The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

saaransh9

Journeyman
i got i5 :)

but im sure there's absolutly no problem with the laptop..it never heated up more then 70c even after a hour of gaming..its a beast.

hmm but when u go for a replacement ask for a 120w they wont agree first but try to console them n they will definitely give u otherwise install gta4 or BF3 n play with it there n show them the throttling n compare it with both the chargers :)

sandy2kr12

Broken In
hmm but when u go for a replacement ask for a 120w they wont agree first but try to console them n they will definitely give u otherwise install gta4 or BF3 n play with it there n show them the throttling n compare it with both the chargers :)

man i dont know how to convince them to give me 120w...i can already imagine a awkward situation :razz:

potheadninja

Broken In
^he got Stable drivers but we r still playing / beta ones :wink:

Even with beta drivers, 650m should not perform so badly. Take a look at your 3dmark11 score sheet, core clock of gpu is given as 405mhz but the stock core clock of 650m in other laptops is 675mhz. Seems like samsung has underclocked 650m in np550 series presumably to avoid overheating, so I think samsung was aware of overheating issues. It is sad that underclocking has only reduced the performance not the temperature and has brought it to the level of 640m le.

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
^he got Stable drivers but we r still playing / beta ones :wink:

I'm still on 304.79 beta verde drivers. Stable WHQL certified drivers are yet to release. And, btw my gpu maxes out at 67 c while playing Modern Warfare 2 @ 1080p. So I guess I can go a bit further on the clocks...

Also, I felt a remarkable increase in speed while using a Force 3 GT 120gb on my Vaio S15. Boots in to windows within 10 seconds. DAYUM. Any of you guys planning to go for a SSD upgrade in the near future, I'd advise you to go for either Crucial m4 or Force 3 GT (readily available). They're the best in terms of VFM and reliability at the moment.

dexbg

Journeyman
I'm still on 304.79 beta verde drivers. Stable WHQL certified drivers are yet to release. And, btw my gpu maxes out at 67 c while playing Modern Warfare 2 @ 1080p. So I guess I can go a bit further on the clocks...

Also, I felt a remarkable increase in speed while using a Force 3 GT 120gb on my Vaio S15. Boots in to windows within 10 seconds. DAYUM. Any of you guys planning to go for a SSD upgrade in the near future, I'd advise you to go for either Crucial m4 or Force 3 GT (readily available). They're the best in terms of VFM and reliability at the moment.
I wanna go for an SSD upgrade ASAP..just waiting for the lappy.

But if you've read before there is a problem with adding the additional SSD. Optical drive has to be removed. :(

pratyush997

Inactive
@potheadninja :- I'm seriously irritated after that GPU thing!!! throttling maybe of psu but GPU! ......seriously man donno have any clarifications.. I might have got Defective one!!! May all owners have all F9 one!

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
I wanna go for an SSD upgrade ASAP..just waiting for the lappy.

But if you've read before there is a problem with adding the additional SSD. Optical drive has to be removed. :(

Might be a problem with sammy. In my case, the replacement took around 5 mins...sata 3 ftw!

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
So ^ overclock it atleast to standard 640! and i'm gonna get faqin refund dude!!! Its enough!

temps.jpg

Overclocked to 975mhz core / 1100mhz memory (higher clocks than 650m). Temps after an hour of mw2 @ 1080p.
FYI: I've still not incremented the voltage.

^its SATA 2 not 3!!

It's sata III @ 6 gbps on vaio s15's HM77 chipset. You just need a compatible hdd/ssd to run at those speeds though.

saaransh9

Journeyman
man i dont know how to convince them to give me 120w...i can already imagine a awkward situation :razz:

no i have made the people at acer's service center to do everything i want they even replaced the whole keyboard when only a key was not working its just the way u talk to them n ur convincing power :p

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Wait..plz explain. Are you talking about the SSD upgrade... you got it done on a Samsung lappy ?

Nope, I upgraded from a 750gb 5400rpm sata II HDD to a 120gb Force 3 GT sata III SSD on my Sony Vaio SVS15116GN (SVS15116GN : S Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India).

Guess that explains it all...

dan4u

Took Off!!!
View attachment 6417

Overclocked to 975mhz core / 1100mhz memory (higher clocks than 650m). Temps after an hour of mw2 @ 1080p.
FYI: I've still not incremented the voltage.

Dude mw2 is a game from 2009, its not all that demanding. I played batman arkham asylum, Transformers revenge of the fallen and hawx 2, the max gpu temp was 78c in batman. try out mp3 or bf3....

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
Dude mw2 is a game from 2009, its not all that demanding. I played batman arkham asylum, Transformers revenge of the fallen and hawx 2, the max gpu temp was 78c in batman. try out mp3 or bf3....

I never said MW2 is demanding... It's the only game I currently have on my SSD, will transfer Ghost recon future soldier, MP3, Arkham City and Bf3 from my HDD soon.

Top Bottom