The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Has anyone installed the new beta drivers from Nvidia yet?

And guys, rate and review this beast on sites like flipkart.

Spread the word. :cool:

The pic on flipkart is such an ugly one lol. Don't know where they got that from. :|

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
hey guys can any of you tell abt display........i know it has higher resolution.......what abt contrast n black level......pls it wud be helpful to many if u take some photos of the screen with dark n some colourful wallpapers....

Contrast and black levels are A-W-E-S-O-M-E
If u browse back 2 or 3 pages you will see I posted a flicker link, there are 2 pics of the screen there, let me know if they are of any help
*www.flickr.com/photos/82492404@N06/7555647622/in/photostream/

eduku said:
But guys, any word on throttling problems on the i7 version due to the 90 Watt power adapter, because I ordered mine today (technically its yesterday ;-)) at a local Samsung store for 500.
no throttling issues yet played MP3 for 2 hours at high settings at 1600x900 with VSync on

Can anyone please tell me which driver enables the function keys. I installed my Win7 but can't able to figure out which s/w is needed for this.

The actual software is called easy settings which you can install after you install easy software manager as dan said

But not seeing any new Game Benchmarking pics and results here !! :|
Thats sad !!

Tell me the benchmarking software and how to do it and the games I need, and I'll be glad to post the results, I'm kind of new to these things

Has anyone installed the new beta drivers from Nvidia yet?
The pic on flipkart is such an ugly one lol. Don't know where they got that from. :|

Yeah I had installed the beta one 304.79, but after FIFA12 crashes I reverted back to the default one, will install the beta again, I guess the problem lies within the game.

And I posted the pics only because the flipkart pics were ugly!!

there you go:
*www.flickr.com/photos/82492404@N06/7555647622/in/photostream/

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
did a fraps benchmark of NFS hot pursuit, at full settings, got a constant 60 fps:).......
*i46.tinypic.com/2lb041f.jpg

*i46.tinypic.com/3008a34.jpg

*i46.tinypic.com/35l96a8.jpg

*i46.tinypic.com/witxdd.png

will install Max Payne 3 by evening and do bench marks again

Last edited:

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
What sort of benchmarks do you want to see apart from the ones already posted on this thread? :)

I bought the i7 one two days ago.

Before some 'real world' testing...I'd like you to do some stress testing first.
Run Prime 95 and Furmark for at least 15-20 mins (at different instances) and record your temps using Core temp/Real temp/HW monitor and would suggest msi afterburner for the gpu..

Edit: You can usi MSI Kombuster, which is installed with Afterburner for testing the gpu.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ DOn't even think about running furmark. -_- My r6850 cyclone got screwed along with my psu because of it and is now at RMA -_- (Ran it for just 5 minutes)

And kombustor is the same as furmark(Haven't used it but it looks the same). They stress out the hardware too much. way beyond what is safe. And any real life application can never stress out the hardware to that extent.

Stick to 3dmark and uniengine heaven

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
^ DOn't even think about running furmark. -_- My r6850 cyclone got screwed along with my psu because of it and is now at RMA -_- (Ran it for just 5 minutes)

And kombustor is the same as furmark(Haven't used it but it looks the same). They stress out the hardware too much. way beyond what is safe. And any real life application can never stress out the hardware to that extent.

Stick to 3dmark and uniengine heaven

I've ran Furmark and Prime95 for 2-3 hours to test the stability of my overclocked setup...MSI 580 never crosses 80 c and i7 930 @ 4ghz stays under 75 c.

Before some 'real world' testing...I'd like you to do some stress testing first.
Run Prime 95 and Furmark for at least 15-20 mins (at different instances) and record your temps using Core temp/Real temp/HW monitor and would suggest msi afterburner for the gpu..

Edit: You can usi MSI Kombuster, which is installed with Afterburner for testing the gpu.

Keep a constant check on ur temps...and immediately close the apps if the temps are too damn high in your case.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Well maybe you have got very high end setup then.

Google around a bit and you will see just how many people have gotten screwed by furmark(including me). And btw temps were not an issue in my case. My r6850 didn't cross 72 degrees. but it still got bricked.

prime95 is fine.
Furmark= known gpu killer/troublemaker in a lot of cases.

I'm saying this from experience. Just a warning since this happened to me and don't really want it to happen to anyone else. Anyone is free to try though.

rishab.arora

Right off the assembly line
Since you want a laptop for your gaming requirements, Samsung will be the best choice, its got much better GPU than the lenovo (Samsung got the Nvidea 650M while lenovo has its 630M). And if you are afraid of the heating issue, you must have read in this thread too that Ivy Bridge laptops often heat quite much. Anything below 90 is fine though they even go to 105. So, I dont think there is any issue in the laptop.

IMO, you should definitely go for this samsung one.

thanx a lot... yeah there is no doubt that this laptop is better than lenovo 1 but how is samsung as a laptop company??.. i mean its relatively new in this market...how is after purchase services??

imrock

Broken In
i too live in delhi..so any one interested in group buying with in one week from nehru place...?

im from delhi too, want to buy the i7, plz pm me the details, btw i went to nehru plc yesterday n was getting a deal for 57.5k from 2-3 stores, how much more cheaper can we get in group buying??

Top Bottom