The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Aren't you buying for your Dad? If so more important what your Dad prefers than you.

My Mum had a tougher time with Stock Android than MIUI, same with my sis but I prefer Stock over it. Depends upon the type of user.

Yes, need one for my dad. My dad is a clean slate and a quick learner and hence can learn whatever is taught. You mean MIUI interface is easier than Stock? My comment on settings page says otherwise.

Anyone facing Heating Issue with Mi4i ?
I am facing a lot.

Hope you have updated the OS. Check for updates from settings if you haven't. Mi4i had heating issues before the update. Now users report heating issue have gone down by a significant margin.

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Yes, need one for my dad. My dad is a clean slate and a quick learner and hence can learn whatever is taught. You mean MIUI interface is easier than Stock? My comment on settings page says otherwise.
Maybe you're right about the settings menu but I feel your average user barely ever goes in and fiddles with settings often enough for it to matter much.

But the confusion with Android is that multiple shortcuts of the same app appear and this confused people and they are not able to find some apps because they never made a shortcut for it etc. That's the one thing i like about Apple's UI (same in MIUI) Plus it's quite full featured: permissions manager, themes antivirus, space cleaner, battery profile manager block lists for calls and messages and several others.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ So you saying that UI of MIUI is better in terms of stock in terms of the accessibility of apps. Well, I haven't used it much so can't validate the claims.

Anyway, the Mi4i have now gone back to 13k on FK, so that means I am more inclined towards Lenovo K3 Note, since its specs rich, with only one con of that of looks. But looks are subjective anyway. Will let dad decide.

amjath

Human Spambot
^^ So you saying that UI of MIUI is better in terms of stock in terms of the accessibility of apps. Well, I haven't used it much so can't validate the claims.

Anyway, the Mi4i have now gone back to 13k on FK, so that means I am more inclined towards Lenovo K3 Note, since its specs rich, with only one con of that of looks. But looks are subjective anyway. Will let dad decide.

Check snapdeal

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz

There is Diwali sale next week on MI Store.Wait for that. MI4I camera is really good.My dad is using it and he is pretty happy.He is not tech savvy yet he found it easy to use the phone. MIUI is easy to use IMO.

rachitrt23

Broken In
Mi4i's camera and display are great. During normal usage it doesn't heat up that much ( two of my cousins use it and bought 3 for my friends). Just non expandable storage is a concern.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
There is Diwali sale next week on MI Store.Wait for that. MI4I camera is really good.My dad is using it and he is pretty happy.He is not tech savvy yet he found it easy to use the phone. MIUI is easy to use IMO.

I will give the Xiaomi sale a chance to lure me into buying Mi4i. FK already had it for 10k. If they want to lure me, the price has to come even below 10k.
Let's see if this sale returns some fruitful devices.

Btw, I can't seem to find where the sale would occur. On their official India website or on Flipkart?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I will give the Xiaomi sale a chance to lure me into buying Mi4i. FK already had it for 10k. If they want to lure me, the price has to come even below 10k.
Let's see if this sale returns some fruitful devices.

Btw, I can't seem to find where the sale would occur. On their official India website or on Flipkart?

Their official India website.They have Mi Store app too.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Installed the Mi App. Played the draw pattern game through which you can play to win prizes. The patterns are not always easy. Anyway, got a Rs10 discount voucher on Xiaomi accessories. Tried playing after logging through more numbers. No donut. :(

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Installed the Mi App. Played the draw pattern game through which you can play to win prizes. The patterns are not always easy. Anyway, got a Rs10 discount voucher on Xiaomi accessories. Tried playing after logging through more numbers. No donut. :(

I got nothing :(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I got nothing :(

Well, you do get a chance to try again 5 times till 4th of November. So that's 30 more chances. Plus you can create more MI accounts using different numbers, even if they are not Androids.
Also registered for Rs 1 sale. I will try hard to get myself a Rs 1 phone this time. :Fingerx: :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Someone please answer this question. I am wondering too.

I am seeing a lot of reviews saying redmi 2 prime's poor call quality.. Anyone own redmi 2 prime here ?

- - - Updated - - -

So I tried to get something for Rs 1 today in Mi sale.
As soon as the button got activated I pressed it on my phone. It went from "waiting in queue" to "Out of stock" pretty fast. No do nut.
Anyone else got something?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
So I tried to get something for Rs 1 today in Mi sale.
As soon as the button got activated I pressed it on my phone. It went from "waiting in queue" to "Out of stock" pretty fast. No do nut.
Anyone else got something?

Ditto here.Feels like a scam to me.

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Where do you play the game? I'm not even getting it.

Anyways can someone please order black in ear headphones for 299/- for me. I want to buy them but not sure if I'm registered for it or what to do exactly?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Where do you play the game? I'm not even getting it.

Anyways can someone please order black in ear headphones for 299/- for me. I want to buy them but not sure if I'm registered for it or what to do exactly?

Play game at mi site. You don't need to register to buy stuff. You need to register only for Rs 1 sale, which is stupid anyway.
Celebrate Diwali with Mi!

KayKashyap

Journeyman
well they are clearing their old stock/returned pieces and whatever that's left in the storehouse. :mrgreen:

and i guess 100 pieces every sale ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Eff Xiaomi. Seriously. Worst sale. And not just because I couldn't get anything for Rs 1.

androidfreak

Broken In
Their sales are down by 46% already (Read somewhere). They should stop the stupidity called flash sales or they'll disappear pretty soon.

Top Bottom