The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
Price in Bangalore is much higher then other cities .

From Samsung Plaza, Forum Mall, Koramangala-
My i7 one cost me Rs 61689 (With Side Bag Pack, 1 Yr Extended Warranty,Wireless Logitech Mouse{m185}, Stereo headset{Audio-technica- Rs 1799}). I bargained there for 1.5 hr :-(

Anyone heard about Audio-technica brand for headset. Samsung dealer told me this brand made first headset . Since 1962 as per the catalog . :rolleyes:

Thanks its i7.
i thought nokia or motorola made 1st handset... Btw u worked a lot! 1.5 hr and ended up @61k cool

abhishekmaha

Broken In
he said "headset", not "handset"....:wink:

Does anybody know which AMD processor is nearest in performance to the i5-3210 ?? It would probably be cheaper than intel....:-o:-o

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Does anybody know which AMD processor is nearest in performance to the i5-3210 ?? It would probably be cheaper than intel....:-o:-o

I think that the i5-3210M is slightly faster than the fastest AMD processor, the AMD A10-4600M.

I dunno about the price but I think that the AMD will be considerably cheaper, just like AMD GPU's are much cheaper than their similarly performing NVIDIA counterparts. For example, the AMD HD6770M is approximately similar in performance to the NVIDIA GT555M, which is much more expensive; but the AMD HD6770M costs more or less the same as a NVIDIA GT540M, which has much lower performance! But NVIDIA's opmitus technology is much better than its rival AMD's enduro technology...

But guys, any word on throttling problems on the i7 version due to the 90 Watt power adapter, because I ordered mine today (technically its yesterday ;-)) at a local Samsung store for 500.
Dan, can you clarify this please???

Last edited:

ToxicSerpentz

Broken In
While I understand that this laptop offers great value for money,would you suggest waiting for a windows 8 enabled laptop which would come with a touchscreen and a gesture control trackpad among other changes.
Since it is too early to say anything, can someone take a guess at what the price structure is expected to be like?

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Got mine yesterday with just the bag and 2 years warranty for 56.7k.:hyper:

Didn't want any of the crappy accessories these dealers throw in just to inflate the price. :-x

Xbox controller and Max Payne 3 should be home by morning. Followed by a wireless mouse and a decent pair of headphones :mrgreen:

THIS LAPTOP IS AMAZING ! :cool:

Can anyone please tell me which driver enables the function keys. I installed my Win7 but can't able to figure out which s/w is needed for this.

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
And @whoever was worried about FIFA 12 crashing when you switch tabs, it isn't an issue with the laptop/GPU, but with the game itself. I think it came with the last patch or whatever. :)

Don't know about Max Payne. Will install it tomorrow. The order arrived but I wasn't at home, so my neighbors took at and they were asleep by the time I got back. :-x

terrafield

Broken In
Price in Bangalore is much higher then other cities .

From Samsung Plaza, Forum Mall, Koramangala-
My i7 one cost me Rs 61689 (With Side Bag Pack, 1 Yr Extended Warranty,Wireless Logitech Mouse{m185}, Stereo headset{Audio-technica- Rs 1799}). I bargained there for 1.5 hr :-(

Anyone heard about Audio-technica brand for headset. Samsung dealer told me this brand made first headset . Since 1962 as per the catalog . :rolleyes:

Thanks its i7.

Audio-Technica is one of the audiophile brand in headphones but you can't extract much from Laptop's DAC. If you use external DAC then you can benefit the high quality audio. Can you tell me the exact model number? Is it a headset-mic or plain headphone? You see more reviews in Head-Fi forum. Audio-Technica headphones have good respect in Head-Fi

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Got mine yesterday with just the bag and 2 years warranty for 56.7k.:hyper:

Didn't want any of the crappy accessories these dealers throw in just to inflate the price. :-x

Xbox controller and Max Payne 3 should be home by morning. Followed by a wireless mouse and a decent pair of headphones :mrgreen:

THIS LAPTOP IS AMAZING ! :cool:

Hey dude can u tell me which controller and wireless mouse u ordered for it? Links plz. :-D:mrgreen::mrgreen::wink::-o:p

A warmRequest to all the 550P owners post some games benchmarks and pros and cons :)

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
While I understand that this laptop offers great value for money,would you suggest waiting for a windows 8 enabled laptop

i'll give you the same reply that anyone would give, wait if you can. buy if you really want now.

which would come with a touchscreen and a gesture control trackpad among other changes.
Since it is too early to say anything, can someone take a guess at what the price structure is expected to be like?

if such a machine was built in 2012, that would definitely come with a premium price tag.

i'm not sure if you are really aware of the waiting period. if win 8 is released in october end, that is 3 months from now, a full-fledged refresh of models would take atleast 5 months in India and even more if at all there are any drastic hardware changes that you are expecting and you would have to wait for few more months for the prices of the fresh tech to come down.

and let me tell you, i have heard the exact same questions about touchscreen laptops and replacement of mouse and keyboard things etc and hardware changes when win 7 was about to be released and after 3 years you see where we are now.

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Hey dude can u tell me which controller and wireless mouse u ordered for it? Links plz. :-D:mrgreen::mrgreen::wink::-o:p

A warmRequest to all the 550P owners post some games benchmarks and pros and cons :)

Its the standard Microsoft XBOX wired controller. Cost me 1800 Rupees.

The wireless mouse I'm still deciding which one to opt for. I'll most probably buy the Logitech M185. Costs around 650 Rupees.

Installing Max Payne 3 :cool:

4 DVD's :-x

Here are the links btw. :)

*www.flipkart.com/logitech-m-185-wireless-mouse/p/itmd2tgqgvf8pxxv?pid=ACCD5Y4GTUDF2M5R

*nextworld.in/product.aspx?sku=HW7875

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
Finally Got my Samsung Lappy Hurreyyyy:high5::thumbs:
Congrats Man !!

While I understand that this laptop offers great value for money,would you suggest waiting for a windows 8 enabled laptop which would come with a touchscreen and a gesture control trackpad among other changes.
In the world of electronics and technology, the more you wait, the better you get. Thats the die hard rule. Now, the expected arrival of Win 8 is expected to be Jan'12 in India, so most probably the laptops enabled with it will come around Feb end - March. And you cant be sure of the hardware of it (the touchscreen control) whether it'll be a success or a failure. God, you even dont know whether win 8 will follow the XP pursuit or Vista detour. So, well, practically speaking, if you are just waiting for Win 8 to be launched, then I would say DONT. But well if you dont need a new laptop at the moment and can surely wait till next year Feb-March, then you shouldnt hustle now and wait for the new technology developments.

Got mine yesterday with just the bag and 2 years warranty for 56.7k.
THats awesome price man !! Congrats.

Totally a clever choice. Its the best. Chose accessories of the companies and models which you want and not be limited to what the dealers provide.

Top Bottom