The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
Did clear the cache. Still kind of slow and heating issues. Also, the charger is faulty. Should I just return the phone or I can use a different charger (Samsung)?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Do a factory reset first after the update. That charger is a 2000 mah charger,it charges the hone pretty fast, a lower Mah charger though will charge but albeit take longer to charge the Redmi1s. So raise a complain with Flipkart.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
The CPU-Z says the phone temperature is 38 degrees which people are saying is normal. But the ear-piece is really hot and the back cover feels warm even after reset/deleting cache. Is this how Redmi is going to be? I have used Grand 2 and it's cool/normal/not at all hot.

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
The CPU-Z says the phone temperature is 38 degrees which people are saying is normal. But the ear-piece is really hot and the back cover feels warm even after reset/deleting cache. Is this how Redmi is going to be? I have used Grand 2 and it's cool/normal/not at all hot.

lol.. redmi is going to be red hot...! :D

Reloaded

In the zone

Does the update reduce performance?

Last edited:

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Hey guys can you tell me which one looks better from these 2:

Imported Black Hybrid Soft Back Case Cover Pouch Bumper FOR Xiaomi Redmi 1s | eBay

FOR Xiaomi Redmi 1s Attractive Quality Back Cover Case | eBay

setanjan123

In the zone
any one using custom roms or android 4.4 plz tell in redmi 1 s......
I haven't used the mokee Rom but from what I read on the net, it really enhances the performance of this phone. Stock android makes good use of this hardware. Heating issues and low ram to issues have vanished. The phone performs like moto g if not better due to the higher clocked cpu.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Received the RedMi 1S , woould not have been possible without Sandynators immense help, updated to ROM45 and everything is looking great at the moment.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well I have been looking at miui forums, of redmi
The consensus seems to be that though the heating issue have been addressed, and Ram is okish the performance isn't on par with v41.1
The phone I got has been in its box and I decided to check how it is, after browsing for like 5 min, the phone started to get warn was indeed surprised how quick it was , well I didn't wait much to see how far it went but decided to do all the tweaks then
Rooted, flashed twrp, pure performance mod, ramscript, and patched services.jar
Well everything looks good so far, phones smooth but it's warm and stays warm doesn't get heated up
Just to test out its performance can you recommend.a graphics intensive game and small size (within 50-100mb max)
I tried temple run it ran fine for the smaller period I tested should check more

Also I tried resetting the phone and ended up losing all the pre installed apps except play store including the stock browser :/

Last edited:

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys need some help here
I did a foolish thing of doing a reset of the redmi without taking a backup
Now I'm stuck without stock browser and other apps
But that's not the problem here
The theme manager is showing Chinese themes even though the locale is set to us and language en
And I think the phones location is being locked into some place 2.5 hours ahead of us, Malaysia may be ( ie when I switch on the phone, it automatically acquires time of Malayasia/china I think) how do I fix this any help ( esp the themes)
Feels like I might have to flash the rom again

- - - Updated - - -

ok just remembered i had the previously downloaded update file in my phone and i flashed it , now i have got back all the google apps and stock browser but the theme manager still showing chinese damn

- - - Updated - - -

more update , can anyone extract the theme app from the latest rom and send it to me , i ran out of bandwidth on my broadband and downloading the whole rom is pain, if anyone has the theme apk from v45 that would be fine

Last edited:
Top Bottom