The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
@Zangetsu I always take pic using D3100+50mm 1.8 AF+ Extension tube :)

As soon as I get my external flash from courier...I hope I will be able to use the full capability of extension tubes:grin:

@rhitwick thanks for liking

There was no rain today but I shot one some days back

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GXg_7aTiwl8/TixpWviiY2I/AAAAAAAAGgI/PN8V0ZDZask/s640/DSC_4315.JPG

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Zangetsu I always take pic using D3100+50mm 1.8 AF+ Extension tube :)
Hmm...so 50mm 1.8 is macro Lens?
Is it capable of taking very close shot just like toofan clicked of flies in garden...???
toofan uses which setup,I know he has Nikon D90 but another extras???

As soon as I get my external flash from courier...I hope I will be able to use the full capability of extension tubes:grin:
example...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hmm...so 50mm 1.8 is macro Lens?
Is it capable of taking very close shot just like toofan clicked of flies in garden...???
toofan uses which setup,I know he has Nikon D90 but another extras???

example...

Nope 50mm 1.8 is not macro lens...it has to be used with Extension tube to take macro pics
Toofan have many setups..please ask specifically which photo is taken by which setup:lol:

example of full use of ET is not there yet...as soon as I get my flash I can show u...

Zangetsu

^OK so without ET the closeup shots (like spider) r not possible?

can u post the link of 50mm 1.8?Is it from Nikkor?

There are some photos posted by toofan in flicker of insects in which I can clearly see the hairs of the insect..

sujoyp

Grand Master
^OK so without ET the closeup shots (like spider) r not possible?

can u post the link of 50mm 1.8?Is it from Nikkor?

There are some photos posted by toofan in flicker of insects in which I can clearly see the hairs of the insect..

yaah without ET or macro lens or reverse ring closup shots like spider is not possible.

just search it Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D and u will get the lens.

yaah toofan is very good at macros...but u have to practice and lern...ET and reverse ring r not soo simple as it seems:wink:
or leave all these and get a macro lens...u will surely get these shots much easily:))

Zangetsu

yaah toofan is very good at macros...but u have to practice and lern...ET and reverse ring r not soo simple as it seems:wink:
or leave all these and get a macro lens...u will surely get these shots much easily:))

Any recommendation Macro Lenses???

toofan

Technomancer
Flower shots are good sujoy.

After flash you will see an increase in sharpness of your images. Have you ordered any diffuser type of thing or flash bracket. As you might need those. I am also looking for same.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Flower shots are good sujoy.

After flash you will see an increase in sharpness of your images. Have you ordered any diffuser type of thing or flash bracket. As you might need those. I am also looking for same.

I am getting a free diffuser with the flash:lol: Thanks for liking...

I want a cheap ring flash type of thing...something to give continous light...what to do...any idea..u tried any home made ideas

@Zangetsu most popular macro lens is tamron 90mm but it cost too much like 18-20k...soo either find a used one or as I was saying get any macro lens to start with later u can add a teleconvertor to increase the range:)

Someday before someone was selling a nikkor 55mm AIS macro lens for 5500 at jj mehta...good deal to start with;-)

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Zangetsu: thanks, I use 50mm 1.8 Nikkor + Kenko Automatic Extension tues + Lens reversal adapter + a 2x TC.

I Combine these as per the magnification and working distance needed.

Sujoy: If you know electronics, I have one setup you could prepare. If interested I will send you that.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@toofan I am not that good in electronics :( but if u want be to fit 10 leds togather in a round and fit it around the lens then I can do it :) ....give some hint plzzz

@Zangetsu 50mm+kenko ET gives great result coz kenko can meter with your SLR...but I think getting a used macro lens is better coz kenko cost 5-6k ....we accumulate gear and accessories 1 by 1 soo in the end we may be spending too much...if u have 10-12k now then get a macro lens straight way

toofan

Technomancer
Sharing some unusual shots of insects(for me) for you Comments and critiques.
Thanks.

D90+ 36mm Extension on 50mm Nikkor.

1. On the march. (Id please).
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6131/5974262002_26de39ef31_b.jpg

2. Downhill.
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6026/5973702153_921ab98c1e_b.jpg

3. Underside.
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6124/5973702257_fb7b199435_b.jpg
Mosquito by toofan.v, on Flickr

Sujoy: will post that macro ring light setup very soon. Actually its in a book and I will photograph it and then send them to you.

Zangetsu

@Zangetsu 50mm+kenko ET gives great result coz kenko can meter with your SLR...but I think getting a used macro lens is better coz kenko cost 5-6k ....we accumulate gear and accessories 1 by 1 soo in the end we may be spending too much...if u have 10-12k now then get a macro lens straight way

ok so 12k which u suggest? :grin:
will I get good macro shots from that lense?

just search it Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D and u will get the lens.

nikon india has not listed this lens...:-?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@toofan 1st one is the best among them...but U r moving away from the magnification thing and going for composition ....

@Zangetsu u can definitely get a used Macro lens for 12k ....maybe u will get Tamron 90mm Macro used too...dont think used r useless or damaged but its just people sell there lens to get a better one most of the times...

here is the link for that lens Nikon India Private Limited

toofan

Technomancer
Some different type of shots I made last week.

Please critique. This is new type of things for me.

Thanks.

*img844.imageshack.us/img844/944/dsc8882.jpg

*img856.imageshack.us/img856/5994/dsc8917.jpg

*img692.imageshack.us/img692/3218/dsc8919s.jpg

*img23.imageshack.us/img23/5831/dsc8897m.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@toofan...I liked 1st one coz of backlights...in 2nd I wish u could magnify the drop more
4th is a good try..
I tried drop pics and I know its bit difficult and not as easy as it looks :)

Top Bottom