The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

Minion

Conversation Architect
Ha-ha its not like that actually ,for the phones which have been released with KitKat ,the miui is KitKat based like for mi3/mi4 etc and for those which were released with lollipop miui 7 is based on that ,eg is mi4i
Xiaomi did publish a road map for M update (which excludes mi3)
Though sort of official aosp rom has been there for mi3/mi4 ( a xiaomi developer apparently releases the aosp versions ,with the sources he have )
And a M version of aosp has been released
But AFAIK ,compared to other Chinese manufacturers ,their update speed is quite crap ,when it comes to stock roms
Dev support is another matter

Actually they done great not jumping to lollipop lollipop is still buggy and google fixed most of the lollipop bugs in android M this is the reason why I think they are still building upon KitKat.

tkin

Back to school!!
Actually they done great not jumping to lollipop lollipop is still buggy and google fixed most of the lollipop bugs in android M this is the reason why I think they are still building upon KitKat.
5 was buggy but most of the bugs were fixed in 5.1.1, so that's not an excuse to stick to kitkat.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
5 was buggy but most of the bugs were fixed in 5.1.1, so that's not an excuse to stick to kitkat.
They don't care about OS. Most of their profit comes from selling accessories.

Also, its better to just use an AOSP rom on their phones from the start instead of MIUI.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect

Nope. Google still has not fixed mobile radio active bug in lollipop 5.1.1 which will drain phone battery very fast if you use 2G/3G.

Innocent Lies

Broken In
What's the point of the updates exactly? What I mean to ask is, what benefit do you get from the updates?

I'm genuinely asking as I've never felt it to have any major effect?

tkin

Back to school!!
What's the point of the updates exactly? What I mean to ask is, what benefit do you get from the updates?

I'm genuinely asking as I've never felt it to have any major effect?
Well, I'm not sure which version are you on but 4.4 to 5.0 was a massive change visually, granted 5 to 6 will not have much visual upgrades but doze mode will help with battery backup. Same with 5.0 to 5.1, number of stability upgrades and speed improvements.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^You can use SD card as internel memory in Android 6.0 which helps a lot if you play lots of games as it basically increases internal memory.

BakBob

Mods changed my name :(
^You can use SD card as internel memory in Android 6.0 which helps a lot if you play lots of games as it basically increases internal memory.

It's nice to see Google attempt fix one of their ****ups, but don't do that. In 6.0 SD card isn't pre-cached effectively (still hollow support for SD cards sadly), due to this the SD Card would be much slower than internal memory.

Anyways, when is the MiPad 2 coming out? I'm in the market for a tablet around Christmas.

Renny

Padawan
Hi - My Note 4G's screen has a single crack from side to side, not the shattered type of breakage. The screen has to be replaced right?

How much would it cost via Mi, or can I buy one of these and replace it myself?
eBay

dan11

Broken In
guys need , help . Currently i was using redmi 1s with Mui 5 ver 45. I have never flashed it.

I tried to update my Mui through latest installation and what happened is it got stuck in " MI recovery 2.0 " and shows me language option and after choosing english , it shows reboot , update .zip to system , wipe and resset and power off .

I cant update it and rebooting leads to once again showing this menu.
pls help

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
guys need , help . Currently i was using redmi 1s with Mui 5 ver 45. I have never flashed it.

I tried to update my Mui through latest installation and what happened is it got stuck in " MI recovery 2.0 " and shows me language option and after choosing english , it shows reboot , update .zip to system , wipe and resset and power off .

I cant update it and rebooting leads to once again showing this menu.
pls help

Your phone has downloaded the latest version of MIUI to update. It just failed to apply update.

Click on Update.zip to test if the update process begins.

You can also try to download the latest MIUI update file in zip format, and flash it with MIUI flash tool. Check out link for download options and instructions -- MIUI China Stable Version V7.1.3.0.KHCCNCK for Redmi 1S Changelog&Download - Redmi 1S - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

dan11

Broken In
Your phone has downloaded the latest version of MIUI to update. It just failed to apply update.

Click on Update.zip to test if the update process begins.

You can also try to download the latest MIUI update file in zip format, and flash it with MIUI flash tool. Check out link for download options and instructions -- MIUI China Stable Version V7.1.3.0.KHCCNCK for Redmi 1S Changelog&Download - Redmi 1S - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

i followed same steps, but update file was on .tar so it cant update it and now it cant update on pressing "install update.zip"

What sud I do now ??

Last edited:

ankushv

Journeyman
China versions of miui roms do not have play store preinstalled. They have some other app store from where play store needs to be installed.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
i followed same steps, but update file was on .tar so it cant update it and now it cant update on pressing "install update.zip"

What sud I do now ??

Use the flash tool. Download zip file. tar file is only used if you are comfortable using fastboot.

dan11

Broken In
Use the flash tool. Download zip file. tar file is only used if you are comfortable using fastboot.

Can u provide me with link for how to do it .

Sud I use this steps for flashingXiaomi MIUI Official Forum

or this version that is meant or unbricking the phoneUnbrick a Redmi 1s which doesnt startup or fastboot(power+volume-) not working - Redmi 1S - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

and MIUI China Stable Version V7.1.3.0.KHCCNCK for Redmi 1S Changelog&Download - Redmi 1S - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum I m going to use the flashboot file from that thread

Top Bottom