Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Dear Friends!

Petrol in Pakistan Rs. 17 per liter
Malaysia Rs .18 per liter
In India it's Rs. 48 per lit er

Why this difference in Asia itself? World Market CRUDE Oil is not the reason for this. It's all Gain for private owners? As we are the public, or Common Man as R.K.Laxman would have said, we have to raise our voice, let's raise thru Emails.

Forward this to all Indians who care.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF
PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD
CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES. THEREFORE "TU E SDAY MAY 22nd " HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH AFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 22nd A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

We forward so many junk email to many of our friends, now let us doit for some useful cause to cut down the price of the petrol.. ....

REMEMBER: MAY 22nd 2007

Source: An email from dad.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ I saw this message posted on orkut some months back. I sent it to all my friends but I dont think anybody paid any heed:D
Anyways my tank is full so no petrol for me in the coming days.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Actually i get angry from the fact that Petrol is expensive compare to what people pay in other countries

Considering it costs 3.xx$ for 4 litres of petrol(gas);) in US
1.xx$ something for 1 litre petrol in Australia
and including that he posted
Petrol in Pakistan Rs. 17 per litre
Malaysia Rs .18 per litre

Considering it is easy to earn those $ or rupees, the Petrol is way to expensive in India. Govt chareges to much excise AND sales tax :(

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ dont know about Aus. but US also has some gas-wells from where i can draw some petrol and use it.
India is way behind in this race although the ONGC discovered some oil rigs last year.

And when it comes to Pak and Malaysia maybe eagle is right. Who knows bout those UAE people.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Petrol in the UAE costs less than mineral water! You can fill a car gas tank for less than Dhs 55 (almost Rs 615) in UAE. :D It's even cheap in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Dirt cheap.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
drgrudge said:
Petrol in the UAE costs less than mineral water! You can fill a car gas tank for less than Dhs 55 (almost Rs 615) in UAE. :D It's even cheap in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Dirt cheap.
You from Dubai. Therefore you have replied here. You know the rates of Petrol, etc. there.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
i have been to a trip to Cochin Refinery and when they told us the final cost of petrol at refinery i was shocked ..they told it comes out to be 10.5 Rs per litre..it is the b*****d govt that levies so much tax !!!

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
esumitkumar said:
i have been to a trip to Cochin Refinery and when they told us the final cost of petrol at refinery i was shocked ..they told it comes out to be 10.5 Rs per litre..it is the b*****d govt that levies so much tax !!!

:shock:

Well once in the newspaper it was written that a flight to Delhi from where i don't remeber costs Rs. 7! But due to tax it becomes Rs. 500 or 1000

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
drgrudge said:
Same goes for Australia. Petrol is cheaper than to buy Mineral water from Market and petrol has daily price like Gold. This is what my cousin in Aus told me few yrs back :)

You are right, Indian Govt chareges to much Excise and Sales Tax like i said in my first post :(

blackpearl

The Devil
The Unknown said:
Dear Friends!

Petrol in Pakistan Rs. 17 per liter
Malaysia Rs .18 per liter
In India it's Rs. 48 per lit er

Well, even after that Indian oil companies are making a loss of about Rs 160 crores per day!! And in the current year Indian public sector oil companies are likely to lose Rs 50,000 crores for selling fuel below cost!! Don't believe it? Read this:

"At current price levels, while IOC is losing Rs 85 crore a day on the sale of all four products petrol, diesel, cooking gas, and kerosene -the companies together would be losing close to Rs 150-160 crore a day." Oil companies are incurring a loss of Rs 5.24 per liter of petrol, Rs 4.40 on diesel, Rs 14.67 on kerosene and Rs 167 per cylinder of LPG"

*iocl.com/displaynews.aspx?file_name=med1814&fol_name=Media

Public sector oil companies are likely to incur a loss of Rs 50,000 crore (Rs 500 billion) in the current fiscal on selling fuel below cost, Indian Oil Corporation chairman Sarthak Behuria said on Tuesday.

*www.rediff.com/money/2007/may/15oil.htm

int86

You'r Born Free
Without tax petrol would cost RS 20-21 in India.
Seen in many papers during Budget time.
First its import duty, that sales tax than local levi by state government.
Why the goverment impose taxes at sevral level?
Is the imported petrol is meant for drinking at the port itself, or for selling all over india.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom