The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

ankushv

Journeyman
My wife using redmi 1s since last October . She is not one to handle phones with care . It's still going strong , also the camera is awesome .
My redmi note 4g too gives me no problems at all .

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
My friend was a fool then...

Anyway any body excited for mi4c...
Tomorrow is the launch...
Maybe 32gb grey one would take a month or two to be available in India

$hadow

Geek in making
My friend was a fool then...

Anyway any body excited for mi4c...
Tomorrow is the launch...
Maybe 32gb grey one would take a month or two to be available in India

I am looking for mi5. They are just milking the cow now with all these variants.

tkin

Back to school!!
I am looking for mi5. They are just milking the cow now with all these variants.
If only Mi shipped stock android. Its time all manufacturers teamed up. No more skinning android, they can provide features via standalone apps. Unified operating system, easier to manage. They can cut significant costs by going this route.

Android L with material design is already very matured, the ui is fast, fluid, and filled with uber cool animations. It does not need third party skin. Companies can provide launchers and lock screens. And android will benefit by being consistent across all devices. They will cut significant costs and turn their company around.

Shal

Right off the assembly line
Amazon.in is having a I love Mi discount sale - Rs 1000 off on Mi 4, Mi 4i and Mi Pad. Sadly, no discount on Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime. :-?
I ordered Redmi 2 Prime with COD. I wish to gift my mother a smartphone and still confused between Redmi 2 Prime and Yu Yunique....it will be her first phone. I am using Redmi 1S and thought she will like it, especially the normal SIM type in it but since it's discontinued favouring Redmi 2 Prime, however Yu Yunique is more pocket-friendly in terms of price. It will be her first smart phone. Any suggestions guys?

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed my mind on Prime, may be will have another chance to play with Yunique if I am able to gift it to some other family member!

maheshn

Journeyman
Why is Xiaomi not releasing all of the colour variants of their phones in India?

For a *very* long time, only black/white versions of any model were available unless imported through unofficial channels. Now the Mi4i 2 additional colours only are made available. The Redmi 2 is available in Light Green, Pink and Yellow outside of India but not here... methinks the marketing people here are too biased towards "You can get any colour you want as long as it's black or white" (or grey).

This attitude prevails towards a lot of other things including but not limited to computer accessories, components etc.

Hope they change this situation soon.

Akira

Augmented Nerd
I've ordered the Mi4i 32GB grey variant from Flipkart. However, while researching more about the phone, I've come across many complaints regarding the phone's extreme heating and rather low battery life. Not to mention, the new OTA updates did not help.

So, should I cancel my order or wait and see?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I've ordered the Mi4i 32GB grey variant from Flipkart. However, while researching more about the phone, I've come across many complaints regarding the phone's extreme heating and rather low battery life. Not to mention, the new OTA updates did not help.

If you plan to game then cancel it.My dad has the 16gb version and games stutter while playing due to throttling in order to keep the temp down.Battery is good.Cam is really good.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

I have been a huge proponent of Mi 4i from the beginning. I made my Dad, Uncle and Sister buy this phone... But I will tell you the truth. The chip Snapdragon 615 in the phone is a piece of garbage. Older generation chips are far better.

That is the reason why, even though this phone has excellent camera and an awesome screen, lack of processing power causes this phone to overheat and stutter. Maybe MIUI 7 will improve things when it launches in a few months, but right now, the experience of using MIUI 6 on this phone is subpar.

I would recommend not buying this phone. Buy the Mi 4 instead. Snapdragon 801 in that phone is a champ...

ankushv

Journeyman
Can Indian 4g bands be activated on mi4 , as it supports 4g in international markets except India .
My bad ...
I guess even in the international market mi4 cannot do 4g , else it was a good buy .

Renny

Padawan
Redmi Note 4G - Phone was working fine, after restarting it IMEI says invalid and baseband unknown. Need to take it for servicing.

I just need to take just the invoice to the service center right?

khalil1210

In the zone
That and a questionable OS. If you are going to flash custom roms then it won't be a problem. Also its an old phone.

Thanks for the reply.

Not interested in rooting and custom roms. I will just buy zenfone 2 laser

Any idea when Asus zenfone 2 laser (Rs 9,999) will come back in stock ?

Top Bottom