The Photography Thread

Stuge

Youngling
Mad over donuts !!:)

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2748/4228508561_f59a8ba112.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/4229205678_6b356b6b0b.jpg

Note: pix may look dark under dark monitor .

pic are not bad from a cellphone

@Krow :..don't wanna demotivate you ..:)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I want to begin with a photography forum. WIll you guys participate?
I need your co-operation & would love even if it becomes moderately popular & active.

Krow

Crowman
@ Stuge I take all critique constructively. :) It will spur me on to be better. So, please let me know. :)

@ G5 What happened to the book you were going to write. If you really want to start a photography forum, then I am in. If you are interested totally, then I can even pitch in with monetary aid. Let's split the cost. But, when there are good photography forums, why start our own. LWI is a good place to hang out IMHO.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@ G5 What happened to the book you were going to write. If you really want to start a photography forum, then I am in. If you are interested totally, then I can even pitch in with monetary aid. Let's split the cost. But, when there are good photography forums, why start our own. LWI is a good place to hang out IMHO.

The book is yet to begin, will begin soon.

Regarding forum you're right there are many forums but how many are of Indian origin? All discuss photography with hi-fi equipments which no indian like you or me have, so what is the use of posting on such high forums? Let's make our own forum. We'll discuss about the forum in our upcoming Mumbai Photography Meet which will most probably happen tomorrow at Shivaji Park. Are you coming? I have pinged Rhitwick. Get in touch with him.

P.S : This was my first post of 2010 in TDF Forum :)

Krow

Crowman
The book is yet to begin, will begin soon.

Regarding forum you're right there are many forums but how many are of Indian origin? All discuss photography with hi-fi equipments which no indian like you or me have, so what is the use of posting on such high forums? Let's make our own forum. We'll discuss about the forum in our upcoming Mumbai Photography Meet which will most probably happen tomorrow at Shivaji Park. Are you coming? I have pinged Rhitwick. Get in touch with him.

P.S : This was my first post of 2010 in TDF Forum :)
LWI is of Indian origin. As far as discussion of photography goes, we can start discussions on equipment that we have over there too. :) More on this in the meet, if I can come.

As usual, Saturday we have lectures, so I can't come. Sunday is fine for me.

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
@stuge
nice pics dude.. I like the "ho ho" most.. great one..

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

check some pics

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2728/4234870266_330065eb0f.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/4234035621_5e4997d240.jpg

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2593/4234905472_7503f967cb.jpg

foreveranuj

Broken In
*i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/foreveranuj/AfterTheFire.jpg
After the Fire

*i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/foreveranuj/Listen-WeGottaTalk.jpg
"Listen ... we gotta talk"

*i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/foreveranuj/TheCityandTheValley.jpg
City of Angels

*i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/foreveranuj/WhenTimeStoodStill.jpg
When Time Stood Still

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@swordfish - First one is good. In second I cannot see anything special.

@anuj - Again I liked the first one over other images.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Finally I got it right. After many unsuccessful attempts I managed to get a good shot of fireworks on the new year's eve.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2548/4236458618_2250dd2ecf_o.jpg

Shutter Speed : 1/10th of a Second
ISO : 200
Aperture : F 2.8
Metering : Center Weighted
Focus : Manual Focus set to infinity
Flash : Not Fired
Tripod : Not Used, Handheld.

Krow

Crowman
^I can't see the picture.

I vote for a new smiley, instead of this :p we can use this:

*img22.imageshack.us/img22/7272/dsc06685k.jpg

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
I cant either.. I cant even see my first pic. I uploaded 3 pics

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

^ monkey is good

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Finally I got it right. After many unsuccessful attempts I managed to get a good shot of fireworks on the new year's eve.

Have a look : *www{dot}flickr{dot}com/photos/shutter_freak/4236458618

Shutter Speed : 1/10th of a Second
ISO : 200
Aperture : F 2.8
Metering : Center Weighted
Focus : Manual Focus set to infinity
Flash : Not Fired
Tripod : Not Used, Handheld

P.S : The forum Image embedding function is not working. The image shows up in editor but doesn't when the post is submitted. :facepalm:

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Panning as best I could,
*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S0DAIGVgUTI/AAAAAAAAA0M/15dZixDOpQM/s800/IMG_1302.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S0DAcp5KlsI/AAAAAAAAA0g/3yFd8pxIvmI/s800/IMG_1328.JPG

*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S0DAh--D8qI/AAAAAAAAA0k/bccX_Z2ofOE/s800/IMG_1335.JPG

*lh4.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S0DA5snVCbI/AAAAAAAAA08/MocjblqNIDk/s800/IMG_1351_2.JPG

Some shots taken in our TDF Photography Meet...

toofan

Technomancer
Some wonderful photography in my absense.

Stuge: you always perfect with your images.
Cool: the firework hand held is excellent.
Anuj: Beautiful Images with a different perspective, some are perfect. Don;'t use the Dark circles as borders around the Image not looking good.
Swordfish: Welcome back Image is Rock solid. Can you post the details of the image of glowing city.

Ritwik: Second shot is Superb. Everything is sharp except the horse which is giving the feel of motion to that Image. Well shot.

I am away from city until 12th of jan without camera.:sad: So see you all.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@swordfish - Very nice shot. I loved the reflection.

@Rhitwick - Now that you have learnt panning learn framing & composing panned shots.

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
@toofan, thanks.. :) It was long shutter.. here are EXIF data

Exposure: 30
Aperture: f/11.0
Focal Length: 25 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire

@cool g5, Thanks

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
How to take a perfect Moon shot

Moon is a beautiful body in our solar system. Its various phases are so picturesque that one often feels to capture its beauty with a camera. Capturing moon is not easy at it sounds & more often you will get nothing but a white orb if you don’t know the right technique to capture the moon. In this guide I’ll explain intricately to get a perfect moon shot which will elicit ‘wows’ from your friends & colleagues.

Read the entire article

Stuge

Youngling
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4245406528_0ea102d06c_b.jpg

Note :picture may looks dark :

Sky not done in photoshop :filters used .

Top Bottom