The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
guys is there a way to update Redmi 1S by copy pasting the update file in SD card instead of OTA?
if yes do post link and details

I updated three Redmi phones this way. You can put the update in internal or external memory and update using the updater app.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hello Experts,

We have a Redmi 1S at our home less than 2 weeks and update to the latest ver.41 when it prompt. My query here whenever Camera start for Video mode it always go back to 720P mode as a result Low 720P recording. As I still can't able to locate how to/ where to save 1080P settings.

If anyone find solution or workaround please share.
All the camera settings revert to default when you exit camera.

solanky

Broken In
Hello Experts,

We have a Redmi 1S at our home less than 2 weeks and update to the latest ver.41 when it prompt. My query here whenever Camera start for Video mode it always go back to 720P mode as a result Low 720P recording. As I still can't able to locate how to/ where to save 1080P settings.

If anyone find solution or workaround please share.
First you need to off Simple mode. Then you will see an option written 720. Touch it and change to 1080.

_prabhat

Journeyman
Guys when is redmi note launching? What will be the price? Will keep it 10k or reduce, what do you think? I think xiaomi is a bit late. The karbonn octane plus will be a stiff competitor.
I am hoping that they will launch it on coming Tuesday after Redmi sale. But yes I think they are late. This is latest news Xiaomi update: Mi3 won't sell in India any more, Redmi Note coming soon | Digit.in

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
download the ROM zip file from the MIUI site, put it anywhere in sd card/internal memory.
open the updater app, click menu button and select the update package (the zip file)
select update
wait for phone to reboot.

Thanks

will it wipe all my contacts/sms/apps etc?

Rajesh345

Youngling
It says my Xiaomi Mi3 might reach on saturday , so if lucky i get by 1/2 days , Suggest good Screen Guard and Flipk Pouch (amazon /Flipkart) also if u use that Pouch , kindly Upload 3-4 pics pls

abirthedevil

In the zone
Get the Nillkin tempered glass screen guard, and Nillkin frosted back case. I personally am using a fake Spigen tough armor case, provides excellent protection, tho makes use of buttons difficult and adds bulk to an already large phone. But as we have read in posts, Xiaomi service centers don't have spares so protecting phone from damage is a top priority.

setanjan123

In the zone
Guys mx player doesn't work on my Redmi 1s. After installing it when it downloads the codecs, they refuse to install. Any fix? Anybody else faced this problem?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Guys mx player doesn't work on my Redmi 1s. After installing it when it downloads the codecs, they refuse to install. Any fix? Anybody else faced this problem?

Use BSplayer better than Mxplayer and supports DTS decoding and very battery efficient too.

setanjan123

In the zone
Yeah mx player works fine now without any codecs. I downloaded it from the playstore this time. The previous one was a side loaded apk I had got from my friend so that might have been the problem.

setanjan123

In the zone
Guys I have a problem. I have a generic usb gamepad from a brand called atek. It resembles a ps3 controller. I connected the gamepad to my Redmi 1s through otg and used usb joystick center to enable it. I can even navigate the menus using the gamepad. But whenever I start a game, the gamepad doesn't work. The USB joystick app restarts whenever I start a game. So I have to again go and select my gamepad but again when I resume the game same thing happens . Maybe it is happening due to low ram. Anybody else faced this issue? Help?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
All the camera settings revert to default when you exit camera.

Ohh...Then it is common bug at the camera software so no cure yet. Thanks for confirming.

First you need to off Simple mode. Then you will see an option written 720. Touch it and change to 1080.

I turned off the simple mode and get 480 SD / 720 HD /1080 HD option, but when ever I turned it off it return 720 mode despite of shooting 1080 video earlier session.

*i.imgur.com/DVzNej6l.png?1

Top Bottom