The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ujjwal007

Lost in games
yipeeeee got my latpop yeahhhhhh its amazing :razz: love the sound and everything temp is 50 i cant even feel a little heat yeah awesome display sexy looks and very light weight for me yeah cant believe i got it yeahhhhh :mrgreen::wink::p:mrgreen::):twisted:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
yipeeeee got my latpop yeahhhhhh its amazing :razz: love the sound and everything temp is 50 i cant even feel a little heat yeah awesome display sexy looks and very light weight for me yeah cant believe i got it yeahhhhh :mrgreen::wink::p:mrgreen::):twisted:

congrats

Last edited by a moderator:

terrafield

Broken In
Can anyone let me know where can I buy 17 inch model (NP550P7C) in India? I can bring from US but even there 1080p is not available. Only 900p is available

sandy2kr12

Broken In
no i have made the people at acer's service center to do everything i want they even replaced the whole keyboard when only a key was not working its just the way u talk to them n ur convincing power :p

i will try to ask then but guys r u sure that 120w charger for i5 version wont coz any problem..to my lappy ???????

saaransh9

Journeyman
has any one here tried 120w on 5i p???

no its just that no one wants to spend 4K more on a charger.

n using a 120w charger will definitely not harm your laptop.just use the original from samsung n not a local one

just try to convince them that 90w causes throttling so u want to try 120w one

dexbg

Journeyman

n using a 120w charger will definitely not harm your laptop.just use the original from samsung n not a local one

Yes, plz do ..
tell them lot of other owners also have this problem and some bought 3rd party chargers of 120 W which fixed the issue.. :p ( a little white lie :D)

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
There is only one variant of 640m le and it is based on fermi architecture, 640m on the other hand is based on kepler architecture. Performance wise 640m is better than 640m le.

Nah, even 640m le is based on kepler architecture. In fact, 640m LE, 640m and 650m all have the same number of shader cores with different core clocks (former two being slightly downclocked). And therefore, 640m/le can easily be overclocked to 650m speeds while maintaining decent temps. (<80)

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!

The 120w charger costs $29 in amazon i.e ~Rs 1650, the one in ebay is being shipped from the US so it costs 4k, if the original samsung 120w is available in India I'm sure it'll cost 2 or 2.5k max....

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@sandy2kr21: wait for nvidia official drivers then you can ask 120W charger with a solid reason.
@pratyush: thats sad bro, one less samsung owner. What happen?

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@sandy2kr21: wait for nvidia official drivers then you can ask 120W charger with a solid reason.

swapnil i got my lappy today too :D i just love it just one word its awesome looks are like ultrabook awesome!!!!!!! so far i m lost!!!

pratyush997

Inactive
Something really bad in short!!!!
seriously man So many things now!!
1-throttling
2-faqin high temps...(100C- i7 and 94C-GPU while playing GTA IV)
3-below avg. performance in games..GTA iv(min-1FPS max-58 Avg. 23 FPS) and Just Cause (NO issues in Just cause 2)..
4-Dafaqin cheated...Core clock is 405 MHz it should be 735 MHz
...That should be enough for refund I think!!

PS- Underpowering CPU means "not getting what the one is paying for", So no VFM! <I just can't switch on AC just for gaming!!>

*NOTE:- I might have got a Defective lappy, That doesn't mean every Np550p5c-s0(1/2)IN is crap!!

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@ujjwal007: AWESOME bro. enjoy. And take care of it nicely.
@pratyush997; o god. bro you just increased my heartbeat. "no VFM" . And didn't you know before about core clock?

Top Bottom