The Photography Thread

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Nice shot stuge & toofan.
Good shots rhitwick. You're improving at a good pace.
Thanx yar.

I need one more help from u. Just tell me how's it on Marine Drive on the eve of Diwali? Want to shot some firecrackers and Mumbai skyline from there.

Does BMC allow burning crackers there?

And eBay se ek acha tripod dhund ke de... ~1500/-
Plz.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Ritwik don't buy cheap ones. I had a bad experience with them.
Go some sturdy ones. Search a good one and cheap one and inform me also.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys found these ones...

Now tell me which one to go for. After 1600/- d prices just goes to 3k which is not in my plan.

eBay India: SIMPLEX Camera PHOTO Tripod Stand VPT-3600W with cover (item 400167779874 end time 03-Nov-2010 19:01:00 IST)

and

eBay India: PROFESSIONAL ALUMINUM TRIPOD FOR ALL CAMERAS &CAMCORDER (item 170557277375 end time 01-Nov-2010 13:21:00 IST)

and

eBay India: Deluxe Video-Photo Camera Tripod Stand (item 380282770838 end time 02-Nov-2010 17:58:42 IST)

Krow

Crowman
Good to see u being regular in TDF again. And, I just loved ur shot of that sky. Its AWESOME.
Thanks. :) Your pictures are improving. Keep at it. :)

Stuge and toofan, your shots are simply awesome.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that toofan's pictures have improved since he got the D90?

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: this is a wonderful image. i haven't seen such a shot of kingfisher. tfs.

thanks cool, krow.
friends for your c & c.

*img130.imageshack.us/img130/4305/21448240.jpg

*img294.imageshack.us/img294/2922/dsc15084567hdr.jpg

*img156.imageshack.us/img156/3310/hdr15131415.jpg

*img843.imageshack.us/img843/5083/dsc1519678.jpg

a_medico

Chillum Baba
@toofan - loved the fourth one. And yes, first one seems a bit too sharp.
By the way, how come you always find such scenic locations!

sujoyp

Grand Master
Great shots toofan...I liked the 2nd one

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that toofan's pictures have improved since he got the D90?

Just a photography quote
Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. :-D
Soo dont take the credit away from photographer;-)

toofan

Technomancer
@toofan,
First image, aren't things too sharp?

And, tell me about the tripods I've posted. Need to buy son.
I used tripod for that shot so may be everything is in sharp focus and when I added extra little sharpness it looking like overdone.

yaar sabhi same hi lag rahe hain. Last wala thoda sturdy dikh raha hai but can say.
But I have the Simpex one. It is easy to shoot with p & s but tough with the weight of DSLR. So no problem for you and its the cheapest one also.

By the way, how come you always find such scenic locations!
Thanks dear. Because I live in Uttarakhand and I was born on hills. A true pahari boy.
Great shots toofan...I liked the 2nd one
Just a photography quote
Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. :-D
Soo dont take the credit away from photographer;-)

Thanks for the feedback. Actually D90 has given me more control over the situation.

Spending 50+k on something make you more serious about that particular thing after all . ;-)

sujoyp

Grand Master
@toofan I was just doing leg-pulling anyway:))

I have some confusion....
1.does Canon 500D and 550D have inbody focusing motor..never read anywhere...
2.And does D90 have both inbody stabilization and focusing motor...how can it use old lenses
3. And does the metering thing on old lens need any other motor....I read someplace that lens will autofocus but can not use metering

Please someone clarify:cool:

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Great Lens shots @Stuge ...

@toofan: How do you find such beautiful locations ... Nice shots!

Sky from sky

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pb0kumBgaz-wn1IAkvsUa08z0kPWbhU7vO-0lEjQSR0XvDsKdgLfUWDfABo60U2v6MtLwM8J4myjuzIQY9GnAYySet8bHMaTc/P1020580.JPG?psid=1

sujoyp

Grand Master
2.And does D90 have both inbody stabilization and focusing motor...how can it use old lenses
3. And does the metering thing on old lens need any other motor....I read someplace that lens will autofocus but can not use metering

Any replies guys...stuge...toofan..krow..anyone???

Stuge

Youngling
@toofan I was just doing leg-pulling anyway:))

Please someone clarify:cool:

hmm

thats some poor research :p

Sony : Inbuilt Stabilisation: yes
Nikon : Inbuilt Stabilisation: NO = you will have buy lenses marked with VR (vibration reduction)
Canon:Inbuilt Stabilisation: No=> you will have to lenses marked with IS (image stabilistation)

Canon : doesn't have inbuilt body motot.Every canon has built in body motor .So its doesn't need one .

Nikon :D90 => has motor => lenses AF-D ,AF-S(silent) can be used without a problem.

lenses marked with "AI, AI-S, E" won't meter on D90 .Not sure why you wanna buy such old lenses anyway .

Top Bottom