The Photography Thread

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Thanks Zengetsu, The White Umbrella was used in between subject and Flash, to diffuse the light.

white umbrella?so does it matter if u use black umbrella?

Btw what is extension Tube?
what are the capabilitis of the VR Kit lens bundled with D3100 :-D

sujoyp

Grand Master
white umbrella?so does it matter if u use black umbrella?

Btw what is extension Tube?
what are the capabilitis of the VR Kit lens bundled with D3100 :-D

yaah it will matter i u use black i guss...white reflect more light

Extension tube or ET are used for macro photography. They are put on the cam and then the Lens are attached to it. Its absolutely recommended to use prime lens or fixed focus lens with it.
Also if u use cheap ET its required to have aperture ring on the lens coz without aperture ring u will not be able to control the aperture anyways:-D
If u use automatic ET like kenko's which cost 5-6k then u can use lens without aperture control too coz they will meter with your cam
umm what else???
ET have 3 sizes attached togather...u can use them in combination or 1 by 1...as per ur requirements.

VR means vibration reduction...Nikon's VR is very good and u will feel the need ones u use non-VR lenses:))
taking pics hand holded needs VR...or else u have to increase the shutter speed or ISO coz we can not hand hold a 700gm camera still for too long
If u use tripod all the time u can use non-VR lens too..
People say that u have to switch off the VR when put on the tripod

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anybody have info about good SDHC card..I want a reliable card for SLR

Sandisk normal, ultra, extreme range...then I am using verbitem, then there is kingston, transcend.. I am confused

Should I get Sandisk Extreme class 10 4gb for 800 or sandisk ultra class 4 4 gb for 550 or general sanidisk class 4 for 350

I just want it to keep a backup memory card in case my memory card fails anyday/anytime

I am currently using verbitem class 4 memory card and dont have any problem...but very rarely it get jam

Sounava

In the zone
@ toofan: I took a similar pic around 1.5months ago :)

*farm6.static.flickr.com/5022/5793132164_3701916a26_b.jpg
Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D by Sounava, on Flickr

@ Zangetsu: Raynox DCR-250 is good. In that case you wont need an ET. But it costs around 5k INR.. So its better to go for Kenko Auto Extension Tube I think..

@sujoyp: Stick to SanDisk Class 10 cards.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Ok I will get Sandisk Extreme III 4gb class 10 for 700-800 :)

I think Raynox DCR 350 is a closeup adopter and ET is different...Kenko ET is very good for macros...

But again adopters can be used on any lenses....but ET is better to use on Primes

Sounava

In the zone
@ Sujoy: Yes Raynox one is a closeup filter. But the quality of glass is good.

And it is not correct that ET is better for primes.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ Sujoy: Yes Raynox one is a closeup filter. But the quality of glass is good.

And it is not correct that ET is better for primes.

Then can we use ET on canon 70-200 2.8 and get good macros.. or can we at least use Tamron 17-70 2.8 with ET for macros:)

I know using ET with normal lenses like 18-55 is out of question coz its aperture is small...

Actually I can tell everything with cheap ET in mind...donno how kenko ET work

My old friend is back...:lol:

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-CKeneo0wXls/TiJrsUJ1HVI/AAAAAAAAGds/ewtf7Rz3GG4/s800/DSC_5081.JPG

May be hummingbird..not sure

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fPrBMLoGLlM/TiJrtspgT6I/AAAAAAAAGdw/QnJvILoZrgc/s800/DSC_5099.JPG

Anybody can help me with taking this web better...I tried many settings ...took this with 50mm 1.8 manually...just cant make it better then this:-?

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-M20z8_Tusc0/TiJr2qjOIsI/AAAAAAAAGd8/qsbiXN3dLj8/s800/DSC_5062.JPG

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@ Zangetsu: Raynox DCR-250 is good. In that case you wont need an ET. But it costs around 5k INR.. So its better to go for Kenko Auto Extension Tube I think..
check the cost here it is more than 8k
Kenko Auto Extension Tube for Nikon Digital Cameras Reviews | Features - Kenko Auto Extension Tube for Nikon Digital Cameras Expert Reviews n Features India

so i think Raynox is cheap & better :cool:

Sounava

In the zone
Then can we use ET on canon 70-200 2.8 and get good macros.. or can we at least use Tamron 17-70 2.8 with ET for macros:)

I know using ET with normal lenses like 18-55 is out of question coz its aperture is small...

Actually I can tell everything with cheap ET in mind...donno how kenko ET work
You can use any lens with automatic ET's. And with manual ET's you can use any lens with aperture ring. Whether you use a prime or a zoom lens is not the factor.

check the cost here it is more than 8k
Kenko Auto Extension Tube for Nikon Digital Cameras Reviews | Features - Kenko Auto Extension Tube for Nikon Digital Cameras Expert Reviews n Features India

so i think Raynox is cheap & better :cool:
Then buy the Raynox. It is cheaper, though not necessarily better.

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
So many updates in this thread..., i missed completely.
NE way...
I need to buy Extension Tube (non auto) for my Canon 1000D as I m more interested in Closeups / Macros. (By looking at Sujay's Pics & Toofan's Pic I think I need desperately).
Can you recommend any Store / User from E-bay? (I know Sujay & Toofan uses Nikon & I need to Canon).
Keep Clicking ....and Take Care of Lenses in Mansoon :)
Thanks in Advance.

toofan

Technomancer
Some mosquito shots for your C &C. Thanks
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6024/5949369351_14cd3638ff_b.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6005/5949369353_7ed870dbf2_b.jpg
_DSC8736 by toofan.v, on Flickr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zangetsu: thanks, No light will pass through the black and If its white and translucent there will be no effect on the colour of light. Using Umbrella means Increasing the size of light source and diffusing it. Black umbrellas are used with Silver coting inside and to reflect the light inplace of passing the light through it.

Thanks friends for feedback.

Sounava: good and sharp shot.
Sujoy: 1st is awesome. This type of shot is in my wish light. never get any oppurtunity to shoot those. Once I tried, she jumped on my lens and I was on my viewfinder, you might think how much horrified I might be.

astroutkarsh: before buying local/manual ETs please confirm that you have a lens with aperture ring.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@toofan..mosquito on flowers...I never found one:lol:

BTW 1st pic is good..

I hope when that insect jumped on ur lens u didnt got scared enough:grin: due to magnification

@astroutkarsh u will get a cheap Et very easily on ebay....but as toofan said u should have aperture ring on the lens to use it...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Few shots from my Malsejghat trip,

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6009/5951197258_76e3cd19b4_z.jpg
IMG_3048 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6009/5951195066_bf3bd3a9f5_z.jpg
IMG_3044 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6145/5950635449_19f1346232_z.jpg
IMG_3027 by rH1twick, on Flickr

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6129/5948712678_ecd4041dae.jpg
Lincoln Park Zoo through my Lenses by ajayashish, on Flickr

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6012/5948150037_cdc6bfe700.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6024/5948697082_9946d2a862.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6133/5948688870_91469a5505.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
ajay: liked last one more.

ritwik: 1st is excellent for me. 2nd and 3rd has unnatural tilt which is not working for me.

Sujoy: Check these.
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/5608271394_c2a2bee95b_b.jpg

*farm6.static.flickr.com/5108/5607687317_aa87bc3b08_b.jpg
_DSC6994 by toofan.v, on Flickr

Top Bottom