The Photography Thread

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nice shot toofan.

Anorion, the book shot is nice. One stop higher on shutter would have made the page come out very sharp.

Stuge

Youngling
great shots guys :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title :Rain Please !

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3487/3754222353_abd61f7c2a.jpg

this shot was taken ,when there was no rain in delhi ,and clouds were playing hide and seek game .reason for the title as well.

in b/w this is Sun and not Moon :D

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Friends It was raining continuously form Pas 48 hours in Uttarakhand. And now this evening we get to see the sun. I am posting what I saw.After two days of Black and white Nature comes up with ...................

*img524.imageshack.us/img524/5882/sunsetafterrain.jpg

*img522.imageshack.us/img522/9576/sunsetafterrain2.jpg

Look At Me. How Colorful I am!

Only minor P.P.(a little little on contrast) has been done.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
oye people, I know not a right thread to ask, but then its pretty urgent. Need to buy a camera and would be getting it from Dubai. So, suggest me a camera under 12k.

What are my needs? I don't know. I absolutely have no idea about cameras and stuff. I mostly would take nature and human expression pictures. Thats all I know. :D Thankyou.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
oye people, I know not a right thread to ask, but then its pretty urgent. Need to buy a camera and would be getting it from Dubai. So, suggest me a camera under 12k.

What are my needs? I don't know. I absolutely have no idea about cameras and stuff. I mostly would take nature and human expression pictures. Thats all I know. :D Thankyou.

Acha, I forgot ki looks don't matter but if would be great if it looks good. I want performance camera.

Last edited:

Stuge

Youngling
Ok. Posting some of mine.

*i33.tinypic.com/xfw5z4.jpg

I hope you don't mind :)

I liked this picture very much .SO ,I wanted to tweak a bit with it .

*img202.imageshack.us/img202/5138/arion.jpg

image taken by arion(image posted on imageshack)

nice colours toofan :)

toofan

Technomancer
Chirag you can refer this months Digit. I didn't got my copy but as per my knowledge. these are the best in there category.

1. Cannon's SX120 IS will be available in you budget. And this has full manual controls and 10 MP + 10x optical zoom + cannons latest digic IV processor. In india this is available at RS 15000.00

2. Panasonic TZ15 Digital Camera. Manual controls+ 9 MP + 10x optical zoom + HD video.. Rs 15500.00 In india.

3. Sony H20: 10 Mp+ 10 x optical zoom + HD Vedio Rs: 17500.00

4. Olympus-SP 565UZ: 10 Mp + 20 x Optical zoom + Raw format capture capablity. Rs. 17000.00 In india.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Chirag you can refer this months Digit. I didn't got my copy but as per my knowledge. these are the best in there category.

1. Cannon's SX120 IS will be available in you budget. And this has full manual controls and 10 MP + 10x optical zoom + cannons latest digic IV processor. In india this is available at RS 15000.00

2. Panasonic TZ15 Digital Camera. Manual controls+ 9 MP + 10x optical zoom + HD video.. Rs 15500.00 In india.

3. Sony H20: 10 Mp+ 10 x optical zoom + HD Vedio Rs: 17500.00

4. Olympus-SP 565UZ: 10 Mp + 20 x Optical zoom + Raw format capture capablity. Rs. 17000.00 In india.

Agree with Toofan. These are some of the best camera's which will fall under your budget. Toofan has done all the hard work of jotting down the specs. :)

Stuge

Youngling
toffan ,which one are thiking of getting one ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title :Green Meadows

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3460/3860267624_28a74f45bc.jpg

I guess ,I have not shared this one :)

Location --> Delhi :)

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
@stuge - pardon me for not reading if you have mentioned it but which camera?

@toofan - Should I go with sony? If you had to buy from those four, which one would you choose? I am inclined towards sony beacuse of high rating at dpreviews.com and it looks fine too. Are the rates going anytime soon? 17k is pretty high. I might buy canon because of budget. Is sony worth 17k or will canon perform better? Can anyone staying in mumbai confirm the price of sony H20 and canon sx120 at Alfa? Anyone? Thankyou.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Stuge... what did you do to it specifically? I don't fool around with my photos after I click them... know that's a very old fashioned approach, but never had a sense of making those small changes that make it better. Can you tell me what you did? I understand photoshop, so I will understand even if you tell it in brief.

toofan

Technomancer
@toofan - Should I go with sony? If you had to buy from those four, which one would you choose? I am inclined towards sony beacuse of high rating at dpreviews.com and it looks fine too. Are the rates going anytime soon? 17k is pretty high. I might buy canon because of budget. Is sony worth 17k or will canon perform better? Can anyone staying in mumbai confirm the price of sony H20 and canon sx120 at Alfa? Anyone? Thankyou.

Actually if you are ordering from Dubai then you can also get

Panasonic TZ7: 10 mp, 12x optical zoom, HD vedio and excellent quality and it costs $300.00 abroad and Rs 20000.00 in india( if its available).

Here you will find its better then sony H20
*www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_tz7_review/

But these are review sites. product has to be used by you.

I own a cannon sx110 IS and it works excellent for me. And seeing this I will go for Cannon sx120 IS. But if I will get the panasonic TZ7 here in india and at same price as outside then I will go for TZ7 for his extra zoom. wide angle lens and HD videos.
Posted again:
@Stuge you make a simple looking seen more interesting by the P.P you done on it.

@anaroin: start by balancing the colors and then increasing the contrast. I too will try to modify that image tonight as this is one of the most attractive shot I had seen.
which camera you used. Is it Mobile Phone.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
@ Chirag Don't buy Sony. It has a memory stick pro duo which costs double of the standard SD card. Anyway, Canon, Nikon and Panasonic have better models than Sony H20 although I can't point a finger at a particular model. I use the Sony DSC-H50 and am satisfied with it although I have never used a crossover camera of any other brand. Hope this helps. :)

Stuge

Youngling
@Arion :First -> Spot removal /dust removal->-->Image -> Adjustments -> I played with colours ,contrast ,brightness etc --> used quick selection for sky and increased the saturaton there -->>after that --> canvas for framing . .A polariser was required for your picture .

Well,its upto you ,which software you wanna use for post processing and whether you wanna do it or not .During flim days ,photographers use to use pro fllm (for more saturation ) ,ever since photography has turned digital ,it has become very easy and flexible.

Usually, I don't do lot of processing in my images and I never do deletion /additon of moon /sun .I'm still learning CS4 and it will take sometime before I master it .most of the times I use Lightroom /capture NX.

@Chirag--. Regarding ,which camera to buy ?? Get either Canon or Panasonic .

@Toofan :picture was taken in RAW ,so I had the flexibilty to edt accordingly .Thats the beauty of RAW :).

Last edited:

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
@people - I read on dpreviews that TZ7 a.k.a ZS3 has no manual controls. You guys keep talking about changing and playing with manual controls. How exactly having manual controls helpful? I mean, sure I would love to get into photography but atm have no knowledge about it. I have been clicking photos till now by just clicking the button, no settings or whatsoever. But now I would like to learn about it. So is TZ7 a good option?

Top Bottom