The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

I also Felt this. Lets wait for next update.

In a voting where 67 people voted 97% were facing this issue. Source:en.miui.com/thread-32078-1-1.html
It is very common. People are also getting replacement for this issue.
It looks like a software bug but still they are giving replacement. If you try "SECRET VIDEO RECORDER " app and set audio source to main or mic, the hissing greatly reduced.
If you search about it on Google you will see its happening in Malaysia, phillipene too.

This problem was there in nexus 5 too source :*productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/nexus/0hvTK4eMVGk
It was solved by a xda member source :forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/mod-camcorder-audio-quality-fix-t2837930/

Please many of you have this phone tell me if you are having this problem. Is this a software issue or a hardware problem. Is it solved in any future update. I am getting that hissing sound while recording video. I received the phone yesterday.

Please help ASAP I am thinking of replacement or refund.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Who all have received the priority pass email from flipkart? I still haven't :(

LOL nevermind I did get it. It was in the promotions section so I didn't get the notification :p

Last edited:
In a voting where 67 people voted 97% were facing this issue. Source:en.miui.com/thread-32078-1-1.html
It is very common. People are also getting replacement for this issue.
It looks like a software bug but still they are giving replacement. If you try "SECRET VIDEO RECORDER " app and set audio source to main or mic, the hissing greatly reduced.
If you search about it on Google you will see its happening in Malaysia, phillipene too.

This problem was there in nexus 5 too source :*productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/nexus/0hvTK4eMVGk
It was solved by a xda member source :forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/mod-camcorder-audio-quality-fix-t2837930/

Please many of you have this phone tell me if you are having this problem. Is this a software issue or a hardware problem. Is it solved in any future update. I am getting that hissing sound while recording video. I received the phone yesterday.

Please help ASAP I am thinking of replacement or refund.

Anyone please

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
No I don't think the hissing sound is fixed ,I haven't checked mine ,but when I record calls I get the hiss
And I didn't get the priority pass,I was late to register after all :/

Some people had reported it earlier but it was fixed with a software update. Are you on the latest version of MIUI(I think it's 24)?

I am on v16.
hissing sound was reduced in v22 but sound quality was compromised.
Source: Is there a Hissing sound in the Video Recorded on your Mi3 ? - Page2 - India - MIUI Official Community - Mobile

1.Should i go for replacement.
2.Is it a software problem ( then why dont all phones have it ) or hardware problem.
3.Everyone please tell if you are facing/faced this problem and if yes then what did you do.

- - - Updated - - -

No I don't think the hissing sound is fixed ,I haven't checked mine ,but when I record calls I get the hiss

will you do a quick video recording and tell if there is hissing noise.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Never really bothered to record a video until now,I barely use the feature ,anyway did a 30sec video record in pitch black right now ,apart from the sound of frogs croaking its silent here ,I'm getting a sound ,similar to the noise of static , I don't know whether its a hardware or software problem ,never bothered to check ,but I have seen this as a complaint in miui official forums as well as other places and as I have said before its yet to be fixed ,you should head over to official forum and ask there
On another note CM beta is released ,everything is working except the barometer ,anyone here tried ?

Never really bothered to record a video until now,I barely use the feature ,anyway did a 30sec video record in pitch black right now ,apart from the sound of frogs croaking its silent here ,I'm getting a sound ,similar to the noise of static , I don't know whether its a hardware or software problem ,never bothered to check ,but I have seen this as a complaint in miui official forums as well as other places and as I have said before its yet to be fixed ,you should head over to official forum and ask there
On another note CM beta is released ,everything is working except the barometer ,anyone here tried ?

yes that static noise like that from an old crt tv. you have that too in your mi3.
So should i not bother for replacement.

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
Thanks , I always have it in 3G only but even then the issue persists. It wasn't there on ROM18. I'll check about the sync as explained by you. But these are bugs. They should do something about them. Ram management is as bad as it can get. Its something they should seriously look in to.

Android is linux... and check this link for your query on "Bad RAM Management"

Help! Linux ate my RAM!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone please

Please stop pestering/nagging people like a kid... unless you are one.... not only you are facing this issue, even I am facing this.... but I am not begging to resolve this...

be patient and someone will post something about this... or an update will resolve this....

if you are using a back cover, drill a hole for the mic... if not, then turn off noise cancellation in setting.... act matured, bro..!!

- - - Updated - - -

no priority pass for me... but still I will order Redmi 1S :D

- - - Updated - - -

you are being contacted by an alien force or something ??? you using a back cover ??

_prabhat

Journeyman
Android is linux...

Difference Between Android and Linux | Difference Between | Android vs Linux

Although Android is developed based on Linux, the operating system does not completely use the standard Linux kernel. Android architecture supports only two types of architecture at this point in time, viz: x86 and ARM. However, the Linux kernel supports different types of architectures including the x86 architecture which is most commonly used in desktop/laptop/server systems. The Android system uses x86 architecture for Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) and an ARM platform for mobile phones.

While developing the Android operating system, a few features were added to the Linux kernel which include: an alarm driver, kernel debugger, logger, power management, and Android shared memory driver. These enhancements were built on top of the standard Linux kernel.

Read more: Difference Between Android and Linux | Difference Between | Android vs Linux Difference Between Android and Linux | Difference Between | Android vs Linux

Last edited:
@ emailvarunchandak

"Pestering", how many times did you reply to my query. You come here read my posts and you know you have the issue but still you dont help and now the first reply you make is that i am pestering you. If you dont want to help thats absolutely fine. But let me get help. If this is pestering you ignore it like you did to my queries.

You are not begging to resolve, but you come here and talk about your cover, drilling hole in it, you dont have priority pass but you will still order redmi, or that you got another mi3. Whats the point of tech forum if one cannot talk about the real issues.

I had to ask the same query few times before getting replies.
This used to be a better place.
Where EVERYONE could get help.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankyou everyone who helped daredevil, kaz, kamikaz, sunE, elefanto

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
@ emailvarunchandak

"Pestering", how many times did you reply to my query. You come here read my posts and you know you have the issue but still you dont help and now the first reply you make is that i am pestering you. If you dont want to help thats absolutely fine. But let me get help. If this is pestering you ignore it like you did to my queries.

You are not begging to resolve, but you come here and talk about your cover, drilling hole in it, you dont have priority pass but you will still order redmi, or that you got another mi3. Whats the point of tech forum if one cannot talk about the real issues.

I had to ask the same query few times before getting replies.
This used to be a better place.
Where EVERYONE could get help.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankyou everyone who helped daredevil, kaz, kamikaz, sunE, elefanto

This thread is about Xiaomi Discussion which includes what i have asked/mentioned and what you have asked/mentioned. And I didnt say you cannot talk about the real/technical issues, etc. If not me, someone else would have said it. However, people are helping you, yet you are consistent.. anyways, I don't want to ruin this good thread by such incessant et ceteras.

Oh yes, thanks to everyone who has helped someone in one way or the other.

You didnt help but still you took the time and came up with those comments.
So you know what anyone else could have said ?
You didnt say I cannot talk about the real/technical issues, not directly you didnt.
If you don't want to ruin this good thread by such incessant et ceteras, then dont comment like you did on Anyone again.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey relax all, let's not start any tantrums here
BTW yeah I was using the back cover I'll record again at the same time and see if it was some aliens. :p

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well it's already past 2 PM and I still don't have a Redmi 1S in my cart. What the hell is flipkart doing??!!

Top Bottom