The Photography Thread

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ I was in a similar situation till 15 days back. There is everything on net but its helpful only if someone properly tells you the basics.

Theres 7 days workshop in NIP, Dadar.
Theres 2 days workshop in VPS, Dadar.

I was recommended the first one, but just because of the duration I attended the second one, which turned out to be quite decent. I can now use net information the way I want. I strongly recommend attending atleast one basic workshop, though others might have a different opinion.

toofan

Technomancer
If you don't have options then you have to learn by yourself. Download some books on photography and read them. Or take that 7 day training. They will teach you some deep things also, only in those 7 days, which many like me learn by experience and time. So if want to invest invest in good or go free.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@izzikio_rage...composition seems correct but y the pic is soo grainy...did u oversharpen it or its some kind of effect...

I liked the shot:)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
@izzikio_rage : Beautiful pic. The tokri effect is amazing.

*img266.imageshack.us/img266/9083/hang3.th.jpg

The mud chime

Last edited:

desai_amogh

In the zone
Off-topic: I am planning to buy Nikon Coolpix P90. kindly advise if this is a good camera in the range of 25k or if there are better options available???

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ I assume it is not a DSLR. If your budget is 25k, you can get a decent entry level DSLR. Not sure about Nikon, but you can get Canon 450D around that price from US. But let few more inputs come from other thread members. They are more experienced. I am just a new entrant :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
What did u like in Nikon P90??...Panasonic Fz35 and Canon Sx20 are better then that..

Also if u want DSLR then u can have 2-3 choices but then u have to spend extra on zoom lens, macro lens etc..

An advance superzoom is good for all in one purpose but not something u want for ur hobby....for pursuing hobby u should go for DSLR

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Off-topic: I am planning to buy Nikon Coolpix P90. kindly advise if this is a good camera in the range of 25k or if there are better options available???

Hey i have used P90 and i was not really impressed with that camera... better go with Canon SX20 with almost same features but a better image stabilizer than Canon on this cam...

Also, you can consider D500 from Canon if u want to go with a DSLR... it is almost the same price...

Canon point and shoot cameras are better as far as i have used them and would rate it over Nikon

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Also, you can consider D500 from Canon if u want to go with a DSLR... it is almost the same price...

500D (or Rebel T1i, in US) is a bit costlier. I got it a month back from US for around 32K for a cam with 18-55 mm basic lens. It definitely costlier in India, if I am not mistaken. 450D (or XSi, if purchased from US) should fit the 25k budget. I think the only difference is the HD video recording.

sujoyp

Grand Master
DSLR system is much complicated then Superzoom like SX20

u have to spend a fortune to get 15-20x zoom lens in slr

for general purpose I would recommend FZ35 and SX20 any day

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys a small update. In my office they organized a small Photography contest last week and one of my entry won first prize.

It was a butterfly shot that I think I had posted here too.

All credits goes to all u guys. Thanks all you for watever I know today of camera and photography.

toofan

Technomancer
congrats Ritwik.

Stuge: some trademark shots by you. I know you will be covering the event very well.
I had some interview to face so preparing for that. And I really missing the even.

Top Bottom