The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Thanks everyone !!! :) the laptop comes only with a bag, all the other stuff was given by the dealer except the mouse, he gave me a wired mouse I wanted a wireless one so paid 600 extra n got a belkin m250.....the laptop alone cost Rs 50500/-

will do benchmarks by tonight...its real vfm guys :) the screen at 1600x900 is just beautiful to look at:doublethumb:

I did the 3Dmark11 benchmark here's the link NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3210M Processor,SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. SAMSUNG_NP1234567890 score: P2279 3DMarks Got P2279

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Thanks everyone !!! :) the laptop comes only with a bag, all the other stuff was given by the dealer except the mouse, he gave me a wired mouse I wanted a wireless one so paid 600 extra n got a belkin m250.....the laptop alone cost Rs 50500/-

will do benchmarks by tonight...its real vfm guys :) the screen at 1600x900 is just beautiful to look at:doublethumb:

I did the 3Dmark11 benchmark here's the link NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3210M Processor,SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. SAMSUNG_NP1234567890 score: P2279 3DMarks Got P2279

Congratz dan ...:razz:
and awesome pics buddy :)
have fun withe beautiful beast :twisted::mrgreen:

sj2202

Broken In
Hello everyone,
I am desperately moving from one forum to another in search of a good laptop(My first ever :lol:).
I was about to buy the dell inspiron 17r SE(64k) but then I saw this.
I am very much confused now.:-?
My biggest concern is quality and warranty.
I may not be able to buy another laptop in 3-4 years. :-(
What should I do?
Should I go for the 17r(because of DDR5 GPU and Accidental Damage protection) or should I go with samsung?
Any help will be acknowledged.. :razz:

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
I've to admit, this looks awesome in real pics. I wonder why Samsung placed those crap pics on their website. Difference between those pics and these pics is day and night. Congrats dan4u, I've recieved my Dell just now.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hello everyone,
I am desperately moving from one forum to another in search of a good laptop(My first ever :lol:).
What should I do?
Should I go for the 17r(because of DDR5 GPU and Accidental Damage protection) or should I go with samsung?

What are your primary needs with priorities?
And even though the GPU in Samsung is DDR3, but still faster than 7730M of 15r.

Ashish247

Journeyman
Final word..
15r SE or Sammy 5 550p?
Considering all aspects
@har:- are there any issues at all with your laptop? heating? throttling? lags? etc etc..(hoping to hear a NO.!) :razz:

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Ashish247 said:
Final word..
15r SE or Sammy 5 550p?
Considering all aspects
@har:- are there any issues at all with your laptop? heating? throttling? lags? etc etc..(hoping to hear a NO.!) :razz:

Sammy 550 yaar...anytime!

shaggy

sj2202 said:
Hello everyone,
What should I do?

17r se : screen bigger but not better in resolution, 650M GPU clock definitely better but not by a very large margin, 1kg heavier,speakers(Wave Maxx Audio) good but not better than those in Samsung, damage protection
Samsung NP550 : screen awesome(smaller but more resolution, hence clarity), speakers(JBL) more than awesome,
no damage protection, better CPU, Bluray, more RAM, price cheaper by 8k(50.5k for i5 and 57k for i7)
:razz:

BTW I think it looks better too!
:-D
And the guy(dealer) told me that all high range samsung laptops that he has sold till date very rarely needed repairs or faced problems. I dunno but something told me he was not lying.

Ashish247

Journeyman
@shaggy:- you have the i7 version? does it have a blue-ray drive?
Edit:- Sorry, got my answer.. it does have a a blue-ray drive. PEACE, I've found my machine :)

shaggy

Ashish247 said:
@shaggy:- you have the i7 version? does it have a blue-ray drive?

Of course it has! I don't have it yet, will buy it tomorrow, but tested it out at the shop today, and then booked it!
:p

OP
har

har

In the zone
Final word..
15r SE or Sammy 5 550p?
Considering all aspects

Absolutely NO problems bro. Crysis 2 no problems. played asassins creed 2 at ultra for 1 hour at constant 60fps :-D No throttling,no temp problems. SO A BIG NO to your question :-D It doesnt somehow go beyond 60fps whether at low or high :-?

shaggy

@Ashish : great decision! Happy buying! :razz:

gunner_kanishk said:
Someone please game extensively on the i7 version and tell us about any overheating/throttling issues if they exist.

:mrgreen:

Does 2 hours of MAX PAYNE 3 at high settings count as being extensive?
I can do that tomorrow if you want.
:)

OP
har

har

In the zone
My dealer also told me samsung laptops are one of the most reliable. He was also dead against dell. Said quality in the last 1 year deteriorated. Last years XPS was a microwave oven !!

Ashish247

Journeyman
Absolutely NO problems bro. Crysis 2 no problems. played asassins creed 2 at ultra for 1 hour at constant 60fps :-D No throttling,no temp problems. SO A BIG NO to your question :-D It doesnt somehow go beyond 60fps whether at low or high :-?

Too Good..!! Thanx :)

does 2 hours of max payne 3 at high settings count as being extensive?
I can do that tomorrow if you want.
:)

asap..!! :-d

shaggy

Ashish247 said:
OH, Sweet..!! I'll get it in 10 days after I return from Kolkata.

You are in kolkata? Eastern Logica in Chandni Chowk has it on display from today 3pm(I was there when they put it! :razz:), you can steal a glimpse tomorrow before I snatch it!

har said:
Waiting !! :wink:

Me too!

Top Bottom