The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Ashish247

Journeyman
@shaggy and har:- Can you guys post some temperatures for the same game?
I also read at some site that Hyperthreading hinders gaming, which would mean i5 is better for games than i7? Is it true?
Do you guys use a cooling pad?

vigneshn92

Broken In
Guys in bangalore who want to get the samsung 550p , go to golcha ccomputers in sp road.very reliable guy , has some ISO certification for his shop and all! quotes 58k but can reduce it to 57k !

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
So, well I was going through the Li-ion battery charging procedure in wikipedia where I came across the heading of "Prolonging battery life" where in one points it states that "The rate of degradation of Lithium-ion batteries is strongly temperature-dependent; they degrade much faster if stored or used at higher temperatures."

So is playing games for a long time and making the laptop heat up good for long life of battery ?

Also if anyone says that the laptop body doesnt gets hot, only the air vents and so on then I would probably state that when the air vents heats up, so does the bottom air vents and areas around it. And the battery heats up too. You can check it next time. So, is that temperature tolerable ? Or is it advisable not to play games for longer runs in laptops ?

I am just asking for general knowledge coz I am sure that people around here, like me, are more interested in enjoying the games than to prolonging the battery life. But still, its better to know what things are happening when we are doing something, right ?

Yooo! Finalized deal w/ a local dealer for this lappy for 58k ......
So is this price good?
Yep... as already said by many, anything below 60k is good. And i guess most of the people here have brought for 58k itself.

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
^^what if we remove battery while on AC power and play games.. I heard that it reduces temps.

Well.. might be. But again we all know, and is always advisable that we should abuse the battery and putting the battery in and out is one of the ways of abusing. Tell me, if I am wrong ?

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
^^didn't got ur point

What I meant was, its not advisable to take out your battery in and out quite frequently, as it may tamper the battery. So if you take out battery and always use AC power for playing, which means, you are taking out battery everyday (?) or quite frequently. But thats not a good practice too.

rishab.arora

Right off the assembly line
Lenovo Z Series Z580 59-339355 or Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN... which 1 to buy??...both available below 60k... specs-wise samsung is better but reading the thread...n abt the problems of heating...i am confused...
P.s- i play games for arnd 3-4 hours daily..

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
Lenovo Z Series Z580 59-339355 or Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN... which 1 to buy??...both available below 60k... specs-wise samsung is better but reading the thread...n abt the problems of heating...i am confused...

Since you want a laptop for your gaming requirements, Samsung will be the best choice, its got much better GPU than the lenovo (Samsung got the Nvidea 650M while lenovo has its 630M). And if you are afraid of the heating issue, you must have read in this thread too that Ivy Bridge laptops often heat quite much. Anything below 90 is fine though they even go to 105. So, I dont think there is any issue in the laptop.

IMO, you should definitely go for this samsung one.

pratyush997

Inactive
grab sammy ! Way better than lenovo

ujjwal007

Lost in games
prices are excluding tax

Oh yeah man :/

Personally, I myself love HP quite a lot. But since HP is ignoring its customers and isnt upto the mark as its competitors are, I dont think there is any more logic of being loyal to it. And in no manner Samsung's product is a "no". Thats absurd.

As DVD drives are to DVDs, same goes with Blu-ray drives to blu-ray discs.
Here is what you need

Google is your friend, man.

Ty friend i tried it not getting exact answer thts why i asked...i always use google before post any query and i use google only before i founded this forum..like i googled for infos. 3-4 hours a day me and google are best friends before :) yeah we are still friends but looking forward to become friend with tdf lol :d:mrgreen::oops::wink::lol: ty much appericiated :)

Price in Bangalore is much higher then other cities .

From Samsung Plaza, Forum Mall, Koramangala-
My i7 one cost me Rs 61689 (With Side Bag Pack, 1 Yr Extended Warranty,Wireless Logitech Mouse{m185}, Stereo headset{Audio-technica- Rs 1799}). I bargained there for 1.5 hr :-(

Anyone heard about Audio-technica brand for headset. Samsung dealer told me this brand made first headset . Since 1962 as per the catalog . :rolleyes:

congrats i5 or i7

Thanks its i7.

aarvi

Broken In
hey guys can any of you tell abt display........i know it has higher resolution.......what abt contrast n black level......pls it wud be helpful to many if u take some photos of the screen with dark n some colourful wallpapers....

Top Bottom