The Photography Thread

Krow

Crowman
Good work Stuge! I really liked the overall effect.

@ rhitwick, Learning quickly, eh? Great pics! :D

@ swordfish, Really nice watch picture. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Thanx guys...
Today one of my frnd from Orkut criticized (complained me) my photos of being out of focus and gives a feel that its in motion :-D

So, I guess, I'm doing it right?? ;-)
Then, I'm still weak in getting the object in focus, I have to have the object as clear as possible right, for panning???

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: The sky is not matching at all to the ground. Nor its creating a pleasing effect. So experiment failed for me.

Swordfish: Nice and clean shot of Watch.

Mumbai Friends: Will you be going to the PHOTO Fair. If yes then please do take images there so that I too can have a feel of the photo fair.

I will suggest you all go together so that the healthy discussion may take place and then inform me of the event.

Stuge

Youngling
Stuge: The sky is not matching at all to the ground. Nor its creating a pleasing effect. So experiment failed for me.

name of pic is tri colour :p

in b/w it not post processing .colour has been imparted using cokin filter .

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - The dark is too dark. I agree with toofan.

@rhitwick - Your subjects are blurred. You will need to capture them pin sharp if you want to take good panning shots. Still the pics are good as you tried panning for the first time. Mine weren't too different from your's when I tried it for the first time. On most of the occassions I got nothing but blurry images. On some occassions just a static image. So now just practise in your locality & you'll soon improve. :)

@toofan - I'll be going for the Foto Fair. I don't know if rhitwick & krow are joining me or not.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
How to get the image sharp?
Should I increase the shutter speed, but in that case the background comes clear too...
Or, I think my hand movement is becoming very fast.

And, I can only tell u on Thursday/Friday, if I'll be able to join u, if I can, it will be a Saturday only.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
How to get the image sharp?
Should I increase the shutter speed, but in that case the background comes clear too...
Or, I think my hand movement is becoming very fast.

And, I can only tell u on Thursday/Friday, if I'll be able to join u, if I can, it will be a Saturday only.

To get a sharp image bump up the ISO to 100 or 200 but don't bump up the shutter speed. It should be a stop less over perfect exposure to get a static image.

Do tell me if you're coming & if yes on which day. Krow can only come on Sunday & you're free on Saturday. :!:

Stuge

Youngling
@stuge - The dark is too dark.

dude I'm not sure ,but for me it is bright enough ...if I increase the brightness it will overexpose.

may be thats the reason .I saw few pictures on your flickr account ,and found them a bit overexposed .

quan chi

mortal kombat
nice way to display the flag stuge.:D i liked it.
but i think if that orange colour becomes a bit light then it will look more beautiful.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2728/4234870266_330065eb0f.jpg
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/4234035621_5e4997d240.jpg
i really liked these two pics of swordfish.
the first one reminds me of assasins creed and the second one of gta3.:D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
A few snaps from the recent Mumbai Photography Meet. :)

# Rider on the storm

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4247516174_fbc76abeaa_o.jpg*farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4247516174_fbc76abeaa_o.jpg

# Wish I could jog over the sealink

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2702/4247516428_bf1a4d3873_o.jpg

# For a Macro

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2666/4246742919_374ea63739_o.jpg

# Horse ride on Chowpatty

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2794/4247517016_44d95a27c2_o.jpg

# Rhitwick clicking the sealink

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4246743673_7d701550c5_o.jpg

# Pranay posing for the camera

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4246743447_df7b4ac525_o.jpg

@stuge - This time you're definitely dark dude. By dark here I didn't mean low on exposure but the orange shade of sky is too dark. Even toofan & quan_chi agrees.

Stuge

Youngling
Looking ahead

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2725/4246753519_5cc4551a90.jpg

Equipment :Nokia 6303 cellphone

@coolG5 that doggy pic is the best :grin:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
# A boy enjoying a horse ride

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4016/4247554088_d1fb765c73_o.jpg

# The best thing to do on a Sunday

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2772/4246779585_5505643837_o.jpg

@stuge - Thanks :)
Your's shot is also nice. Wonderful composition.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i have k810i...3.2MP

i know its not so good but all i have

am not able to take shots at night(in flash mode) of distant object(dark)

i even tried twilight landscape

is there any thing to be adjusted

like i want to take a apic of moon from terrace....i get jus small dot...i sppose may be something to do with light settings

Stuge

Youngling
i have k810i...3.2MP

like i want to take a apic of moon from terrace....i get jus small dot...i sppose may be something to do with light settings
unfortunately ,you can't click a decent shot of moon with a phone cam :(.It will remain a dot whatever you do.you need a 300mm at least or IMO 400mm or more

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
i have k810i...3.2MP

While shooting from a mobile camera you need to adjust the shot quality setting(fine, normal, superfine), white balance & exposure compensation to get a better picture. Unfortunately no mobile can capture the moon since it is too far away to be captured by a mobile. Even some entry level cameras struggle to get a good picture.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
On path to Freedom

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4251543418_1539a58b04.jpg

Took this shot today in the morning when my friend was running to pose for a picture near a tree trunk.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAGNSHv1W0RMK98G3Jaf7APYsh0fcZTGyD1Xomhsf1x8qXGybiRm4y_MJgmGhgMZQ62-kFTMd9zjJPooTrHSp_ywAm1T1UEwzd2rX45h8lIFXNvt7N-YPv4uw.jpg

same flower in another angle..

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAADzKKL4XM9HZrCAfsdbmkQqqUmMtVHNbDfzUfKF30zT71eldc5xH1y170BHqIx2K56L_Z8XxiEXM7R2QQxhDu_8Am1T1UKCRByzCeEzzyswk2W6vocNpnJsj.jpg

@stuge.. Is it a electric lamp?

Stuge

Youngling
Peaceful

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4254412189_50023d3462_b.jpg

in b/w I made a blunder in photography spelling lol
@krishna :Try and try ..till you get a perfect shot and do some pp on it :)

Top Bottom