The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

aleemuddin

Right off the assembly line
So can you send me that fb link ? and he have i5 version or i7 ? please give reply after confirmation !

heres the link
*www.facebook.com/groups/NP550P5C/436406529728273/?notif_t=group_activity
but u will have to join the gropu ask pratyush abt it
and heres tat guys link
*www.facebook.com/ashitcoolrocks
Ashit Kumar

nick191

Journeyman
@nick191 - i have not bought the laptop yet... i'll buy this it month..

if you are buying S02IN then please let me know your opinion about throttling and heating issue please !

try the process in my sig

please let me join your group please

if you are buying S02IN then please let me know your opinion about throttling and heating issue please !

please let me join your group please

Thanks BRO pratyush997

slack

Hello guys :)
ive been following this thread since i bought my laptop ( s01in) in sept
i have one problem with the screen!!
it becomes dim n bright on its own...
like when watchin movies and surfing and playing limbo especially(since its a dark game)
my brightness is at 10%
it doesn get too bright like 100% brightness.. its around +/- 20% ... although it seems less u can notice it anytime it happens
i thought it was the screen gettin adjusted to the website or somethin in the beginning... but now it is annoying!!
has anybody experienced this?!
sorry for askin this again if it was discussed earlier... i hav gone thru 95pgs of this thread n found nothing about this..
does anyone hav a solution for this??

any help is appreciated :))

sanj

Broken In
throttling occurs only when ac adapter is plugged in..is it any shortcoming of the 90W ac adapter?? Should i get a 120W adapter to prevent throttling..somebody please explain..

m having same problem bro.hvnt find any solutn yet.visitd service centre but they told everything is ok in ma laptop.idk wtf is causing the problem....

Hello guys :)
ive been following this thread since i bought my laptop ( s01in) in sept
i have one problem with the screen!!
it becomes dim n bright on its own...
like when watchin movies and surfing and playing limbo especially(since its a dark game)
my brightness is at 10%
it doesn get too bright like 100% brightness.. its around +/- 20% ... although it seems less u can notice it anytime it happens
i thought it was the screen gettin adjusted to the website or somethin in the beginning... but now it is annoying!!
has anybody experienced this?!
sorry for askin this again if it was discussed earlier... i hav gone thru 95pgs of this thread n found nothing about this..
does anyone hav a solution for this??

any help is appreciated :))

I think you are running with all the bloatware still installed. The best option for you is to reinstall.

If you dont want to do that try going into the Samsung easy settings manager and disable the automatic color correction

use easy settings software or fn+f12.
I have a related query.
I formatted partitioned and reinstalled windows in my my system (without samsung easy settings ofcourse). Now the only Fn+ keys working are F5 (touchpad on/off), F6 (mute), F7&F8 (volume controls). The brightness controls (F2, F3), power control (F11) and wifi control (F12) are not working.
Is there anyway to get them work other than re-installing the bloatware ??

slack

hello guys :)
i've been following this thread since i bought my laptop (s01in) in sept
i just have one problem with my screen!!
it becomes dim bright on its own!!!
like when watchin a movie, surfing and especially while playing limbo(since its a dark game it can be noticed significantly)
my brightness is set at 10%
it doesn become bright like 100% brightness... but around +/- 20%.... it doesn seem a lot but it happens so frequently
it has become annoying now..
i thought it was the screen setting itself to the brightness of the website or something but it happens while doing everything!!!

does anyone have a solution to this ??
any help would be appreciated :))

slack

I think you are running with all the bloatware still installed. The best option for you is to reinstall.

If you dont want to do that try going into the Samsung easy settings manager and disable the automatic color correction

I have a related query.
I formatted partitioned and reinstalled windows in my my system (without samsung easy settings ofcourse). Now the only Fn+ keys working are F5 (touchpad on/off), F6 (mute), F7&F8 (volume controls). The brightness controls (F2, F3), power control (F11) and wifi control (F12) are not working.
Is there anyway to get them work other than re-installing the bloatware ??

i did a clean install as soon as i got my laptop.. didn install anythin other than the intel drivers , samsung software manager , easy settings n some games.

cant find the automatic colour correction maybe i hav to update the manager.. will do it now

ajsta

Hi guys.
I am having throttling issues when plugged into the charger playin max payne 3... When gpu temperature crosses 80 deg the gpu is severely underclocked... Is this a problem with the fan? bios? Please help...
I read somewhere that replacing the motherboard would fix the issue but convincing the customer service would be hard... They are pretty dumb here... I am from Kochi... Its also kinda hot here...

sanj

Broken In
Hi guys.
I am having throttling issues when plugged into the charger playin max payne 3... When gpu temperature crosses 80 deg the gpu is severely underclocked... Is this a problem with the fan? bios? Please help...
I read somewhere that replacing the motherboard would fix the issue but convincing the customer service would be hard... They are pretty dumb here... I am from Kochi... Its also kinda hot here...

bro i have same problem.when i play on battery there is no lag but when i plug in charger fps drops.
still tryin to find the cause.i read on a forun that its due to faulty charger connecter on motherboard.

aleemuddin

Anyone running ubuntu 12.04 on S02 (i7 version)???
cause wen i run ubuntu lappy goes into turbo mode i guess as the fan speeds up and temps hover around 70C(only wifi and programing, videos at most)... though there is no problem in win7... anyone facing the same issue... and yes the function key fn+f11 doesnt seem to do anything :(
i also noticed a beep which comes from inside the laptop(some magnet near the mobo i guess) anyway it beeps and the fan again speeds up momenterly, either this happens or the fan doesnt speed down at all and temps are around 70C
thanks guys

You have throttling problem ?

Not yet. Played Crysis 2 in 1600x900 and Hardcore setting. However the temps are near 100 deg on the CPU. I am going to make omelette on my PC :)

Anyone running ubuntu 12.04 on S02 (i7 version)???
cause wen i run ubuntu lappy goes into turbo mode i guess as the fan speeds up and temps hover around 70C(only wifi and programing, videos at most)... though there is no problem in win7... anyone facing the same issue... and yes the function key fn+f11 doesnt seem to do anything :(
i also noticed a beep which comes from inside the laptop(some magnet near the mobo i guess) anyway it beeps and the fan again speeds up momenterly, either this happens or the fan doesnt speed down at all and temps are around 70C
thanks guys
Yea, I am running ubuntu 12.04 on my system. However i have not yet noticed such a problem, which utility are you using to measure temps in Ubuntu ??

Top Bottom