The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
There will be no laptop with GTX 660M and for 55k impossible, bro. Everyone should satisfy with whatever he has, for this I would like to say it's the deal of the moment buy it or forget it.

True. And HP priced the dv6 with the 630M at 60k.

No way you'll get the 650M from them along with these specs (8GB RAM, 900p display, 1 TB HDD, blu ray) at this price.

Samsung has priced this low since its desperate to get a market share, and because it manufactures a lot of the components themselves.

CHITRANSH

Broken In
Tell me the name of shop where you are getting?
If that laptop is available for 58k, its a nice deal.. better to a bargain for 57k.

BM Computers ,Sanjay Place,Agra.
They have a model for display too; I am a newbie with laptops, so I can't really say anything about built Quality.
Will this laptop be good with win 8 that save its state on HDD(at least that what i have heard) ; no SSD

rider

as Kratos
BM Computers ,Sanjay Place,Agra.
They have a model for display too; I am a newbie with laptops, so I can't really say anything about built Quality.
Will this laptop be good with win 8 that save its state on HDD(at least that what i have heard) ; no SSD

First tell me the reason to buy such an expensive laptop. It's a high end entertainment laptop which will smoothly play all new games in medium or high settings. Yes, you can upgrade for windows 8 for 300 bucks after the launch by registering on microsoft website. HDD is very big 1 TB.

daksh

Journeyman
Its the best you can get till 80k or so I guess hence no regrets.
I just hope it doesnt throttle. Im planning on buying it in the next 2-3 days . Will post a detailed review with pics and all :) But before me buying I need a heads up on throttling issue else ill be forced to play safe with 15rse :\

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast

No way you'll get the 650M from them along with these specs (8GB RAM, 900p display, 1 TB HDD, blu ray) at this price.

Samsung has priced this low since its desperate to get a market share, and because it manufactures a lot of the components themselves.

Thats Exactly what I Think!!! :lol:

CHITRANSH

Broken In
First tell me the reason to buy such an expensive laptop. It's a high end entertainment laptop which will smoothly play all new games in medium or high settings. Yes, you can upgrade for windows 8 for 300 bucks after the launch by registering on microsoft website. HDD is very big 1 TB.

I'm electrical 3rd yr student.
so circuits smulation,mild gaming(diablo 3 :fencing::fencing:),matlab,Video Encoding; want it to use at least 4 years

OP
har

har

In the zone
@funny--A trillion thanks for the pics !! :razz: Its looks AWESOME !! :cool:

Sad you couldnt do a review though :-(

Its 699 bucks not 300 :p

@funny--BTW did you look at the power adaptor you received ? Was it 90W ?

arani

whiz kid
@funny

where in hyderabad did u buy d laptop? I'll be shifting 2 hyderabad after a week or two..also can u please ask about the price of the i5 variant?

Last edited:

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
@har : Its 9am, how many times have you already called the guy????:lol::lol::lol::-D

why am i not able to see funny's pictures :O ..just shows his post.. no image display :(

If its a slow connection then wait for it. It will show.

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
har said:
Lol :p Twice actually. He's getting really irritated :lol: He said he'll call me :p

My guy's saying its still in transit, might reach at noon. But I didn't order it yet, he thinks I did!
:twisted:

pranavgoel

Broken In
Finally bought this laptop on Sunday at Hyderabad, I am now in hometown, dint even use it properly. :(

Edit: Btw I purchased the i7 version. It costs Rs.62K, got it for Rs.61K at Hyderabad. Its JBL speakers are amazing, fabulous.. no words to explain. Very nice looks also :D

Hello where you bought it in hyderabad.

Ashish247

Journeyman
Hi guys
I am new to this forum and a newbie in gaming/performance laptops, I have an acer aspire cure2duo lapy right now and want to buy a new one(a gaming one) soon. When I read the thread on dell 15r se I thought my search ended but here again I'm a little confused. 650 m is certainly far better than hd7730m(read in this forum itself) but the problem is with brands. Dell i know is a very good brand and has improved in last 2 years but I am not very sure about samsung. None of my friends have it(as a laptop). So if anyone has used it, I'd like to know their views.
Also @ Har- What's the price of you samsung 5 np550p? and if anyone knows whats the price of the i7 version? my budget is around 55k (plus minus 2k).
I need the laptop for designing purpose both 2d and 3d, photoshop, gaming., movies. Weight is not an issue(no i dont want desktops), and a descent battery life.:)
Also I did not find the 5 np550p on samsung's website, so if anyone can provide a link? that'd be great. :)

rider

as Kratos

lol, good to see you are repeating my quotes in this thread. thanks

:lol:

UPDATE:Will get it today 3PM :-D

5 hours of pain. :wink:

Top Bottom