The Photography Thread

shashankm

I reign hell..
Use imgur instead. Upload fill res pics on that, use the direct image link + l(L) for large thumbnail that will perfectly fit in the forum page. For example, myimage1.jpg is the direct image url, you need to post myimageurl1l.jpg, and that's it.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing but #BLOCKED!!

My question is why can't I ulpoad attachments? Always that uploading failed error!

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
seems to be some issue with the VBulletin (forum software being used), or might have been done intentionally. I too get this error message.

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Yes. Even I was not able to add and upload attachments. I also use Imgur and it works perfectly fine.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Guys... You can't upload lot of files here. We have some limit... If you wanna upload, you have to remove your previous attachments. There are plenty of sites like imageshack, flickr. You can upload there and share the link here...

I don't why KID can't share his photos from flickr...

sujoyp

Grand Master
sharing from flicker and picasa web album is very easy and confortable....I use both of them

@msn this time 2nd one is superb...other two r good :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
msn,
Nice and vibrant colour. Second one is a good one, but I don't like the thick black frame.

Taj Mahal looks so big. I have been to Taj, but when I visit I guess I will be busy clicking.

lm2k

Journeyman
@msn excellent shots dude the hdris are great , the "Vivekananda Rock HDR - Kanyakumari (2011)" shot is really very nice.

some of my recent clicks of insects
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8433/7636996992_52df536f30_b_d.jpg
a3200is ,program mode ,140mmfocal length ,400iso

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8145/7637049630_2b29425f42_b_d.jpg
a3200is ,program mode ,140mmfocal length ,800iso

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8010/7637017974_01b2da45f7_b_d.jpg
a3200is ,program mode ,140mmfocal length ,800iso

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8011/7670184006_b1981a6232_c_d.jpg
d760 ,program mode ,114focal length ,200iso

sujoyp

Grand Master
Im2k only 1st and last can be considerd macro...others r not that detailed...u better try to compose shots rather then concentrating on magnifying things....i mean i have left the path of magnifying macros...its ultimately not a pic but a zoological picture :D

try to find various compositions with insects and you will be happier with ur macro

sujoyp

Grand Master
umm please dont think i am criticizing IM2K work ...i am just suggesting that if magnification is difficult , its better to compose insect shots .

Even when i started I loved higher magnification with extension tubes...but later i started composing shots with my 55mm 2.8 lens which is only 1:2 ..its more photogenic ;)

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ no comments on that. Don't have a hands on experience with lens kits. But, still, suggestions are welcome. Atleast gives ideas. Applying or not is the fellows choice.

lm2k

Journeyman
@sujoy: hmm u r rite ,instead of subject-background relation I put too much emphasis on subject alone I must work on the former,
Regarding critising my work, well u have right 2 do so if I go wrong.:)
@Cyberkid we can go even more close n even more but as sujoy said it wud become a micrograph:p

sujoyp

Grand Master
just for the sake of comparision i am posting these 2 pics

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8009/7431303416_d27082b2ba_z.jpg
Dragonfly by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm7.staticflickr.com/6094/6322449026_14642bca8a_z.jpg
Dragonfly closeup by sujoyp, on Flickr

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
@sujoyp - liked the first one. Second one is also good though. Which lens man ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@msn 1st one taken with my nikon 55-200 vr zoom lens and 2nd taken with nikkor 55mm ais micro lens

I just wanted to show that just magnification is not everything...a proper composition is needed too

@medico city looks nice but y its bit curved

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Shimla - Kalka Mail

*i.imgur.com/5vzpm.jpg

I loved his CAP

*i.imgur.com/S8xto.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@msn very nice shots...liked the reflelction of train...i was confused for sometime which one is the original one
and portrait is also nice...sadly that cap is mostly cut...should have covered that colourful cap more :)

Top Bottom