coop at ultra settings for 6 hours..!!! and no signs of even a fram dropped!!! so new buyers if u r worried about throttling then dont.. just go for this.. install latest new drivers and bingo u r ready to plunge into gaming!!!"

hope tat ans ur dilemma

So can you send me that fb link ? and he have i5 version or i7 ? please give reply after confirmation !

Scarface

Broken In
The 550 is a very cool laptop and i was going to buy one and when i went to the store the guy showed me the demo piece and i loved it , when he opened a new one and switched it on me and my friend noticed that the screen toward the right side edge showed some slight black areas running across the height of the screen i compared it to the demo piece and the difference was there but the sales guy wouldnt agree , he opened another piece and the fault was there and then he says it will take a month to get a new machine, so anyone about to buy the 550 should take care regarding the screen issue but i thank god for the missed oppurtunity as i got a brand new alienware m14x r2 that a guy had brought from US.

arani

whiz kid
throttling occurs only when ac adapter is plugged in..is it any shortcoming of the 90W ac adapter?? Should i get a 120W adapter to prevent throttling..somebody please explain..

I need serious help here from any S02 users.
I just opened my Computer Panel, removed a RAM and reinstalled it.

Now windows shows usable RAM as 7.16 GB instead of 8 GB. (I dont rememeber how much it showed earlier)

Can someone tell me how much RAM is shown in their system ??

ujjwal007

Lost in games
I need serious help here from any S02 users.
I just opened my Computer Panel, removed a RAM and reinstalled it.

Now windows shows usable RAM as 7.16 GB instead of 8 GB. (I dont rememeber how much it showed earlier)

Can someone tell me how much RAM is shown in their system ??

dude in mine s02 its 7.90 gb usable!!

Top Bottom