The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

Innocent Lies

Broken In
It's quite absurd. I'd like to put in an order even if they have a waiting list then that would be fine. They just straight out don't let you buy except for 10AM in the mornings when most working people have meetings or most have classes.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It's quite absurd. I'd like to put in an order even if they have a waiting list then that would be fine. They just straight out don't let you buy except for 10AM in the mornings when most working people have meetings or most have classes.

Exactly. Just one of the reasons.
1. 10 am flash sale
2. Rs 1 flash sale, where no matter how fast you press the button.. it never works
3. Out of stock items, which are not even on flash sale.. seriously.. I wanted to buy the 10k mAH powerbank for so long now. Why list it on site in the first place?
4. The Rs 10 and Rs 20 coupons that I collected while playing their dumb "light diyas" game.. I can't merge the coupons..
5. Prices of products more than what we get on FK sale (Mi4i ws 9999 on FK on sale, while on Xiaomi sale it was 10,999.)
6. Limited phones. Many good phones are not even on the sale. It was just a clearance sale. And pathetic one at that.

SUCKS Xiaomi. Sucks.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Exactly. Just one of the reasons.
1. 10 am flash sale
2. Rs 1 flash sale, where no matter how fast you press the button.. it never works
3. Out of stock items, which are not even on flash sale.. seriously.. I wanted to buy the 10k mAH powerbank for so long now. Why list it on site in the first place?
4. The Rs 10 and Rs 20 coupons that I collected while playing their dumb "light diyas" game.. I can't merge the coupons..
5. Prices of products more than what we get on FK sale (Mi4i ws 9999 on FK on sale, while on Xiaomi sale it was 10,999.)
6. Limited phones. Many good phones are not even on the sale. It was just a clearance sale. And pathetic one at that.

SUCKS Xiaomi. Sucks.
+1 Billion...

Even FK big Billion day is better than this :-D

amjath

Human Spambot
iaomi recently lost its position as China's No. 1 smartphone brand to rival Huawei. A similar story is now being seen in India for Xiaomi, whose sales decreased by 46% in the July-September quarter.
According to data by Counterpoint Research, Xiaomi lost the market share primarily due in the low-cost segment due to competition by the likes Lenovo and Micromax's brand YU. This is the first decline in sales for the company since it entered India a little over a year ago, says the research firm. The Chinese startup did not figure in the top 5 smartphone vendors in the country.

They lost its place in India and also in China to Huawei

Xiaomi sales in India down 46% in Q3: Counterpoint Research - Times of India

Huawei Overtakes Xiaomi To Top China’s Smartphone Market For First Time: Report | TechCrunch

They want to do some publicity. Yu is planning to launch a premium flagship at very low price. Xiaomi sees no place in India

Minion

Conversation Architect
Xiaomi sees India as dumping ground they are not releasing some good phones/tabs in India like Mi4c they should change attitude and consider India as huge market rather than dumping ground.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
For most of my friends it's been around 3-4 weeks, one/two cases was over 1 month. The Redmi series was the biggest culprit, Mi4 has relatively better build quality.
I am not asking about build quality. Even greatly built devices can fail due to poor handling.

How is the service? Is it like Micromax?

$hadow

Geek in making
I would love to see the source of that. If it comes with SD 820 international launch will be a issue.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Meh, dont plan on getting a xiaomi anymore, when it comes to updates ,they are the worst !!!!
may be ill look at letv if they release their phones here !

amjath

Human Spambot
Meh, dont plan on getting a xiaomi anymore, when it comes to updates ,they are the worst !!!!
may be ill look at letv if they release their phones here !

Mi4 has good dev support, If I buy Xiaomi I will install CM or other ROMS after unlocking bootloader

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Mi4 has good dev support, If I buy Xiaomi I will install CM or other ROMS after unlocking bootloader
Yes the dev support is decent ,but the camera is still **** ,and unless someone ports miui camera app ,it will remain so
The details are there in xda , I'm talking about mi3/mi4
Not to mention the sources were released after months of trolling by xiaomi
They did make a promise of releasing sources with 3/6m ,I don't remember exactly ,
But I'm not sure whether they have kept their word
The latest ,what they have said ,they will update the miui straight to M skipping lollipop
God alone knows when

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes the dev support is decent ,but the camera is still **** ,and unless someone ports miui camera app ,it will remain so
The details are there in xda , I'm talking about mi3/mi4
Not to mention the sources were released after months of trolling by xiaomi
They did make a promise of releasing sources with 3/6m ,I don't remember exactly ,
But I'm not sure whether they have kept their word
The latest ,what they have said ,they will update the miui straight to M skipping lollipop
God alone knows when

They're still at kitkat for Miui V7 :lol:
If you don't care about updates but need good hardware for the price then only consider Xiaomi phones.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
They're still at kitkat for Miui V7 :lol:
If you don't care about updates but need good hardware for the price then only consider Xiaomi phones.

WTF :shock: MIUI V7 is still kitkat.

MIUI5 > MIUI6 > MIUI7 (three legacy versions and still Kitkat)
Xiaomi needs a break seriously :talk2hand:

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
WTF :shock: MIUI V7 is still kitkat.

MIUI5 > MIUI6 > MIUI7 (three legacy versions and still Kitkat)
Xiaomi needs a break seriously :talk2hand:

Ha-ha its not like that actually ,for the phones which have been released with KitKat ,the miui is KitKat based like for mi3/mi4 etc and for those which were released with lollipop miui 7 is based on that ,eg is mi4i
Xiaomi did publish a road map for M update (which excludes mi3)
Though sort of official aosp rom has been there for mi3/mi4 ( a xiaomi developer apparently releases the aosp versions ,with the sources he have )
And a M version of aosp has been released
But AFAIK ,compared to other Chinese manufacturers ,their update speed is quite crap ,when it comes to stock roms
Dev support is another matter

Top Bottom