The Photography Thread

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@ pranav0091, quan chi, Cyber KID, nac - Thanks for your comments.
@tkin - That sun in the hand shot is great.
@rnianoop - Nice shot of the sunrise.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Nice beach pics by tkin, rnianoop.

Images from the Orange Rose plant potted on my roof.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8233/8411247208_c4ae8c3a3f_z.jpg
23012013002 by CyberK1D, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8505/8411245990_793a652b0b_z.jpg
23012013013 by CyberK1D, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Kid, More light would be better, but still it's good.

And very impressive IQ from a mobile phone...

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Thanks for the suggestion nac, but, unfortunately, LED flash is not much capable. Will try capturing it again with a supporting light.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
@anoop awesome beach shot
@tkin nice shots :)
Btw guys why is it that when we reduce shutter speed in daylight time we can't see anything in screen.I know i asked this earlier but need how to overcome it

Edited pic
*i46.tinypic.com/kcj5zk.jpg

Edited via photoshop-some color looksup

tkin

Back to school!!
@anoop awesome beach shot
@tkin nice shots :)
Btw guys why is it that when we reduce shutter speed in daylight time we can't see anything in screen.I know i asked this earlier but need how to overcome it

Edited pic
*i46.tinypic.com/kcj5zk.jpg

Edited via photoshop-some color looksup
Way too much light is captured as the shutter is held open for long time, its suitable is darkness where the light is low.

tkin

Back to school!!
So it's not possible to take low shutter shots in beaches etc?
No and why would you want to do it? I mean low shutter is used in low light, in a beach its not needed, you can tweak the speed a bit to capture brighter images, but can't use very low speed as the image will be whitewashed. Try playing with exposure, I think it will accomplish what you want.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Ohk! But i'm not able to change exposure in Manual mode.
All that we can change in M mode is TV,AV and Iso :|
Don't think that's right, I mean even my ye old Sony POS had exposure control, hell even my Nokia 5800(worst cam ever) has one setting for that, try fiddling a bit.

sujoyp

Grand Master
btw u can take low shutter speed in beaches also but u have to use ND or Nutral Density filters...these filters r used to capture silky falling water or flowing water in day time....

for silky water u need slow shutter speed but in daylight even in iso 100 and -ve exposere u will get to 1/2 shutter speed...an ND 10, ND6 filter can cut lots of light and will gain the slow shutter speed needed :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@CyberKID - I'm not sure I like that kind of lighting on flowers but if that is with a mobile phone you definitely deserve a good camera.

Please critique.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8634&d=1359090686

Attachments

• keyboard.jpg
    keyboard.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 162

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Gen.Libeb your shot is good but you should have kept some space for the background also.Then it would be more interesting.

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@ Gen: Its a promising shot, but the one problem i see is that no individual key is in focus, so the image seems as if its fully out of focus.

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
^^the second key from the front is in focus.:lol: But like i said its a bit boring because of the missing background.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@CyberKID - I'm not sure I like that kind of lighting on flowers but if that is with a mobile phone you definitely deserve a good camera.

Please critique.
Or, may be my cell has a good camera.

As far as your keyboard is concerned, as others have already pointed out, focus is missing. Also, the light is too much, to the extent that it's reducing the details in the image. IMO, try taking the shot again this time, from a higher height and greater angle, and I suppose, the shot would be good.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Gen, It's a kinda photography which I don't have an eye for it...
These two may add some value to your work
*Keeping the background
*Monotone

sujoyp

Grand Master
I fully agree with digitfan ...the piano's 2nd key is in focus and a bit of background may have worked better...but still I liked the pic :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@ digitfan, pranav0091, CyberKID, nac, sujoyp - Thanks. I really appreciate comments from all of you.
I'm gonna have to look for a good background.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
And now, just for the sake of its huge size

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8502/8415502933_2a88b8efb0_z.jpg
26012013017 by CyberK1D, on Flickr

The picture of my rose with a Rs. 2 coin for size reference.

Top Bottom