The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

RON28

Cyborg Agent
do you need to buy the original cs1.6 to play online????
or will the free downloaded work.

please don't mind the noob question....

free download version can also be played online :D but if you purchase it and play on steam...there won't be any hackers, but yes lots of PROS :D

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Just played Max Payne 3 online for more than 1 hour. Didn't throttle for a single second. Constant 45+ fps.

Non AC room, with the U3 cooling pad.

Temps.
Ambient temperature 35.
CPU max - 83.
GPU - 72.

Chill out guys. The laptop is fine. Don't listen to the people who've bought Inspirons and are trying to disregard this one on the forum just because they regret their choice. :p

pratyush997

Inactive
^^Recalibrate the battery in bios settings.....and if possible restore defaults in Easy settings if problem persists Restore system Image to Initial stage....Well I tried posting this @8AM but can't...BTW try it

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Haha I just SOLD my inspiron 15R SE lap for a loss of only near 1k :mrgreen::twisted:

Now gonna buy Samsung 550p i7 version :razz:
Hope this big decision i took wont make me regret in any sense other than the backlit(no big deal for me:p)

What say guys??

Lemme move on and buy samsung soon enuf so as to not miss the extra 1 year warranty ??:wink:

Hope samsung has good enuf service somewhere less but near dell. :|

Thanks to aaaaaaaaaall f you guyszzzz :)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Sorry. Forgot to thank everyone here. Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread,helped in finalizing i5 np550. Thank you very much guys.
One more question. How you guys play,on mains,but after removing battery or just leave the battery in laptop?

This thread started on 6th july,thanks to rider. Today is 22 july and alot of np550 owners. Is there any laptop(only on TDF) which got so many owners in this short time? Anyway how many total owners now?

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Anyway how many total owners now?

+1 to this :mrgreen:

Swapnil26sps said:
How you guys play,on mains,but after removing battery or just leave the battery in laptop?
better leave battery inside laptop and play on mains..battery has some circuits which keep laptop safe from varying voltage n all (i read somewhere)

Guys how is Cooler Master NotePal L1 Cooling Pad for 550p for a budget near 1k ?
A guy wrote the review in FK pasted in below spoiler ...
stressing on point (1) he mentioned ,how is this cooling pad for 550p?

by Karan Kumar
01 May 12

I've bought 2 laptop coolers this past month and have been doing a lot of research on how(and if at all) these things really work and which one would be best for your needs. The cooler master L1 is a great product and it will reduce the operating temperature of your laptop by a couple of degrees but i'd just like to make a small checklist about how to buy a laptop cooler which is perfect for your needs.

1. Identify the "hot-spots": Look on the underside of your laptop. Where all do you see vents. Where are the areas you feel the laptop burning up. Do you know where the fan is? Figure out where exactly the hot-spots are and find a cooler that has fans at/near those locations. If you have a laptop that has vents on the top-right and your cooler has fans on the bottom-left it's really not going to be as useful as you'd like. If there's no cooler that has fans where your hot-spots are, buy one that has movable fans (Cooler Master U2/U3)

2. Where do you most use your laptop: On your lap/on the desk/on a bed. You need a cooler that's comfortable. Wherever you're going to be using your machine. If you're a lap user, look for ones that have cushioning on the bottom or who's fans blades don't protrude. If you need a cooler with more adjustable angles and inclining options, or with a stand, those are available too.

3. Size: Obviously dont go buy a cooler for a 14" laptop if the one you're using is 17" or even vice versa

4. Frills: Do you want a cooler that doubles up as a portable set of speakers. Look at models from logitech if you do. Do you like shiny blue lights coming out from the bottom, then you can look at models that sport those. This would be a very low priority though.

Tally all the above 4 options and there's surely going to be a cooler that fits your needs. For me it was the Cooler Master X-Slim. Whats yours?!

sj2202

Broken In
Sorry for replying late,was on a Naruto Spree since morning!! :-D

What about g300

Nopes,I wanted a mouse like the MX518,and since G400 is its successor,then I guess its the best choice. :)

Great mouse and mat choice . Why would you refuse the bag , its free . I have the u3 but id suggest go for u2 as u3 can hardly be called portable . U2 is just prefect for this laptop .

Ummm...well...if the shopkeeper is charging extra for the bag then I'll reject it...otherwise I'm ok.. :oops:
But my point is that even though I get that bag for free,I don't think that it would be that good space wise and quality wise.That's why I am asking for suggestion.
Ok,I'll go with the U2 then.. :)
I was getting a bit confused between single(BIG) fan and 2(small) fans cooler..

me too :D only a cs 1.6 freak can identify other freaks :D

Absolutely!!.. :-D

psychopaRth

Right off the assembly line
Just played Max Payne 3 online for more than 1 hour. Didn't throttle for a single second. Constant 45+ fps.

Non AC room, with the U3 cooling pad.

Temps.
Ambient temperature 35.
CPU max - 83.
GPU - 72.

Chill out guys. The laptop is fine. Don't listen to the people who've bought Inspirons and are trying to disregard this one on the forum just because they regret their choice. :p

What the heck dude!!!! I too have NP550 ... room temp is now 26 C...
CPU max - 94
GPU max - 91
played Ghost Recon future soldier.... works only for 10 min ... then the FPS comes down to 5-6 ..... res 1366*768 all setting low ...throttles like hell.... n yes i have U3 cooling pad... :-x :-x

sj2202

Broken In
What the heck dude!!!! I too have NP550 ... room temp is now 26 C...
CPU max - 94
GPU max - 91
played Ghost Recon future soldier.... works only for 10 min ... then the FPS comes down to 5-6 ..... res 1366*768 all setting low ...throttles like hell.... n yes i have U3 cooling pad... :-x :-x

You have the i5 or i7?
Are you playing on AC power or battery?

Top Bottom