The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

abhishekmaha

Broken In
Re: Guys you r just awesome!

I have been closely following this thread right from 10th of July and I found it very useful. I got mine,the i5 version @ 50K(Erode,TN):razz:.This is a Monsta!

Thanks to rider,har,shaggy and everyone who convinced me to buy SAMSUNG:-D!

Samsung site posted crappy pics .. So i decided to do a photoshoot. Hope u like it .

Samsung 550P5c-SO1 IN - a set on Flickr

If u want a Hi res pic , pls ask

Hey geekk,

You got any free accessories with it?

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Can it be concluded that only i5 version of 550p has Throttling issue??

@demolisher48 ,Dan,Har,Swapnil26sps,psychopaRth

Can you (i5 owners) check whether Trottling is reduced/removed by using Throttle Stop ?

well throttlestop seems to work fine for me

No throttling at all??Is it a perfect solution??Tried gaming high on it??

demolisher48

Journeyman
Can it be concluded that only i5 version of 550p has Throttling issue??

@demolisher48 ,Dan,Har,Swapnil26sps,psychopaRth

Can you (i5 owners) check whether Trottling is reduced/removed by using Throttle Stop ?

No throttling at all??Is it a perfect solution??Tried gaming high on it??
well i am trying will tell you later tonight

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Is the throttling problem limited to the i5 or are the i7 owners facing it too?
@dan
I think that the throttling problems ceases when the laptop is run on battery (AC unplugged) because in that scenario the processor works only at its base frequency without overclocking, in order to reduce power consumption, so it results in lower temperatures and therefore no throttling...

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Dammit. I have infinite evo. Even while playing nfs hot pursuit 2010 the frames dropped from 60 to 42 just for few secs but this is happening alot. I am not so happy with this throttling as i thought it would be only in BF3 and MP3 kinda games. Or infinte evo is not good for this laptop. Temps are 80c after 1/2hr of play

guy....s...any solution for me? Or anything i could do?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@ujjwal007:its not silky smooth. i could easily see lag in the game. moreover its happening frequently, i can't enjoy game like this. and yes i have infinite evo, still temp goes to 82C,that too with nfs HP 2010. Don't know what will happen when i'll start playing FIFA13 or nfs MW 2012.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@ujjwal007:its not silky smooth. i could easily see lag in the game. moreover its happening frequently, i can't enjoy game like this. and yes i have infinite evo, still temp goes to 82C,that too with nfs HP 2010. Don't know what will happen when i'll start playing FIFA13 or nfs MW 2012.

hmm..... on 42 fps it lags???? thats ain't good!! fifa 13 will run good i hope!! r u using cooler?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
i think 42 fps is good if the monitor refesh rate is 60Hz, and most wanted 2 is going to be the most resource hungry game till date in NFS title :-|

rider

as Kratos

temperature are not too hot, my sandy bridge hp laptop reaches to max 85*C in intense gaming when coolsense is not set as in coolest mode.
Official drivers yet to come nvidia delayed so much, hope throttling issue will recover.

i think 42 fps is good if the monitor refesh rate is 60Hz, and most wanted 2 is going to be the most resource hungry game till date in NFS title :-|

Its new most wanted 2012 not most wanted 2.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@rider:hi. temps are not high but with cooling pad too its reaching 82. and temps are not problem here,as you already informed me about temps. problem is throttling,and the reason i bought cooling pad is play game smoothly. Have I done right? sad about this

rider

as Kratos
Cooling pad is not to play game smoothly its is to control excess temperature of laptop. That throttling is not because of heating, its software problem might be okay with official nvidia drivers.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
yeah..but if i'll play game,laptop's temp will rise,and for that i purchased cooling pad.
software problem...o..h. wokay..

Top Bottom