The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Guys just got my Redmi.

What are the things I should do to make my experience better?
How do I update it to the latest version?
I want to save images/music/games on SD Card. Will I have to root it?
What applications should I install to make the phone better (heating issues)?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys just got my Redmi.

Just open updater and check for updates, it should you the v45 update. That will solve your all heating issues.

To save images/music to SD card, you don't need to root but for apps, I guess yes.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys just got my Redmi.

Update to latest version 45. It will solve heating and low ram issues. Instead of OTA update, download the file to pc and transfer to phone or sd card and update. The OTA update has no resume feature, you have to start again if the download fails. After this update you can specify the sd card as save location for camera.No rooting is required.

Redmi 1S C/W Stable ROM (Global/Multilanguage) JHCMIBH45.0 Changelog/Download - Redmi 1S - MIUI Official Forum

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I am getting around 350MB free ram when no apps are running and around 150MB when 3-4 apps are running. Previously, the free ram will get as low as 90MB on opening two three apps.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Someone suggest me some good case/covers for Redmi1s under 200rs.
Get pudini quicksand back case. It has good grip.

Xiomi Redme 1S Back Cover Pudini Quick Sand Finish (Hard Plastic)

Posting actual image taken from my redmi 1s
imgur: the simple image sharer

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Just started using Redmi. The first thing I did was update to latest ROM (v45).

The phone is getting kind of hot? I am unable to hold it over my ear. This update was supposed to solve the heating issues?

I have used my friends' smartphones and haven't felt this kind of heat. Also, the UI is kind of laggy. The pop-up takes at least a second to open up after clicking on the button.

Last edited:

setanjan123

In the zone

The phone is getting kind of hot? I am unable to hold it over my ear. This update was supposed to solve the heating issues?

I have used my friends' smartphones and haven't felt this kind of heat. Also, the UI is kind of laggy. The pop-up takes at least a second to open up after clicking on the button.
MIUI and laggy?? I always found the ui to be pretty fluid. Kind of like iOS which is expected since miui is based on iOS. You can get stock android if you like. Jus install the cyanogen mod Rom for redmi. It is stock kitkat

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
A competitor for Redmi 1s has arrived on Flipkart. Specs seems decent except mediatek SOC.
20141016-124644-promo-banner.jpg

Honor Holly Store Online - Buy Honor Holly Products Online at Best Price in India - Flipkart.com

Those who cannot get redmi 1s can think of it.

saifi2649

Broken In

Clear cache from recovery. Mine was slow too after update but after clear cache and user data everything is smooth now

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Will do that. What about the heating issue? I switched on the phone 30 minutes back and I am just using whatsapp and it is really warm near the ear piece. Warm enough to be uncomfortable while talking on the phone.

Edit. Cleared cache and user data. Don't see any smoothness. Also, can't keep the phone over my ear for more than 5-10 seconds. It's that hot. Even when I am not using the phone, it isn't cooling down. Defective?

Edit 2: Also, the charger isn't working. I tried a different charger and it works but not Redmi charger. Well, this is a sad experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom