The risk of downloading copyright material from internet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitraark

Decrepit
Torrents are definitely slower than Filehosts , but that argument is useless considering our country;s situation with the Internet , people hardly have anything mpre than a 1mbps uncapped plan.

I say go with Private torrents , i have been using them , the very best of them actually do not cost anything if you just manage to find the invite and work to seed . Verified cntent , somewhat safer from legal issues and good speed , most maxx out your plan.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I say go with Private torrents , i have been using them , the very best of them actually do not cost anything if you just manage to find the invite and work to seed . Verified cntent , somewhat safer from legal issues and good speed , most maxx out your plan.

Quite true. I agree with this.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^ There is no harm in giving names of torrent sites unless we are giving the direct link to the copyrighted materials. It's upto the user to download legal content or otherwise.

just my 2 cents.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^^ In context on "dowloading copyrighted materials" and having a link posted in the subject, it's not the best combination to be fair.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I used MTNL net connection 256kbps :( but closed it......... As could not afford to pay 700 PM....

Now my cablewala provide 512 @ around 400 but I don't have PC..... :)

Zindagi accha majak kar leti hai.......

anarchy0x

In the zone
Aren't there softwares which let you download from torrent & allow you to be untraeable? I knew a guy who did that.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@monsursound: Read the EULA...while installing softwares & games...

u can download what u wish but u cannot sell it to make profit.which is risky

& use of pirated stuff in big companies is a no no :grin:

well how to find if its a private tracker?

just check the info tab in utorrent (DHT will be disabled)

rsk11584

Journeyman
i am using torrents both public & private from past many years and getting good seeds and downloaded many movies but recently one big public torrent site got blocked from past 4-5 months and another very very big site which hosted all the softwares , ebooks, it was like mother of all pirated softwares worth thousands of dollars were available there , that site also got closed some 6-7 months ago. Those two were my fav sites still now i am a member of many pvt trackers but now i dont download much,,

In india & pak no risk but in US and other countries there is, heard from people that automatically you get warning through emails etc. thats why whenever my sister in US wants some pirated book , she sends me RS link and i download it and email her, i think even u cant download pirated RS links in US. All cities have pirated CD / DVD markets and Police does nothing, which is well known to all of us..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@monsursound: Read the EULA...while installing softwares & games...

u can download what u wish but u cannot sell it to make profit.which is risky

& use of pirated stuff in big companies is a no no :grin:

just check the info tab in utorrent (DHT will be disabled)

DHT on/off is manual. The tracker file does not control that. It is the client, which is controlled via the user.

To know if it is a PT, you would have to enable "tracker" in the client UI, and look up the tracker name online.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i have seen even reputable companies using pirated software and CBTs which are bypassed by audits ...defeating the whole purpose.....so what the big deal when its done at home.

mitraark

Decrepit
I download copyright material on daily basis. No risk at all.

Correction.

I download copyright material on daily basis. Have Not felt any risk at all till now.

I know it's near to impossible but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom