The Photography Thread

skr

Broken In
Hi! @sujoyp and @nac, you both are my tech gurus. I dont know if you remember, but it was your patient guidance that helped meget this wonderful camera, CANON SX130IS. Many thanks!!!

About the Butterfly pictures, I have reproduced them as captured. Had to venture very close to them. Needed a lot of patience and some stealthy tip-toeing. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
tech gurus :D :D u will also have that much info in 1 year if u get deep into it ;) have fun

But I didnt understand...people take butterfly from bit of a distance to capture the beauty of its wings and flower...y did u captured it from soo close :)

skr

Broken In
I was actually trying to get a few captures like @toofan does.

@nac Just in time!!!

Friends, I need help on one aspect. If you look at the below photos you can see the hands are blurred. The hand movements are basic movements durig poojas, nothing too rapid. Still I get a blur of this extent. I tried shutter speed of 1/200, 1/400. There was no such blur then, but the photos were pretty dark. Apart from using flash I could not find any way to brighten the shots. Also photos of babies without flash is full of such motion blurs. Any suggestions....

Primarily I shoot such function photos in P mode, without flash.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8183/8130649827_cc1d36c95f.jpg
IMG_2941 by skr sx130, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8052/8130649987_582bb9519a.jpg
IMG_29431 by skr sx130, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8186/8130650535_bc846210f1.jpg
IMG_2942 by skr sx130, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Only way is to shoot at faster shutter speed to freeze/capture with no blur. For that you should have very good lighting else you have to use on camera flash there is no other way with our compacts. You can push ISO higher but that will result some noise. If you do, don't go beyond ISO 200.

skr

Broken In
@nac... As you said I experimented with everything, but expect for bright lighting there was not much alternative for blur free photos.

Any suggestions on "no blur" captures of babies/kids without using flash.......

'Rain drops on a string' clicked using Manual focus......

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8195/8130890204_82c79e96e8.jpg
IMG_2528 by skr sx130, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8468/8130890696_4eb8ff5758.jpg
IMG_2530 by skr sx130, on Flickr

mastervk

In the zone
For dslr there are few options like external flash, use high iso or use aperture like 1.8.
For your camera see which of these options you can use

skr

Broken In
@mastervk... My camera has ISO max of 1600. Apart from using flash or shooting in bright light there doesnt seem to be a way out.

@nac... That is exactly what I am sticking to.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@skr u have to have good shutter speed to remove blur....use the max possible settings like max usable ISO + max aperture u can use then check if the shutter speed is good... else u have to use a flash or make a small handheld cfl light to get faster shutter
drops r good...right on focus

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Hi Guys, It's been quite long since i have logged in here.
That means i will have to revise whats been going here :-D

Sharing one of my image from recent trips. Hope you all will like it.
Please do give your feedback.
*img835.imageshack.us/img835/5291/img3182smallnoname.jpg

choudang

Padawan
awesum click bro...

btw just a suggestion to everyone .. it will be an added flavor if you guys mention few stats of the pic i.e.
Code:
Aperture 1.8
Shutter 1/200
ISO 100
35mm Nikon

Last edited:

quagmire

Allllright !
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8335/8132521836_1910a56415_b.jpg

Yeah grainy and not sharp.. but thats the max i can do..

mastervk

In the zone
awesum click bro...

btw just a suggestion to everyone .. it will be an added flavor if you guys mention few stats of the pic i.e.
Code:
Aperture 1.8
Shutter 1/200
ISO 100
35mm Nikon

If you upload to flickr without removing exif data these info should be available at flickr.So anybody posting here can provide flickr link where person who are interested can view exif data.

choudang

Padawan
^^ that's a option for a lazy guy (assuming we have very less count of gals :-D) who wants to make us work by downloading pic from flickr and view the info :-D :mrgreen:

btw, it will take just 10 sec to put the info.

Top Bottom